Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Looking forward to the gig. Haven't been to the venue before. Is there seats in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I don't think there is for Blur. They set them up for some gigs, but as far as I know, for Blur it's all standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

unichick wrote: »
    Looking forward to the gig. Haven't been to the venue before. Is there seats in it?

It will be an all standing fully outdoor gig. No seating will be available.

Some people are making reference to the stage bring set up, that's for the Ennio Morricone gigs taking place there this weekend!! In fairness, the same stage will probably used for Thursday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Feck. Thought there would be some seats. I'm pregnant so hoping won't get jostled/pushed. Is it a tight venue? Hope I won't be squashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

unichick wrote: »
    Feck. Thought there would be some seats. I'm pregnant so hoping won't get jostled/pushed. Is it a tight venue? Hope I won't be squashed.

No its a big field, you can hover around the back or sides. I was there for forbidden fruit a few times and even at entrance and exit there wasn't a hectic squash or bottle neck

Any rumours on capacity or sales for this gig? Not too many adverts around which is always a decent sign!!

Thanks eggonyourface. That's a relief. Really love Blur so don't want to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Any rumours on capacity or sales for this gig? Not too many adverts around which is always a decent sign!!

You must not be listening to Today fm cos all I hear are ads for it - I presumed tickets weren't selling, complete opposite to you! Paul McLoone (sp?) was giving away tickets every night for a week or two aswell...I'm shocked, thought this would sell out straight away.

Ah well, more room for me to dance!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My housemate was down there today and saw Bulmers signs up. Does anyone know if they are for Blur or other gigs on this weekend? Would prefer Bulmers over Heineken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Yes. As stated Blur are not on until 9pm. Dave Fanning gave this time on 2fm. Great news for me as I can't get there 'til about 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I had surgery on my knee on friday so on crutches and leg is in a bad way. Huge Blur fan so still hoping to attend, if I had a wheelchair is there a special area I would be allowed into or might I get a camping chair in?

I can manage it a bit but between getting there and back dont know if I could stand for whole gig too or don't think it would be safe to sit on the ground. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I had surgery on my knee on friday so on crutches and leg is in a bad way. Huge Blur fan so still hoping to attend, if I had a wheelchair is there a special area I would be allowed into or might I get a camping chair in?

I can manage it a bit but between getting there and back dont know if I could stand for whole gig too or don't think it would be safe to sit on the ground. Any suggestions?

There usually is at these type of gigs and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a legal requirement.

Best thing to do would be call the promoter. You may need some sort of pass to gain access to the platform or whatever it is.

Pod's contact details are here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Anyone have any idea what sort of bar there'll be. I'm travelling over alone and it would be comforting to know I have a friend in alcohol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hey Guys!

Can't wait to see the lads again, they put on a beautiful show and the venue itself looks the same!

Have never been to a gig here before, am wondering is it a wellies or runners affair?? Soaked in grass or soaked on cement/cobbles? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Can anyone tell me if there are any radio stations/shows that are currently running competitions for tickets? Have absolutely no money and am hoping against hope I might win tickets!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Can't wait to see the lads again, they put on a beautiful show and the venue itself looks the same!

Have never been to a gig here before, am wondering is it a wellies or runners affair?? Soaked in grass or soaked on cement/cobbles? :o

They normally cover the area so I think you'll be ok with runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

What do people think of the Strypes? I heard of them only two weeks ago when they played T in the Park and I was blown away. Anyone going only to see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Anyone know if there's going to be a wristband pit at the front? Thinking of taking a half day to queue to get them if there is.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I was in a similar situation a few years back after breaking my ankle. Had standing tickets for the Stereophonics in The Point.

When I arrived at the venue I asked to speak to one of the promoters management and asked to be seated in the wheelchair area. No issues at all with it.

• Advertisement

Goolay wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's going to be a wristband pit at the front? Thinking of taking a half day to queue to get them if there is.

cheers

Just had a look on POD Live facebook page. Someone asked if there would be a pit and they confirmed there will be and it will be a first come, first serve basis!!

Think I will head along early enough myself. Hard to know what way the crowd will be especially midweek. Could be alot arriving from 6.30-7.30 I reckon. Might try and head for few pints close by around 2pm and judge the crowd from there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Just had a look on POD Live facebook page. Someone asked if there would be a pit and they confirmed there will be and it will be a first come, first serve basis!!

Think I will head along early enough myself. Hard to know what way the crowd will be especially midweek. Could be alot arriving from 6.30-7.30 I reckon. Might try and head for few pints close by around 2pm and judge the crowd from there!!

Good stuff, earliest I can get in is 3pm but hopefully queue won't be too mad at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

just bagged me an email ticket there on eBay. Would anyone know is there any smart way to verify how legit my ticket is? ....or do I just have to risk the possibility that any chancer can flog a hundred copies of the same ticket by email?

just bagged me an email ticket there on eBay. Would anyone know is there any smart way to verify how legit my ticket is? ....or do I just have to risk the possibility that any chancer can flog a hundred copies of the same ticket by email?

No way of checking it I'm afraid. You'll just have to take your chance. Ticketmaster refuse to verify tickets sold between third parties (i asked them a few weeks ago).

Only way to be certain is to get there when the gates open and get in early. The barcode you have will scan once so even if it's been sold 50 times, the first person through the gate is sorted.

I'm taking it you got a decent bargain on ebay seeing as you didn't just buy one on Ticketmaster??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Thanks. actually didn't know they were still available, just presumed it was sold out. got one for 30 so fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only way to be certain is to get there when the gates open and get in early. The barcode you have will scan once so even if it's been sold 50 times, the first person through the gate is sorted.

I'm taking it you got a decent bargain on ebay seeing as you didn't just buy one on Ticketmaster??!!

Thanks. actually didn't know they were still available, just presumed it was sold out. got one for 30 so fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

€30 for the ticket? Maybe could just be me but that sounds dodgy if its so cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ticketmaster refuse to verify tickets sold between third parties (i asked them a few weeks ago).
    They did for me, after asking over and over.

They did not say much but did say there were no other queries about the ticket reference number, to me this meant no other people ringing up asking about it like I was.

I would be checking the ebay sellers history.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Would anyone have a rough idea of when to start queuing for pit armband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

No way of checking it I'm afraid. You'll just have to take your chance. Ticketmaster refuse to verify tickets sold between third parties (i asked them a few weeks ago).

Get there early ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭DrConor

Get down to this after for some fun Big Hooky is in town

9394755329_2f1d12cecf_z.jpg

Buy Tickets here - http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3936/

Advertisement