Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Does anyone know if I go down at 4pm and get a pit pass, if I'll be allowed leave the venue again? I'm only living about 15 mins walk away so I'd prefer to just go back to my place and have a few cans rather than watching those nonces The Strypes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

dulux99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I go down at 4pm and get a pit pass, if I'll be allowed leave the venue again?

As with every other concert, there's no readmittance.
    By that rationale, anyone who had no interest in the support acts would go down early and get a pit pass, wander off and do their own thing for the afternoon and evening, and just turn up again in time for Blur.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Took a walk through the Old Kilmainham Hospital just now. Looks like almost the exact same setup as was used for the Ennio Morricone show so far.

The only differences I could see were that the seating and plastic flooring has been removed (although there was plastic flooring in a sectioned off area upfront, which I imagine is the pit). The main area is grass, so prepare to be covered in mud if the weather isn't kind. The forecast for Thursday right now is for occasional showers.

Also, it looked like the bar (which is run by Bulmers) was being extended a little bit. I couldn't make out the drinks menu, but it looked like there was about 5/6 items on it. All the other food/drink vendors looked to be the exact same as the previous shows at the weekend. There was also a few wooden picnic benches being setup close to the food stalls.

I couldn't see anything that looked like a special needs area, but there was still a bit of construction going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TomC2

This is where its at after Blur I reckon

qpntyh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Going to need the rain jackets by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

What's peoples current view of footwear?

Given that the majority of flooring has been removed and the heavy rain of late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Re: The Grand Social aftershow...

Who are Block Party? :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Given that the majority of flooring has been removed and the heavy rain of late!!

So its going to be on grass, with no plastic covering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Boots/Wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Why in the name of god would they remove the plastic flooring with heavy rain/flooding forecast for Wednesday/Thursday?

Ugh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It doesn't make sense. Would it be likely that they took the plastic off to let the grass breathe a bit and then they'll put it down again on the day??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Looks a beautiful arena the blur 21 picture gallery is poor the only good thing was the park life album cover

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Driving up from the midlands, does anyone know if it's possible to park anywhere nearby or am I better off parking at the Red Cow and getting the Luas in? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I reckon it's workman's or grand social afterwards. Screw paying 12e in anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

PaulieG wrote: »
    Driving up from the midlands, does anyone know if it's possible to park anywhere nearby or am I better off parking at the Red Cow and getting the Luas in? Thanks.

Better off parking at the red cow and getting the LUAS in I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It doesn't make sense. Would it be likely that they took the plastic off to let the grass breathe a bit and then they'll put it down again on the day??

That's what I thought, they're hardly going to remove the floor and allow the place to be turned into a swamp, are they?

Took another walk through just now. Looks like they're installing more toilets, and putting up a screen facing the food/drink area. Other than that, everything is the exact same as I said yesterday.

Plastic flooring is still only present in a (largish) sectioned off area up at the front of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

PaulieG wrote: »

There is an underground car park at the Hilton in Kilmainham, ten min walk to the entrance and literally across the road from one of the exits.

But im pretty sure its pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

gloobag wrote: »
    Took another walk through just now. Looks like they're installing more toilets, and putting up a screen facing the food/drink area. Other than that, everything is the exact same as I said yesterday.

Plastic flooring is still only present in a (largish) sectioned off area up at the front of the stage.

So the choice is get out early to be in the "pit", have something half decent under your feet and get rained on from 5 or 6. Or get in around 8, get rained on and be stuck in the muck. Either way it should be a really good night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The weather forecast doesn't sound too bad for tommorow evening, its saying rain during the day but its to clear in the evening, I could live with with that. A mate of mine has just realised that this is an outdoor gig :D

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    So the choice is get out early to be in the "pit", have something half decent under your feet and get rained on from 5 or 6. Or get in around 8, get rained on and be stuck in the muck. Either way it should be a really good night!

It's unlikely that they're not going to put plastic sheeting back down before the gig tbf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Is the stage in the same spot as the main stage has been for forbidden fruit, or is it somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Waiting on a guy from POD to ring me back about the flooring, I'll keep you updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭SteM

It's unlikely that they're not going to put plastic sheeting back down before the gig tbf!

I'm fairly sure that the sheeting only came up after the last gig because the grass beneath it would die if it was left on for so long. I'm 99% sure that it will be put back down before the Blur gig.

SteM wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that the sheeting only came up after the last gig because the grass beneath it would die if it was left on for so long. I'm 99% sure that it will be put back down before the Blur gig.

Afraid not, spoke to the guy in POD and there will only be sheeting down in the pit area. He said it's a tarmac walk into the concert site, and there are walkways to the food/drinks etc, so it shouldn't be too bad, but maybe avoid high heels/ sandals etc!

whitewave wrote: »
    He said it's a tarmac walk into the concert site, and there are walkways to the food/drinks etc, so it shouldn't be too bad, but maybe avoid high heels/ sandals etc!

That's not entirely true. There are tarmac walkways, but you still have to walk on grass to get to the actual stalls. A few of the stalls I saw are kinda close to the walkways I suppose, but most are not. All the picnic style benches are also situated in the grass.

gloobag wrote: »
    That's not entirely true. There are tarmac walkways, but you still have to walk on grass to get to the actual stalls. A few of the stalls I saw are kinda close to the walkways I suppose, but most are not. All the picnic style benches are also situated in the grass.

Well I think the overall message I got was that there'll be no flooring, and that while it shouldn't be a complete mudbath, there will still be several thousand people trampling around on wet grass, so prepare for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

whitewave wrote: »
    Well I think the overall message I got was that there'll be no flooring, and that while it shouldn't be a complete mudbath, there will still be several thousand people trampling around on wet grass, so prepare for that.

..so you're saying , socks with sandals?Just to be safe. I know its a fashion faux pas but desperate times etc etc

That's crazy that they're not going to have flooring down :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No one here happens to be travelling from Dublin to Galway after the gig that wants money in exchange for some sort of transport :( Found out I have to work on Friday and the Only bus after the gig is 7.05 am from Heuston :'(

EDIT: Or does anyone know roughly what length set to expect? Maybe I can get the midnight from Aston Quay.

Advertisement