Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Have a look at setlist.fm and you can see their recent setlists, maybe judge from that? I'd imagine they have to be done by half 10/11 curfew wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

whitewave wrote: »
    Have a look at setlist.fm and you can see their recent setlists, maybe judge from that? I'd imagine they have to be done by half 10/11 curfew wise?

Oh well if thats the case I'd be grand. I assume there'll be taxis in and around the venue? Its a 45 min walk to my bus stop and the last one goes at 23.45 I fear they'll play later and I'll miss This is a low :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Oh well if thats the case I'd be grand. I assume there'll be taxis in and around the venue? Its a 45 min walk to my bus stop and the last one goes at 23.45 I fear they'll play later and I'll miss This is a low :(

Or maybe you'll catch the start of it as you're walking away, adding an extra layer of poignancy to the song.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Or maybe you'll catch the start of it as you're walking away, adding an extra layer of poignancy to the song.

Not. Helping. Mark. -_- I actually have their set list from the Gig at Oxegen back in 09. This is a Low was the best live song I've evar seen and I WILL SEE IT AGAIN.
    Also Love the username. The Room isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

whitewave wrote: »
    Well I think the overall message I got was that there'll be no flooring, and that while it shouldn't be a complete mudbath, there will still be several thousand people trampling around on wet grass, so prepare for that.

Only in Ireland would event organisers remove plastic flooring that was already in place a couple of days before the gig when a weather warning for heavy rain gets issued... Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Curfew for tomorrow night as per the POD Public Information Press Release earlier today is 10.45pm so you should have no problems making the midnight bus!

Curfew for tomorrow night as per the POD Public Information Press Release earlier today is 10.45pm so you should have no problems making the midnight bus!

Thanks man. Great relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

OhHiMark wrote: »

Hahaha as the rain lashes down

gloobag wrote: »
    That's not entirely true. There are tarmac walkways, but you still have to walk on grass to get to the actual stalls. A few of the stalls I saw are kinda close to the walkways I suppose, but most are not. All the picnic style benches are also situated in the grass.

It's an outdoor gig they can't cover every inch of the grass, the weather is looking dodgy so dress accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

threein99 wrote: »
    It's an outdoor gig they can't cover every inch of the grass, the weather is looking dodgy so dress accordingly

what are you talking about? - they should cover every BLADE of grass!

They should also be walking beside each patron with an umbrella, or alternatively provide 2 people for each patron, thus allowing them to provide a 'kings chair' in and out of the performance area.

Why can't they just put up a roof over the whole place? Then they pour in tonnes of sand and pretend we are all on a beach.

Folks, its an outdoor gig, in a field. In Ireland. You might get wet/dirty.

Jaysus...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

So its not even in that courtyard pictured in the poster eh

fcuk that man; sodden turf is rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads Any stage times??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

what are you talking about? - they should cover every BLADE of grass!

They should also be walking beside each patron with an umbrella, or alternatively provide 2 people for each patron, thus allowing them to provide a 'kings chair' in and out of the performance area.

Why can't they just put up a roof over the whole place? Then they pour in tonnes of sand and pretend we are all on a beach.

Folks, its an outdoor gig, in a field. In Ireland. You might get wet/dirty.

Jaysus...

If they can cover the whole of the pitch in Croke Park/Lansdowne Road, etc., etc. for gigs, why not this, especially as they already had it covered less than a week ago for a similar event. It's not exactly "a field in Ireland", either.....

but1er wrote: »
    Lads Any stage times??

5.45pm The Strypes

7.15pm Bat For Lashes

9pm Blur

According to Hot Press.....

That's crazy that they're not going to have flooring down :(

+1, utter stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

So its not even in that courtyard pictured in the poster eh

fcuk that man; sodden turf is rubbish!

They never hold music gigs in the courtyard. It's always out the back.

The courtyard is tiny.

Also..... it's looking stormy for tomorrow people - http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0731/465720-tornado-warning/

If only there was some sort of footwear that you could buy to combat the potential muddy conditions. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

blastman wrote: »
    5.45pm The Strypes

7.15pm Bat For Lashes

9pm Blur

According to Hot Press.....[/QUOTE

maybe your going to get whole sets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Brian Chris

blastman wrote: »
    +1, utter stupidity.

It was covered for a fully seated show. Croker & Lands are covered as what's underneath costs a fortune to repair after 30/40 people walk/poke holes in it. Its an outdoor show, dress accordingly and wear appropriate footwear.

From POD Facebook -

PUBLIC INFORMATION- Blur – 1st August 2013 at IMMA - Irish Museum of Modern Art, Royal Hospital Kilmainham

Schedule:

Gates 4pm

17:45 – The Strypes
    19:15 – Bat For Lashes
    21:00 – Blur
    22.45 - Curfew

Note that admission is strictly by full ticket only. Please have your ticket available for inspection at main entrance to the venue.

The concert takes place outdoors on the grounds (grass lawns) of the Irish Museum of Modern Art at the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham. Attendees should dress sensibly for all weather and are advised to bring weatherproof clothing as well as sun cream.

Access to the concert venue is through the East Gate via Military Road only.

Note there is no parking at the venue. Concert goers are advised to take public transport. Luas: Red Line to Hueston Station ,10 min walk via Military Road. Or Buses: No 68 or 79 from Aston Quay.

Disabled Access/Facilities - Vehicles with a disability badge will be permitted to approach the concerts via Military Road or Bow Lane where they will be directed to the East Gate and from there to the Disabled Car Park. Accessible Sanitary facilities will be provided.

Note that catering facilities are available

Please note there are no ATM’s in the venue

Note that bar facilities are available; photo ID may be requested for sale of alcohol.

A First Aid Tent will be situated at the event for any medical attention needed, a steward will assist you in locating it if required.

Notify a steward, member of the Garda or official if you see any anti-social behaviour. Ask for help if you need it and help others.

Note that patrons may be searched on entry in a manner permissible by law.

If patrons leave the venue they cannot be re-admitted.

Note that alcohol should be consumed in moderation.

Note that Official Merchandise will be on sale within the venue

It is not permissible to bring bottles, cans, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, umbrellas, weapons of any sort or projectiles. Anything that may be considered offensive will be removed from the person on arrival.

Pets are not permitted into the concert venue – except for Guide Dogs

It is not permissible to bring cameras or recording equipment into the concert

Please respect the privacy and property of residents of the Irish Museum of Modern Art and those in the vicinity of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham when accessing and leaving the venue.

We hope you enjoy the concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If only there was some sort of footwear that you could buy to combat the potential muddy conditions. . . .
    Now this is extreme but that's sort of like hearing there will be no toilets at the venue when there were other years, and then commenting "if only there were some sort of device you could wear to overcome this", meaning adult diapers or catheters like you mean wellies.

Many people will be going straight from work and have a long distance to walk, and want to be in pubs/restaurants before and/or after. Wearing/bringing wellies is quite an inconvenience. Many would not have them and have to go out of their way to get them & have the added expense, they can be hard to find too.

It would be hard to put a figure on it but they will obviously lose future customers if this is a muddy washout, while the expense of flooring might be offset by attracting them back and have people commenting to friends about the decent flooring. I certainly value the decent flooring I have seen there in the past, loads were commenting on how good it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

They never hold music gigs in the courtyard. It's always out the back.

The courtyard is

I was only considering having seen the ad in the paper but wouldn't fancy hearing woo-hoo anywhere, was hoping a finely honed set to suit the environment pictured! Never been in the courtyard; pity it is that small.

Enjoy anyhow

rubadub wrote: »
    Now this is extreme but that's sort of like hearing there will be no toilets at the venue when there were other years, and then commenting "if only there were some sort of device you could wear to overcome this", meaning adult diapers or catheters like you mean wellies.

Many people will be going straight from work and have a long distance to walk, and want to be in pubs/restaurants before and/or after. Wearing/bringing wellies is quite an inconvenience. Many would not have them and have to go out of their way to get them & have the added expense, they can be hard to find too.

It would be hard to put a figure on it but they will obviously lose future customers if this is a muddy washout, while the expense of flooring might be offset by attracting them back and have people commenting to friends about the decent flooring. I certainly value the decent flooring I have seen there in the past, loads were commenting on how good it was.

Put wellies/boots in a backpack perhaps?

You don't have to bring wellies, bring trainers that you dont mind if they get wrecked, or bring decent boots,it's not a big job to bring them in a bag whether coming from work or not, this is Ireland we live in, it rains a lot, deal with it.

Common sense here

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Still more hassle. I usually do have a backpack at gigs, and don't like the hassle of having it on me. If I can leave it behind I do.
    You don't have to bring wellies, bring trainers that you dont mind if they get wrecked
    I spotted runners I had that I wore to slane in my back garden from years ago. They were old crappy ones, which were uncomfortable to walk the long distance in. They were totally embedded with muck and I was refused entry to 2 pubs after getting back to the city centre.
    this is Ireland we live in, it rains a lot, deal with it.
    +1, it does rain a lot, they should deal with it -like in the past, and put flooring down.
    Common sense here
    Common sense would be leaving the flooring down that people are saying was already down.

Still more hassle. I usually do have a backpack at gigs, and don't like the hassle of having it on me. If I can leave it behind I do.

I spotted runners I had that I wore to slane in my back garden from years ago. They were old crappy ones, which were uncomfortable to walk the long distance in. They were totally embedded with muck and I was refused entry to 2 pubs after getting back to the city centre.

Keep decent ones in a back pack if you are that worried about getting into pubs after, none of the problems you are coming up are impossible ones, the only gigs I have been to with the flooring down completely was in Croke Park and the old Landsdowne Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

No one here happens to be travelling from Dublin to Galway after the gig that wants money in exchange for some sort of transport :( Found out I have to work on Friday and the Only bus after the gig is 7.05 am from Heuston :'(

EDIT: Or does anyone know roughly what length set to expect? Maybe I can get the midnight from Aston Quay.

Hi

Go Bus have a bus that leaves Dublin Airport airport at 23.45 and they run a bus to Galway that picks up at George's Quay Dublin at 12.15 for Galway, if you were to miss the City Link bus from Aston Quay at 23.45.

On the Go Bus website they have a separate section for Dublin Airport to Galway and Dublin City to Galway.

http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=1

I don't know if this is two separate bus services, or the same bus that starts at Dublin Airport and then picks up at George's Quay?

The Go Bus site states that "Our pick up point is at George's Quay (outside the Ulster Bank Headquarters)",

http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=1

http://www.gobus.ie/dp.php?c=pick-up-points&t=dublin-city-to-from-galway&id=19

Citylink have a bus that leaves from Dublin Airport at 12.15am to Galway, so if you were to get that, taxis from Dublin city centre to the airport are around 20 euros, I think.

http://citylink.ie/images/citylink-dublin-express-timetable-for-web.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hoping for lots of Think Tank but doesn't look they've done much live from that album recently...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Also, not sure if someone has posted one yet but I put together the likely setlist and made a spotify playlist.

All live versions:

http://open.spotify.com/user/quarrymanpaul/playlist/4hu0ow8OC8YAiMkWafQUVA

Advertisement