Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Happy Blur day! Can't wait :D

quarryman cheers for the playlist, I've been listening to it all morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

The day of reckoning has arrived.

Now where is this tornado??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Roll on tonight:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Hi

Anyone know the running times for tonight? The ticket says gates open at 4pm

I'd like to see Bat For Lashes if I can so am wondering what time to get there at

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Laneyh wrote: »
    Hi

I'd like to see Bat For Lashes if I can so am wondering what time to get there at

Cheers

Gates 4pm

17:45 – The Strypes
    19:15 – Bat For Lashes
    21:00 – Blur
    22.45 - Curfew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

22.45 - Curfew.

This seems a little short...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Laneyh wrote: »
    Hi

Cheers

Lazy! Its all on the previous page. :D

Gates 4pm

22.45 - Curfew

This seems a little short...

Pretty standard set for most bands I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

The Nal wrote: »
    Lazy! Its all on the previous page. :D

Gates 4pm

22.45 - Curfew

Sorry. I'm in work and didn't read the previous pages

Thanks for repeating the info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Bring on the Blurnado! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Weather for this afternoon could be a bit dodgy, but hopefully it eases off by late evening to allow for rain free Blur!
    I can't imagine many making their way in before 8:30 though. Not a great support line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

If somebody gets there early could they post an update on how the ground is holding up? ie, whether or not wellies are required

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

robk84 wrote: »
    If somebody gets there early could they post an update on how the ground is holding up? ie, whether or not willies are required

All males are required to bring their willies.

On a seperate note, we may get away with heavy rain today, hopefully it's dried up a bit this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

On a seperate note, we may get away with heavy rain today, hopefully it's dried up a bit this morning.

*wellies! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Its looking like we might get away with it the worst of it, its supose to ease off as the evening progresses. What's the weather like in Dublin at the minute ?

threein99 wrote: »
    Its looking like we might get away with it the worst of it, its supose to ease off as the evening progresses. What's the weather like in Dublin at the minute ?

I'm in the south city and it's been very grey all morning, but no rain. It seems to be brightening up a bit, although my friend is working in Phibsboro (northside) and they just had really heavy rain there. It's very humid, feels like a storm is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Does anyone even have an inkling what time the pit passes will be gone by. I cant make it there till 4.45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Does anyone even have an inkling what time the pit passes will be gone by. I cant make it there till 4.45.

I'd imagine they'll be gone by then although if the weather turns nasty you might be in luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fine. Spitting a tiny bit but nothing you'd even need a raincoat for.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Very humid but dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nameuser007

Hi there folks travelling to and from Galway!

Be aware that Gobus is having issues with their payments being processed. The transactions are going through but you will be presented with an "error 501" message. Please call the offices on 091 -564600 if you are not sure. They can let you know if your transaction was successful, printed confirmation orders can be left with bus drivers , or can be emailed to you directly.

Just a heads up!

Going to be an awesome gig!
    Have a good one all that are going!

The Nal wrote: »
    Fine. Spitting a tiny bit but nothing you'd even need a raincoat for.

I have a light hoody, a heavier hoody and a full on rain jacket, I'm bringing 1 of the 3, the light hoody is the favourite to go at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

rubadub wrote: »
    Now this is extreme but that's sort of like hearing there will be no toilets at the venue when there were other years, and then commenting "if only there were some sort of device you could wear to overcome this", meaning adult diapers or catheters like you mean wellies.

Many people will be going straight from work and have a long distance to walk, and want to be in pubs/restaurants before and/or after. Wearing/bringing wellies is quite an inconvenience. Many would not have them and have to go out of their way to get them & have the added expense, they can be hard to find too.

It would be hard to put a figure on it but they will obviously lose future customers if this is a muddy washout, while the expense of flooring might be offset by attracting them back and have people commenting to friends about the decent flooring. I certainly value the decent flooring I have seen there in the past, loads were commenting on how good it was.

I say again...jaysus.

good luck if you ever need to rough it backpacking or whatever. Put boots/shoes/wellies/butler in a bag, put on back, walk. Change if necessary.

If you're determined to complain about the gig before even getting there...its probably not going to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

drying up and brightening up nicely...but...be prepared. Its common sense.

Very warm still so all you need is your lightest rain jacket / hard shell should the heavens open. Even if it rains the ground won't be too bad, you could easily risk it with a robust pair of trainers/shoes that you don't mind getting grubby. We have washing machines nowadays for that. Hiking boots are ideal. If you don't have a pair, buy one. You will use them again and again.

Enjoy the concert!

Getting pissed on by rain at a great concert can be a funnily fantastic experience too by way - some people will know what I mean.

Can't wait.

Very warm still so all you need is your lightest rain jacket / hard shell should the heavens open. Even if it rains the ground won't be too bad, you could easily risk it with a robust pair of trainers/shoes that you don't mind getting grubby. We have washing machines nowadays for that. Hiking boots are ideal. If you don't have a pair, buy one. You will use them again and again.

Enjoy the concert!

Getting pissed on by rain at a great concert can be a funnily fantastic experience too by way - some people will know what I mean.

Can't wait.

I agree with that last bit, massive attack at electric picnic 3 years ago was in horrible weather but an amazing gig

I have my gaudy cheap poncho bought from Penneys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Check the rainfall radar if you want to see what has been happening during the day. The heaviest stuff has been giving Dublin the skip so it is a lot better than it could have been. Still the odd patch getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Looking at raintoday.co.uk and the met eireann site, seems like Dublin will be alright later.

Could even be sunny at times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Enjoy the concert!

Can't wait.

Thanks for your condescension .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Weather for this afternoon could be a bit dodgy, but hopefully it eases off by late evening to allow for rain free Blur!
    I can't imagine many making their way in before 8:30 though. Not a great support line up.

That is crazy talk! BFL is amazing, and even better live. Go in, be there for her set at least!!

Advertisement