Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first L

• 03-03-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

After 2 years of hiking around with the staged illusion of my black Labrador (Honey) with a red collar, I finally decided to move on from the old 18-135 kit lens that came s/h with my s/h 60D. So I have taken the plunge and bought a s/h Canon EF 24-105mm. I was torn between this and the 24-70 but for sheer range, and "everydayness", I opted for the longer lens. It's left me broke for the month and next pay day aint til 25th. I hope to have it through the letter box Thursday or Friday. This photo lark is not cheap. Tell me I did the right thing? Make the pain and fear go away .... please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

You made the right choice :) , but saying that I do love my 24-70. Out of interest where did you buy it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Don't worry, you won't be disappointed, it's a great lens ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭dnme

You made the right choice :) , but saying that I do love my 24-70. Out of interest where did you buy it from?

Got it from adverts flyingsnail

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

dnme wrote: »
    After 2 years of hiking around with the staged illusion of my black Labrador (Honey) with a red collar, I finally decided to move on from the old 18-135 kit lens that came s/h with my s/h 60D. So I have taken the plunge and bought a s/h Canon EF 24-105mm. I was torn between this and the 24-70 but for sheer range, and "everydayness", I opted for the longer lens. It's left me broke for the month and next pay day aint til 25th. I hope to have it through the letter box Thursday or Friday. This photo lark is not cheap. Tell me I did the right thing? Make the pain and fear go away .... please :)

Great lens, I used that and a 50mm F1.8 (Nifty Fifty) on a 3 week holiday in Thailand and I want left wanting at any stage and I took thousands of images!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Tell me I did the right thing? Make the pain and fear go away .... please :)

Of course of course, it will elevate your formerly mundane and cliched photography to dizzying heights of originality and beautifosity and ,eh, sharpness !
    I jest I jest. I'm sure it's a worthwhile purchase and you'll get great use out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

it's a grand lens! i use it on FF and crop. love it! couldn't do without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

As soon as it gets dark, you'll wish you had of got the 24-70 :D

As soon as it gets dark, you'll wish you had of got the 24-70 :D

Not when I have the little beauty on my tripod, and even on the rare occasion when I do handhold, I have no probs with a bit of ISO noise these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ImagenEstilo

Not when I have the little beauty on my tripod, and even on the rare occasion when I do handhold, I have no probs with a bit of ISO noise these days.

And sure there is always Noise Ninja or Neat Image to sort that ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Mother of god yes, you'll notice the difference between sharpness among other things. Great lens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭softy2012

Fantastic lens, you wont be dissapointed .

enjoy - also remember lens dont depreciate as much as bodies, so think of it as an investment ;)

This is Honey, a sidekick and photographers nightmare cos she keeps getting in the shot. Mind you, I keep bringing her off taking pictures so I guess I may be to blame.

I remember the day I got her as a 6 month old rescue, when I saw that collar, the first thing I thought of was a Canon L lens. :) That's a few years back now, Honey's a little older and the L ring has long since been grown out of. She still goes everywhere with me and ruins loads of otherwise beautiful landscapes but I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Seller just messaged me to say the lens is in the post. Sorry Honey, you're gonna have to take a back seat this weekend.

243659.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

poor honey :p move over, there is a new puppy in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

what a doll! she's gorgeous :)
    the red collar is cute.. she's an L dog

Advertisement