Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tani Sushi

Options
  • 03-03-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Just spotted there is a new sushi restaurant in Terenure. Has anyone been yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Haven't been yet but I plan to sometime before it inevitably closes due to lack of business. Its not a great place to open a sushi restaurant, that whole stretch of street from Vaughans down to the chipper seems to have a fairly high turnover of cafes and likes that only last a year or two. They should look into running a deal of some sort like the new Persian place Anar around the corner is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Also watch out for the soft shell crab roll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Got takeaway from there a few weeks ago - very impressed. Really fresh tasting - and friendly, efficient service. Will definitely visit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lt. Palumbo

Unbelievably good. Second time ordering from there, chef plate no. 2. I'm only on this page because I'm googling them to find out more. The salmon has the most buttery, amazing texture. I don't say WTF, but seroiusly........WTF....so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Had lunch there today - it was really excellent. The dengaku starter (tofu, aubergine & mushrooms with a miso sauce) was delicious. I also had the soft shell crab roll, also lovely. Very charming waitress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Plan to go there soon as its close by, but I think they could have done a bit more with the decor as it doesn't look the most inviting to sit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Have gotten some take away from there. I absolutely love it however the cost of Sushi is something I cant do anymore :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Have eaten out of it a couple of times now. The food is really, really good, but expensive. They've changed the menu too, I preferred the old one :(

I hope they do well.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I've had take away from here a few times and it's very good...but expensive...recommend big maki combo and kani roll.

Ordered take away before and the starters were not enjoyable at all. Won't be going back there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement