Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Beauty Show 2013

• 03-03-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody went to the RDS today and if they recommend? Is it worth a visit in the morning? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Depends, if you have a list of things you need then there are good discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Did you go? I found it so busy. Not too much of what I wanted & the few stands I wanted to get to were so packed. I didn't have long. Next time I'll stock up on wax & opi

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I went and I really liked it! I bought 7 bottles of nail polish-OPI,Essie and CND....I have a problem.

Also got a blusher palette. It was mad busy and I wouldn't rate it if id paid for tickets but the discounts were good. Eg Essie for €5.50

I'll go again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought 4 polishes and a nail file in leopard print. I believe the polishes were really keenly priced. Considering the ticket was free and a nice man gave me his parking ticket as he left and I entered (returned the favour as I left), and I had nothing to do that day anyway, I think it was worthwhile. A lot of stuff on the stands can be bought online but it was nice to see it in person.

A lot of stuff didn't really interest me though as I do not work in the trade and go to salons for wax, tan, shellac etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

aww i didnt see the opi or the essie stand :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Yeah I went Monday and I got loads- I got 11 bottles of OPI, shatter was €3, polish was €6 incl most recent collections, I got a nail envy for €11 and a top coat and base coat full size duo for €6. They also threw in a calendar for good measure.

I got 6 bottles of China Glaze (€4 each), 2 Jessica (€10), 3 Essie VAT free so about €4.50 and a bottle of Orly polish too for €6.

I picked up a ton of brushes from Crown, Royal and Blank Canvas Cosmetics, and false eyelashes from Ardell which were 3 for 2.

I got sleep in rollers with free hairnet and dvd and a new Bouncy Brush which I am loving thus far.

Also got a Uniq 1 treatment for my hair and a full set of Head Hogs brushes for blowdrying my hair, a bottle of perfume, nail files, and four bottles of my new fave tan Cocoa Brown for €20- saving of €12 and bottle lasts me a good month applying to upper body once/twice a week.

I would definitely go again next year, I am not in the trade but it was a great event, free ticket and free parking and discounts definitely make it worth it! Will go again next year!

Advertisement