Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikers vs Bikers

Options
  • 03-03-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Tayto Bikers and Bikers or are they one and the same? I normally buy bikers form a shop and the owner says they are being discontinued.

The ones I buy look exactly like the Tayto ones only for it doesn't have the Tayto logo on it. The address on the back is Trisum Snack which leads to the Tayto website.

IMG_20130303_201719_zps6dbd0210.jpg
    tayto-snacks-bikerspicy-lg.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Bought over perhaps.

I have noticed though the Tayto Bikers aren't as nice as the original ones, the texture is a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The bottom picture tayto logo is the northern ireland tayto company. The tayto here cannot legally sell into the UK because of having the same name.

So presumably the NI tayto cannot sell them down here, so have set up a company with a different name.

Similar to bulmers ireland calling it magners abroad since there is a bulmers company in the UK. Same with batchelors (UK) supernoodles who have to call them mcdonnells supernoodles here

Advertisement