Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Dawson - Our Captain

Options
  • 03-03-2013 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Kaboul will be back soon,

That's Kaboul, Dawson, Jan, Caulker as 4 CBs

I might be alone here, and it might be due to a few too many beers but I'd honestly pick Dawson first, hes the hardest working and he ****ing loves spurs.... Been a while since we've seen someone who throws themselves on front of anything&everything, today he looked like a man who loved his team and the way he ran up to Clattenburg after that tackle you could see he lives the club... No matter who has has the most talent I think he deserves to be first starter out of the 4

As I said I'm probably alone thinking this but thought I'd let you know

Long may Daws continue captain he deserves it, the club decided to sell him and he said he'd prefer to stay and fight for his place and **** me he has!

COYS

P.S. . . Champions league nights next year!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree. I was one of those who wouldn't have been too disappointed to see him go last summer, but now I'm really glad he's still here. Himself and Jan are a really good combination and I think he should definitely stay on as captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Guys, we have so many captains. Dawson, Benny, Parker, Bale, even Lennon. If Kaboul came back tomorrow he would be in there too. We are really fitting together as a group

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He's having a good 2013 but let's not get carried away.

I thought after the second half of last season he was gone by his sell by date and it was time to move on but the past few months he's been important to our unbeaten run. However he isn't in my opinion our best centre half and for me is third choice behind last seasons Kaboul & Vertonghen. Then 4th choice once Caulker has had some more matches behind him.

His passion for the club and commitment is unreal but his ability just isn't quite there and I'd be worried that he would dip out of form as quick as he's come into form.

For me isn't club captain next season. However my opinion has changed over the past few weeks compared to the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted he didn't leave us last summer,even more delighted he's proving everyone wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Guys, we have so many captains. Dawson, Benny, Parker, Bale, even Lennon. If Kaboul came back tomorrow he would be in there too. We are really fitting together as a group

Bale and lennon will never be captain or captain material, why you mentioned benny is beyond me... Not starting an argument but he doesn't give a **** about football let alone spurs

Ability wise or not Dawson deserves the captain spot, jan should get it in 3 years but genuinely think daws deserves it, only played over the past 5 or so years ahead of Dawson is the king... In my opinion anyway!

Actually PAV should be our captain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I was gutted when Dawson was shown the door, I don’t buy into the argument of who’s better, but I do know this - when called upon he gives a 100% and doesn’t get into a strop when on the bench, money doesn't motivate him but playing the game does. It’s a rarity in football nowadays, for me he is the captain and born to lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He has a real passion for Spurs as well though which is great to see I'm just delighted he gets overlooked for England always comes back crocked after playing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I disagree. Ever since he got mentioned in the Christmas episode of 'Gavin And Stacey' the fame has gone to his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Did you see Dawson in the prematch huddle, he was getting everybody up for the game, getting in their face, patting them on the back, born leader!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Love the guy, a real leader and bloody nice guy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Daws and Vertonghen are the men in posession so its up to Kaboul to force his way back into the team when he's fit. Always loved Daws as someone posted on another he's a latter day Gary Mabbutt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Yeh I'm glad AVB went with Dawson for the game as I was on the fence about Caulker being more suited to the job.

Games like these do suit Dawson as he does know what's required. He has really impressed me in 2013 and as I said has shown form I didn't know was left in him..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Love this guy a great example to have always gives 100% & has no worries throwing himself into battle.

Met him briefly (sound & genuine) when St Pats hosted Spurs in friendly & keano scored the only goal..

Even then I knew he was the right man for a huge spurs future..

Its a shame andy reid didnt work out as well as Daswson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Daws and Vertonghen are the men in posession so its up to Kaboul to force his way back into the team when he's fit. Always loved Daws as someone posted on another he's a latter day Gary Mabbutt :D

Except he's not ****e. :D Only joking. Mabbutt is a legend and looked oddly like my next door neighbor when I was a kid, who just so happened to support Spurs and is part of the reason I ended up supporting them too.

Advertisement