Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bike Suggestions

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

dceire wrote: »
    The guy selling it now took it as part ex for a bike he was selling last week. He had no intention of keeping the SV so never changed ownership into his name. He gave me the number of the previous owner who I spoke to, at great length about the bike. A little googling of their names and numbers etc corroborated their story about the bike that the SV was part exchanged for. Also, I'm 99% sure that the bike was imported from the UK by the previous owner which would explain it having no previous owners on the Irish log book, correct? The restriction done on the bike appears to have been done in the UK.

You have to pay for the info regarding imports etc don't you? The free check will only tell you the make and model etc.

the free check will tell you if the bike is imported. once again insert the plate details press enter and msg will apear - like this vehicle was imported from UK... its freee - it will not give you any further details but you can find out the country where it came from and if its imported. maybe its a one owner bike form new. --> but tha\t you can determine from logbook.

--> date registered in ireland - if its the eayr of the bike - its gonna be most likely irish bike - no import - you can find it in logbook.

i bought 2001 bike before and it had only 1 owner form new. irish bike, so what i am trying to say its that it can easy be one owenr from new i dont see any problem with that. but use the motorcheck to find out.

tell me how the restriction done apear to be done in UK ? how did you find out thisone?

knowing history of the bike is great but instead of focusing on nonsence get someone who understand bikes to go with you on the day when you gonna hand over your money. I woudlnt mind having bike from any country if the engine will be mint. but for that job mechanic or garage will be needed. as you may never know what is behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Bikerguy wrote: »
    the free check will tell you if the bike is imported. once again insert the plate details press enter and msg will apear - like this vehicle was imported from UK... its freee - it will not give you any further details but you can find out the country where it came from and if its imported. maybe its a one owner bike form new. --> but tha\t you can determine from logbook.

--> date registered in ireland - if its the eayr of the bike - its gonna be most likely irish bike - no import - you can find it in logbook.

i bought 2001 bike before and it had only 1 owner form new. irish bike, so what i am trying to say its that it can easy be one owenr from new i dont see any problem with that. but use the motorcheck to find out.

tell me how the restriction done apear to be done in UK ? how did you find out thisone?

knowing history of the bike is great but instead of focusing on nonsence get someone who understand bikes to go with you on the day when you gonna hand over your money. I woudlnt mind having bike from any country if the engine will be mint. but for that job mechanic or garage will be needed. as you may never know what is behind.

To be honest I've no problem at all with the bike being an import and I really should have checked the logbook over more thoroughly but no money has changed hands as of yet so I can do so before finalising the deal.

The restriction cert appeared to say that the restriction meets UK standards, it was a fairly formulaic cert so I didn't pay much heed to it at the time. Again, I'll have to check the location of the garage on the cert. I know I should really have checked these things earlier when I was out at the bike but I guess I was a bit lax because I knew no money was changing hands today and I really just wanted to see the bike. I will check and double check this stuff when I head back out and before any money has changed hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Did you check when it was imported on the log book? If it was only recently imported and then moved on so quickly I would be hesitant.

Did you get any sort of feeling it may have been previously crashed, any sign of that? If you are going to spend €2k+ on a bike, no harm spending the €30 odd quid on a motorcheck/cartell to see what history it has from the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

When I was buying my current bike from the dealers I went ahead and checked for all the finance etc...its a must. As was said its not hassle at this stage because no money has changed hands.

HOWEVER...

If you give 2K on a bike that was crashed and repaired (badly) you will not get a penny back and the bike will be scrapped or the log serial numbers dont match up across the frame etc.

Vikings wrote: »
    Did you check when it was imported on the log book? If it was only recently imported and then moved on so quickly I would be hesitant.

Did you get any sort of feeling it may have been previously crashed, any sign of that? If you are going to spend €2k+ on a bike, no harm spending the €30 odd quid on a motorcheck/cartell to see what history it has from the UK

As I said above, I didn't really have a detailed look at the log book as I knew that I wasn't going to buy the bike on the day and no cash would change hands. I will do when I go back out. The bike seems to have been imported 5 years ago and the guy who's selling it now took it as part ex for his race bike that he sold last week. No sign that the bike has been as much as dropped, it's pretty mint in fairness.

Might still go ahead and pay the few quid for a history check.

• Advertisement

Just got a history check done on motorcheck and it all checks out. Imported from the UK in 2009 but nothing to worry about came out on the report. Looks like I'll finially have my new wheels come the end of the week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Nice one. I just bought a fairly mint fazer 600 and there's no better feeling than getting a decent bike for good money.

Vikings wrote: »
    Nice one. I just bought a fairly mint fazer 600 and there's no better feeling than getting a decent bike for good money.

I've been on DoneDeal every single day for almost 3 months now waiting to get something good for decent money :P

Hope you get miles of smiles m8, I can still remember the feeling when I got my 1st big bike nearly 2 yrs ago......it was UNREAL!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hope you get miles or smiles m8, I can still remember the feeling when I got my 1st big bike nearly 2 yrs ago......it was UNREAL!

I had a mint CBF500 up until last September which was my first big bike; and a great one at that. Still, just taking the SV for a spin gave me a great deal of joy and made me remember what I've been missing. :D

• Advertisement

I had a mint CBF500 up until last September which was my first big bike; and a great one at that. Still, just taking the SV for a spin gave me a great deal of joy and made me remember what I've been missing. :D

I am
    110% positive that u will like the sv big time.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I am
    110% positive that u will like the sv big time.

Can't wait to pick it up now, hope to get out to Wicklow etc on it very soon; and hopefully join up with those boardsie spins I keep reading about :D

Can't wait to pick it up now, hope to get out to Wicklow etc on it very soon; and hopefully join up with those boardsie spins I keep reading about :D

More then welcome m8 more then welcome. Lash up a few pics of the beast when you get it.

Sorted out the insurance and rode her home from Skerries this evening; in the rain :(

Not a great pic but it'll have to do until I get some in the, hopefully, good weather over the weekend.

DSC_0202.jpg

Sorted out the insurance and rode her home from Skerries this evening; in the rain :(

Not a great pic but it'll have to do until I get some in the, hopefully, good weather over the weekend.

DSC_0202.jpg

lovely yoke, i just came from balbriggan --> omg, the weather... you could go on boat actualy.. :) and some **** on the road... i better dont start again.

GL and i shall see you some day.

Took it out for a good propper drive today in the good weather. Went down to the folks place in Kildare and out as far as Offaly. It's so nice to ride and the Viper can sounds awesome. I love it, I think it has 20hp more than my CBF500 and I can tell :D

DSC_0204.jpgDSC_0209.jpgDSC_0210.jpg

about hp its like 47 against 75 or something. in another words you cant compare. btw nice, nice anmd one more time nice.

Advertisement