Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron DVD Drive Stopped Working

Options
  • 03-03-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks, need your help on an issue. I'm having problems with my DELL Inspiron 1501. The DVD drive has just stopped working! When I put in a CD/DVD I cannot view the contents using windows explorer. However, I can right click on the drive through windows explorer, select eject and the DVD drive will eject. I've googled and googled and googled but no resolution. I've tried updating drivers. I even saw an article that was prompting to clear the upper and lower filters using the registry but this was not applicable to me as the upper and lower filter key did not exist for the class id in question.

Any ideas before I go ahead and replace the drive? Thanks. Kentap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Got any bootable CD handy (your Windows installation disk maybe)? Just to see if the laptop is still booting from CD. If it does, it's likely a software/driver problem. If it doesn't, it might be in need of some lens cleaning or it has given up the ghost.

Advertisement