Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Junior Heffernan

Options
  • 03-03-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Just heard the sad and tragic news that former Irish Junior Triathlete, 23 year old Junior Heffernan was tragically killed in Bike Road race today,

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/rider-killed-in-collision-with-car-in-british-race-36615/,

Junior was a very promising young Triathlete who race for Ireland, before turning to bike racing a few years ago, he raced a few times in Ireland under the Carrick on Suir Tri club as that is where his Father comes from

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and to say he was a pure gent is an understatement,

RIP Junior (The Heff) Heffernan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

OMG that one is too close to home. I can't believe it, such a promising young guy and a great young guy too. I'm shocked. His poor family, my heart goes out to them. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Two in two weeks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I am in shock, just cant think of what to say,
    Every day we go out training we take our lives into our hand, we all have our "close ones" but we never think our our families think we will not be home again,

Its all fine having the crack on Board's, and out there on race day but this news and also another bike rider in the North Paralysed yesterday should make us all think before we go out about our own safety.

Yes train, Train hard but most of all Train safe and Race safe.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/rider-left-paralysed-after-crashes-force-cancellation-of-magherafelt-gp/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

This is so tragic.

It's happening all too often lately. God help his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

this is simply tragic, thoughts and prayers to his friends and family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Very sad! RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Read some comments on what happened....
    @Steviel84 on twitter had some comments worth reading.

I think it was Juniors dad who built a one lane 50m pool in his back garden so Junior could train for swimming whenever he wanted.

Poor family

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Absolute awful news! RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jesus that's tragic. Condolences to his family, friends and teammates.

Advertisement