Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paso 2 Irish Prison Service

Options
  • 03-03-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hasanyone here applied for these new jobs in the prison service ?and have they received their results yet ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dubhlinn1972

Anyone who applies for this job is f*cking insane. Run away.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SWIMMER

Hi there, may take this position up. Can you give advice? thanks

Hi, any advice?

Please advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Anyone who applies for this job is f*cking insane. Run away.

That is all.
    why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I have heard that there was interviews for them but a lot turned the job down when they realised that they wont have flexi time, and are quite restricted ie no mobile phone use etc. So while it suits some people obviously its not for everyone. Also with you will be working a 39 hour shift with an hour of overtime free now with the new agreement. A big change from an office based situation.
    I think there are still vacancies as the positions werent filled in some places but its only open to existing civil/public servants. I cant advise as to what the actual jobs are like on the ground but some posters here that are Prison Officers have said that the new recruits get quite a shock with the change to a formal Prison system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

I have heard that there was interviews for them but a lot turned the job down when they realised that they wont have flexi time, and are quite restricted ie no mobile phone use etc. So while it suits some people obviously its not for everyone. Also with you will be working a 39 hour shift with an hour of overtime free now with the new agreement. A big change from an office based situation.
    I think there are still vacancies as the positions werent filled in some places but its only open to existing civil/public servants. I cant advise as to what the actual jobs are like on the ground but some posters here that are Prison Officers have said that the new recruits get quite a shock with the change to a formal Prison system.

You have posted a few negatives here.
    I'll counter with the following positives :-

ehh, You get a free uniform.:pac:

2 years on and I'm really enjoying it. Yes and the free uniform is great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Heard a couple of rumours early on the year that the prison service would be recruiting sometime this year? But nothing seems to be stiring at all. Anybody know differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Bro81 wrote: »
    Heard a couple of rumours early on the year that the prison service would be recruiting sometime this year? But nothing seems to be stiring at all. Anybody know differently?

Internal comp to fill Paso 2 vacancies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

wexfjord wrote: »
    Internal comp to fill Paso 2 vacancies.

Sorry should have been more specific I meant general recruitment for actual PO's

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Could be very soon. Plans in place for college to be ready for September intake of recruits, first group will probably be Paso 3 who originated from previous recruit panel in 2008.

Advertisement