Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

agm m4 ris

• 03-03-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hi all, if i put a ris rail on my gun, where will the batteries go? Probably a stupid question but im new so

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

matty1994 wrote: »
    Hi all, if i put a ris rail on my gun, where will the batteries go? Probably a stupid question but im new so

You'd have to re-wire you'r AEG to the back. To do that, new set of wires (Back wires) and stock to accommodate a battery, e.g. Full/Fixed stock or a SOPMOD/Crane stock.

Or you could go LiPo.

Edit: You could also get a PEQ box and attack it to the front, but you may need to buy a battery that will fit in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

You'd have to re-wire you'r AEG to the back. To do that, new set of wires (Back wires) and stock to accommodate a battery, e.g. Full/Fixed stock or a SOPMOD/Crane stock.

Or you could go LiPo.
    What would lipo do? And would it cost much to get the stock and wires?

What would lipo do? And would it cost much to get the stock and wires?

I haven't got much info on LiPo's. I know that LiPo batteries much more compact than NiMH, but more dangerous (Flamable). If you have the right battery charger, you should be ok.

Stock and wire would cost a bit to get.

P.S. Edited my first post.

I haven't got much info on LiPo's. I know that LiPo batteries much more compact than NiMH, but more dangerous (Flamable). If you have that right battery, you should be ok.

Ah i see, think ill stay away from them so, how much and where can i get a peq box?

Ah i see, think ill stay away from them so, how much and where can i get a peq box?

I'm not sure where you can get them, but you should be able to get them somewhere in Ireland. I know that this the type of PEQ box you need and battery, if having it front wired:

echopeq.jpg
    603355-240x240%20%20batt-900x900.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm not sure where you can get them, but you should be able to get them somewhere in Ireland. I know that this the type of PEQ box you need and battery, if having it front wired:

echopeq.jpg
    603355-240x240%20%20batt-900x900.jpg
    Cheers man,will look into getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

If you intended to use a lipo and you skirmmish I would advise getting a mofset it will protect the battery, If a lipo goes to low the battery could damaged or fecked, A mofset will stop your aeg from firing when the battery voltage gets to low, If you have already opened a gearbox and reassembled it correctly ,then adding a rear wired switch assembly should be a doddle ,or re soldering the wires to the rear to accomadate a crane type battery should be easy enough for you, But you will need a stock to fit one, The lipos I have used can be fitted into the stock tube, But as I do not skirmmish I do not have to worry about running the battery to low.
    Hope this helps mate

Rgds
    I haven't got much info on LiPo's. I know that LiPo batteries much more compact than NiMH, but more dangerous (Flamable). If you have the right battery charger, you should be ok.

If you intended to use a lipo and you skirmmish I would advise getting a mofset it will protect the battery, If a lipo goes to low the battery could damaged or fecked, A mofset will stop your aeg from firing when the battery voltage gets to low, If you have already opened a gearbox and reassembled it correctly ,then adding a rear wired switch assembly should be a doddle ,or re soldering the wires to the rear to accomadate a crane type battery should be easy enough for you, But you will need a stock to fit one, The lipos I have used can be fitted into the stock tube, But as I do not skirmmish I do not have to worry about running the battery to low.
    Hope this helps mate

Rgds
    Yeah thanks for the advice, a few people told me to stay clear of lipos as there just to complicated at times, ive opened one gearbox but i have a front and a rear wired one, so ill just stick either one in to the reciever, i have a crane stock too, but i might get a peq box just to have if i want my other gearbox in instead of re wiring it, thanks for the advice, really appreciated:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭biz96

Hi KALIMA
    If you dont trow a LiPo battery at wall then nothing bad happens.
    Hope this helps mate

Rgds

It's half true.More expensive mosfets have build in lipo protection, but this device name is a "lipo saver" and you can connect it into charging port of the battery

biz96 wrote: »

Hi KALIMA
    If you dont trow a LiPo battery at wall then nothing bad happens.

It's half true.More expensive mosfets have build in lipo protection, but this device name is a "lipo saver" and you can connect it into charging port of the battery
    Thanks for the advice but i think ill stay away from lipos:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement