Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 03-03-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Thinking of heading to London for three/four nights for paddys weekend, what would be the best area to stay in? Where would be the best place to celebrate paddys day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

are you looking for a complete immersion in st patrick's day frolics while you're here? i'm sure the usual stuff will be going on in trafalgar square on sunday afternoon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

What's your budget? Looking for hotel or hostel? The West End will be where most of the action will be happening so any hotel or hostel in the vicinity would be good from a location perspective. If you want something a bit cheaper you can go out a couple of zones (london is divided into zones for the pupose of the tube with zone 1 being the most central... google tube map london) but then you have to rely on night bus to taxi to get home if you stay out past 12:30 as the tube closes around then. Trip advisor should be able to give you a good feel for prices and quality of hotels and hostels.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

Thanks for yer replies! Just had a quick look last night and it was very hard to figure where the best place for accommodation would be. I wouldn't be too bothered about the whole paddys day celebrations, but my fellow travellers are! I was thinking either hotel or apartment, whichever works out best, at the moment there may be three going, therefore, sometimes an apartment is an easier option. I will continue my search, thanks for your advice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The London Irish Centre in Camden have stuff on too, might be for an older crowd though:

http://www.londonirishcentre.org/news/the-best-st-patricks-party-in-london

Advertisement