If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote: Sony CMTG2BNIP Hi-Fi ?

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

shed head wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you have this system?

If so, how much?

Also can i connect my turntable directly into it (akai att10u)?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ATT10U-Turntable-Connection-Direct-Encoding/dp/B00563QUNW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362352245&sr=1-1

or the:

Denon RCD-M39DAB (will this accept a turntable?)

And decent speakers with good bass range,
    thanks

Hi Shed,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately we don't stock that Sony model :(

I can help you out with the Denon though :)

Looking at reviews there the turntable seems to have a phono amp built in.  Should be no problem connecting this into the line in on the Denon.

For a good set of speakers check out this combo:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hi-fi-system-deals/pah01780

Would be a great match, and the low end on the BX2s is fantastic!

Can offer this for just £364.90.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

Hi Shed,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately we don't stock that Sony model

I can help you out with the Denon though

Looking at reviews there the turntable seems to have a phono amp built in.  Should be no problem connecting this into the line in on the Denon.

For a good set of speakers check out this combo:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hi-fi-system-deals/pah01780

Would be a great match, and the low end on the BX2s is fantastic!

Can offer this for just £364.90.

Chris
    cheers Chris, i made a balls of this, it doesn't do wifi. The speakers look gret though. Any suggestions?

cheers Chris, i made a balls of this, it doesn't do wifi. The speakers look gret though. Any suggestions?
     Hi Shed,

Cheers for getting back to me :)

Quick question.  Would you listen to alot of CDs?  If not then I've got a great option.  It's the Denon Piccolo paired up again with the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers.

The Piccolo is pretty much a network streamer.  Its got built in WiFi, built in dock, internet radio, Airplay and also a sub output if you wanted to put a sub in for even more bass.

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hi-fi-system-deals/pah01921

Chris

ok might be doable, it takes my turntable too?

ok might be doable, it takes my turntable too?

Hi again,

Yup, should be fine.  Would just plug it into the line input on the back of the unit :)

Chris

• Advertisement

line in - will that not effect the audio quality??

how about the marantz 6004 and Monitor Audio bx2's?
    Would i also need the marantz amp?

line in - will that not effect the audio quality??

how about the marantz 6004 and Monitor Audio bx2's?
    Would i also need the marantz amp?

Thanks for your time and patience

Hi Shed Head.

Are you looking the 6004 CD player or Amp?

The 6004 Amp will take the turntable as it has a built in phono stage for turntables.

The PM6004 CD6004 along with the BX2 speaker would be a fantastic price, although a brave bit more expensive worth every penny.

Any further questions please let me know.

Hi Shed Head.

Are you looking the 6004 CD player or Amp?

The 6004 Amp will take the turntable as it has a built in phono stage for turntables.

The PM6004 CD6004 along with the BX2 speaker would be a fantastic price, although a brave bit more expensive worth every penny.

Any further questions please let me know.
    How much for all 3 then?

I might take  a turntable too, maybe a usb converter one but i'll stick for the 3 of the above at this stage, cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

How much for all 3 then?

I might take  a turntable too, maybe a usb converter one but i'll stick for the 3 of the above at this stage, cheers
    Shed head,

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah011017

£649.95 for the following:

Marantz CD6004
    Marantz PM6004
    Monitor Audio BX2

That's a £200 saving!

If you wanted to add a turntable as well I'll sharpen the deal - on the USB front - the Marantz CD6004 actually has a high quality USB input (which also takes your iPod/Pad etc..

Thanks again for the post,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Shed head,

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah011017

£649.95 for the following:

Marantz CD6004
    Marantz PM6004
    Monitor Audio BX2

That's a £200 saving!

If you wanted to add a turntable as well I'll sharpen the deal - on the USB front - the Marantz CD6004 actually has a high quality USB input (which also takes your iPod/Pad etc..

Thanks again for the post,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Can you give me a couple of weeks with this to get the cash together?? I'll definitely take it

actually once again i changed my mind: i don't believe i can stream airplay on the above.

So how about the:

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Marantz MCR603[/font][font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]  + bx2's +cables + stands + good turntable with usb for conversion to mp3/wav etc[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]The amp is bult into the r603? Is this a good system? The wireless really appeals. It will take a turntable?[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]How much.[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]I will need approx 2 weeks to get the money together[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]cheers and thanks for the time[/font]

actually once again i changed my mind: i don't believe i can stream airplay on the above.

So how about the:

Marantz MCR603  + bx2's +cables + stands + good turntable with usb for conversion to mp3/wav etc

The amp is bult into the r603? Is this a good system? The wireless really appeals. It will take a turntable?

How much.

I will need approx 2 weeks to get the money together

cheers and thanks for the time

Hi Shed,

I can offer a bundle price on the BX2 and 603 at £499.95.

For speaker cable I'd suggest the Gale Symphony 200 at £1.49 per meter.  

For speaker stands I'd suggest the Soundstyle Z2 stands at £69.95.  The BX2s are quite big so the Soundstyles are a good match.  Very well built stands too.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands/soundstyle/z2/soun-z2-blk

We have a very good Denon turntable that might work for you.  It copies your vinyl on to a memory stick rather than having to connect it into a pc.  Once on the memory stick you can then copy it across to your PC to fire onto a CD, Ipod etc.  

Current price on the Denon is £169.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.whathifi.com/News/Denons-new-DP-200USB-turntable-takes-your-old-records-and-sticks-them/

The 603 is a great system.  Sounds fantastic and the streaming services are very handy.  Only downside is no WiFi.  But you can run an Ethernet cable directly from your router to the 603, or you powerline adapters to get a connection between the two.

The 603 doesn't have a phono connection for a turntable.  But the Denon I linked above has a phonostage built in so will connect into an audio input on the 603.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.