Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'll take a "C" please Bob!

• 04-03-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

"C" for crash...that is, warning this is not for the faint hearted. Some very graphic crashes about :eek: :eek:

Well worth a watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8_K_wozJY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks, but I don't think I'll bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Your video makes baby Jesus cry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There are some really terrible crashes in there but some absolute funny gems.....if anyone is in any doubt about ATGATT this is for you. Seeing the riders in the sunshine states hit a truck at F1 speeds with just a pair of shades!!!!!!

Thanks, but I don't think I'll bother.

You really should mate....keep you grounded and remind you to stay FROSTY (cool and calm) out there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's one thing I don't watch. I'd probably never go out on the bike again if I watched it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I watched it for about 10 minutes and then just stopped.
    I think if i watched the entire thing then im gonna have a mental block anytime i try do something a tad mental on the road... lol

Sure if ya lasted 10mins ya might aswell finish it Gary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    "C" for crash...that is, warning this is not for the faint hearted. Some very graphic crashes about :eek: :eek:

Well worth a watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8_K_wozJY

I turned of that video after 3 minutes....as I couldnt look at it anymore and personaly didnt think it was 1 bit funny or well worth a watch either.

One factor with all those crashes......RIDER ERROR and SPEEDING.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

great find there .thanks for post'in

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I turned of that video after 3 minutes....as I couldnt look at it anymore and personaly didnt think it was 1 bit funny or well worth a watch either.

Crashes like these happen everyday and are very possible each time you take the bike out. Ignoring the fact wont make it go away. Its not just your own speed,skill and position etc. its the other road users. I reckon the more aware you are the more you can do to avoid it.

Watch it again so.:eek:

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »

Jaysus grumpy does snowwhite know you are on here trying to be the voice of reason!

It was not meant to be funny Patrick, if you did not bother watching it or had no inclination to watch it, why click on the post at all to tell us exactly WHAT YOU WERE NOT GOING TO DO!

:rolleyes:

Jaysus grumpy does snowwhite know you are on here trying to be the voice of reason!

It was not meant to be funny Patrick, if you did not bother watching it or had no inclination to watch it, why click on the post at all to tell us exactly WHAT YOU WERE NOT GOING TO DO!

Well you might think that they are "funny" and you might think its "well worth a watch"...but others dont...as has been posted here.

Everyone has a right to post here....and to voice their opinion too.

Regards.

:D:D

Well you might think that they are "funny" and you might think its "well worth a watch"...but others dont...as has been posted here.

Regards.

Why in your opinion is it the Riders fault in every one of them videos??

I seen in alot of them that the cars pulled out into the bikes. In many cases actually drive into the bikes. Not a chance the rider could avoid.

Of course many idiots are in the video too on bikes with a death wish.

But to say the rider was the cause in every clip ...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Some unreal crashes. 24:14 is by far the scariest. Like a rag doll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

bit close to home. too soon!

and I do enjoy watching those type of clips.

kaimera wrote: »

and I do enjoy watching those type of clips.[/QUO

Agree with you on that one

Hope your doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Regards.

you obviously didn't watch much of this video or even read wondaboys posts. no one thinks this is funny here. we are all bikers. the idea behind a video like this is to learn from other peoples mistakes. If you don't want to watch it then don't. simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

FatherLen wrote: »
    ythe idea behind a video like this is to learn from other peoples mistakes.

It's the only reason I watch these kind of vids. I also use them to calm myself down , every now and then I need a reminder of how easily and quickly things can go wrong!

So am I the only one who laughed at the UPS truck incident and the guy on the roof! :o

Regards.

Take off the tin foil hat nobody said you could not post, dont be such a paranoid-paddy.

If you wanna watch it watch it, if you dont want to dont.....everyone also has a right to post up what they want without the "Nanny Patrol" posting up that they dont wanna watch it. Easier ways to get a post count lad. :o

Chillax Patrico...Its all good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

kaimera wrote: »

and I do enjoy watching those type of clips.

Likewise mate. But yeah, some of them are mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Not for the faint hearted! :eek:

Take off the tin foil hat nobody said you could not post, dont be such a paranoid-paddy.

If you wanna watch it watch it, if you dont want to dont.....everyone also has a right to post up what they want without the "Nanny Patrol" posting up that they dont wanna watch it. Easier ways to get a post count lad. :o

Chillax Patrico...Its all good.

Post count???

Cop the fcuk on lad.

Go and have a bitch at the others who have said similar/questioned your thread.

Oh no wait...you wont.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

In all fairness there's a lot of 'em down to driver error and sheer bolloxology.
    There's a lot of indicators broken on those cages too though.

Post count???

Cop the fcuk on lad.

Go and have a bitch at the others who have said similar to you.

Oh no wait...you wont.:rolleyes:

Looks to me like u opened itself up to it

1. By not watching it and still trying to have an opinion.
    2.by stating every single crash in the clip was the riders fault.
    3. By not defending or backing up your opinio .

leppla wrote: »
    Looks to me like u opened itself up to it

1. By not watching it and still trying to have an opinion.
    2.by stating every single crash in the clip was the riders fault.
    3. By not defending or backing up your opinio .

WTF has my post count got do do with this???

I dont need to up my post count for any reason.

Ive been here a few years now,and I post on boards regulary on a wide range of subjects...so Ive no need/reason to be wanting to up my post count here on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The only things I learned from watching that are 1) don't ride a bike in Russia and 2) filter within 10mph of the traffic around you. Oh, and open your eyes.

Most of those crashes are drunk, speeding Russians. The bikers and cagers are at equal fault in many of them.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I watched a bit of it. I think I've identified a bit of road on my commute home where I ride a little stupid to get around traffic I'm going to think twice before doing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Never mind wonda-boys video, check out this one. Some of the stuff in this defies the laws of physics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymhq6afE4M

Don't agree with that, i watched about 10 seconds and one of the first crashes is a car turning right in front of a bike. Rider error and speeding is a factor all right, but definitely not all of them.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Never mind wonda-boys video, check out this one. Some of the stuff in this defies the laws of physics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymhq6afE4M

What...the women or the bikes???:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement