Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'll take a "C" please Bob!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

paddy147 wrote: »
    What...the women or the bikes???:pac:

All I'm saying is, 26 seconds in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Post count???

Cop the fcuk on lad.

Go and have a bitch at the others who have said similar/questioned your thread.

Oh no wait...you wont.:rolleyes:

Paddy,

Look you would start an argument with the dalai lama over the colour of his robe.

Nuff said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Most of them while not the riders fault would have been avoided had the rider not been riding like a plank.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

WTF has my post count got do do with this???

I dont need to up my post count for any reason.

Ive been here a few years now,and I post on boards regulary on a wide range of subjects...so Ive no need/reason to be wanting to up my post count here on this thread.

I never mentioned a fcukin post count to anybody. And I couldn give a ****e how long your on boards you could have founded it for all I care.

Clap clap for paddy he posts on a wide range of subjects.

Its a forum everyone gives there opinion. And if there is a difference in opinion then you explain the reason behind coming to that opinion.

But you just come onto the thread and preach and we will all accept what u say as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Post count???

Cop the fcuk on lad.

Go and have a bitch at the others who have said similar/questioned your thread.

Oh no wait...you wont.:rolleyes:
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Paddy,

Look you would start an argument with the dalai lama over the colour of his robe.

Nuff said.

ENOUGH OF THIS BITCHING.

ANY MORE, AND INFRACTIONS/BANNS WILL BE HANDED OUT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Most of them while not the riders fault would have been avoided had the rider not been riding like a plank.

Are you kidding me, I'm ten minutes in and struggling to find examples where it isn't bad driving on the bikers end that created the accident. Even in the incidents where the driver didn't indicate, the biker was going way to fast for it to even matter. You can't drive twice the speed of the traffic around you and not have issues. At least 95% are primarily the bikers fault.

Good video, would have loved to ram that down the throat of half the people on my old commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

From the 20 minutes of it that i've watched so far, imo these accidents seem to be caused by
    1. Inappropriate speed (mainly bikes)
    2. Total lack of awareness and reading of the road (cars and bike)
    3. Quite a few eejits! (cars and bikes)

I think there are a few hit and runs in there too by the looks of it :(
    I can never understand how people either can not or do not read the road - i even find myself doing it while watching these type of clips.

Alot of the crashes are speed related....most of the camera's are in vehicles driving along prolly at the speed limit, next thing a bike darts along at mad speeds. Trying to nip into a gap or cant stop in time.

However, alot of the accidents at the junctions are cages just not giving a fook and looking where they are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

People that had off's or crashes off bikes, don't watch these kinds of vids. Me included. (2c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's one thing I don't watch. I'd probably never go out on the bike again if I watched it.
    You should know the consequences before getting on a bike!
    Probably a lot of lives lost over people thinking its all fun and games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People that had off's or crashes off bikes, don't watch these kinds of vids. Me included. (2c)
    The first couple are hard to watch but then you realise that none of the accidents are "could happen to anyone" accidents. 30% of them are idiots trying to impress with wheelies and stoppies, another 30% are straight up going way too fast and being unable to make a corner or stop for traffic/lights, 30% are idiots overtaking traffic on the outside at speed, and getting levelled by turning cars and the last 10% are assorted stupidity. Very few examples of car error from the 5/10 minutes I watched, which we all know is the norm.

Also most of the footage seems to come from Russia. You couldn't pay me enough money to risk riding on Russian roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

blade1 wrote: »
    You should know the consequences before getting on a bike!
    Probably a lot of lives lost over people thinking its all fun and games.

I know the consequences. Watching the video isn't going to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Id like to hear someone say the its the motorcyclists fault at 18.56 :rolleyes:

Only started riding motorcycles recently and tbh i think videos like this (although horrible for the people involved) are great in the sense of showing What Not To Do on the roads, good learning tool for newbies. Touch wood ill never be in one of those videos :pac:

You would be here for hours and go through 3 boxes of teabags and 5 packs of Hobknobs trying to assign blame to that clip. It is what it is we dont need to dissect every incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Id like to hear someone say the its the motorcyclists fault at 18.56 :rolleyes:
    Fantastic bike control on his part to keep it together.

You would be here for hours and go through 3 boxes of teabags and 5 packs of Hobknobs trying to assign blame to that clip. It is what it is we dont need to dissect every incident.

Why did you create the thread if you don't want people talking about whats in the video? :confused:

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Why did you create the thread if you don't want people talking about whats in the video? :confused:

LOL, the other post was not aimed at you lad. I am referring to comments on who's fault it is/was in some of the crashes, which from watching from a PC at home cannot possibly be ascertained...but yet CONSTANTLY chime in saying rider error this and rider error that. ;)

LOL, the other post was not aimed at you lad. I am referring to comments on who's fault it is/was in some of the crashes, which from watching from a PC at home cannot possibly be ascertained...but yet CONSTANTLY chime in saying rider error this and rider error that. ;)

Oops sorry my bad :o and here i thought the world revolved around me :(

But i think i know what your talking about haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just watched a couple of minutes and turned it off. Really don't know whats achieved by posting that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just watched a couple of minutes and turned it off. Really don't know whats achieved by posting that to be honest.

Thanks

It is now locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement