Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Real Madrid Match Thread. 5/3/2013 K.O 19.45

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Shocking thread this, Any negative comments about utd and your a troll.

And yous are telling me to grow up.

Get a grip lads.

Nope, just trolls are trolls and this place is full of them. It's an embarrassment and the people doing it will be the very ones complaining when a United fan posts in the Liverpool match thread at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Dont think its over yet
    It's over alright :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

SimpBumblebeeMan_f.png

few great saves by Bumblebee Man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Ive stuck a tenner on UTD to win this. They can do it i reckon.

UTD + AN Hour Extra Time = Loads of monies

there wont be any extra time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Real might have went on to win anyway who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone got the REFS Name???

Melion wrote: »
    Nope, just trolls are trolls and this place is full of them. It's an embarrassment and the people doing it will be the very ones complaining when a United fan posts in the Liverpool match thread at the weekend
    You're a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

People calling it the worst decision ever are being stupid. It definitely deserved a yellow, and I'd say that's it. But if the ref thought that Nani knew the challenge was coming and still went in with his foot that high and studs up then he had to send him off.

It's a case of intent, looking at the replays you can clearly see that Nani is only looking at the ball and doesn't know the challenge is coming, but if all the ref saw was the challange and not the run up then you can't blame him for it. Personally think he should have consulted the linesman to be sure and then given a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Leiva wrote: »

Stop making a tit of yourself.

Respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

no extra time madrid 2 away goals

• Advertisement

sea_monkey wrote: »
    there wont be any extra time

I meant the usual 5-10 mins utd always get,

the more the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

The ref did ruin this tie, well that and nani kung fu kicking your man with his studs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

My blood is just boiling over that ref. To be able to destroy such a spectacle of football with such an awful decision like that is just mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

27mins of E.T (not the movie)

Über Fergie time on the way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sometimes, you have to believe in magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

That would be wonderful except as most football fans will know that the game can't go to extra time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone else think the decision to get mark lawernson to do commentary was the worst decision of the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

gandalf wrote: »
    If you go into a tackle with your foot that high especially if an opposition player is challenging then its not going to end well. Add the fact you are up against a Spanish team who are known to be the kings of simulation then you need to use your brain. Nani didn't hence the card. That said if it was the premiership it probably would have been a yellow.

The ref should also be able to read the game to better affect. If a players head is clearly in the direction of the ball and he is mid air well before the opposing player has arrived then how can a red be given?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Huzzah Pepe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Haha good man Pepe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Watched on youtube, its very dangerous play and studs up with both feet off the ground. Can see why it was given, wouldnt neccesarily agree but can see why. Intent doesnt have to be there.

Also for those blaming the ref, maybe Welbeck should kick the ball into to Goal from three yards out, big turning point. People make mistakes

Impressed with United since going down, its a shame they sat back so much after the red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Anyone wrote: »
    10 mins left for Pepe to get his card.

Boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Token yellow for pepe!

That would be wonderful except as most football fans will know that the game can't go to extra time now.

Jesus INJURY TIME :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Pepe hahahaahaha!! if the corners was a dead cert a yellow card for Pepe would be the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kagawa and Rooney should have come on as soon as the red card happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

red-card.gif

Probably only a yellow, not too shocked a red was given though. Completely tilted the game in Madrid's favour either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

A lot of red tinted specs on display.

He deserved to be sent off.

It was yellow at most same as Arberloa got in the 1st half, and those saying United are being mugged seemed to have forgotten about the goal Madrid had ruled out in the 1st half for a very soft free kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Just because he's a referee doesn't make him any good or less probe to an absolute disaster of a decision like this one. Stop grinding your sad agenda. Bad decision is a bad decision

I dont have a sad agenda. I explained it was a harsh red but not an absolute disaster.

The only absolute disaster has been united's play since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

L'prof wrote: »
    red-card.gif

Probably only a yellow, not too shocked a red was given though. Completely tilted the game in Madrid's favour either way.

Nani is looking at the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

My blood is just boiling over that ref. To be able to destroy such a spectacle of football with such an awful decision like that is just mind boggling.

In fairness, the Rafael handball was difficult to spot.

If a players head is clearly in the direction of the ball and he is mid air well before the opposing player has arrived then how can a red be given?
    Oh dear.

You do realise that players don't have to be stood still for a tackle to be a bad one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Oh get the fcuk up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Keeper is injured, my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

FFS get up. You had no problem throwing the ball out.

• Advertisement

Something thrown at the Madrid keeper there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wow.

Thanks ref, that ****ing red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

matrim wrote: »
    But if the ref thought that Nani knew the challenge was coming and still went in with his foot that high and studs up then he had to send him off.

You have to think about it in the context of the game and the fact Utd were 1-0 up. There was no reason for malice or intent. Had Utd been 0-1 down and players getting frustrated then possibly you could make that assumption. It'll long be talked about and I would assume the ref will be quietly demoted from CL duty. Doesnt get Utd back in the CL though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Everyone knows he's cheating. Football becomes a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

gandalf wrote: »

If you go into a tackle with your foot that high especially if an opposition player is challenging then its not going to end well. Add the fact you are up against a Spanish team who are known to be the kings of simulation then you need to use your brain. Nani didn't hence the card. That said if it was the premiership it probably would have been a yellow.
    Arbeloa got kicked in the stomach. He would have went down no matter what nationality he was

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »

But his studs are looking at arbeloas nipples, tougyh one to call, not a red for me but if studs are that high up its always gonna be red

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

L'prof wrote: »

yep, and It has to be said if it was the shoe on the other foot(or a foot in the chest) UTD fans would be saying it was a good decision.

That or if it was someone like suarez etc. who done it, there be calls for his head as he(as fergie would say) tried to kill someone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Giggs telling Lopez to get up. Never seen him say that to nani or Ashley young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The more I watch the red card decision, the more sure I am the the ref made the right decision.
    Will be interesting to see fergies post match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

IvySlayer wrote: »

Looking at the ball does not negate dangerous play. Still very harsh to get a red for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Madrid keeper has had a great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Jesus INJURY TIME :p

Except you said "an hours extra time".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The ref should also be able to read the game to better affect. If a players head is clearly in the direction of the ball and he is mid air well before the opposing player has arrived then how can a red be given?

As someone already said if the ref felt there was intent then it had to be a red. Personally I would have given a yellow as from the replays you can see there was no intent but it was reckless.

I feel sorry for united as I would have liked to see them progress and I am an Arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Oh dear.

You do realise that players don't have to be stood still for a tackle to be a bad one?

Course not, but any bafoon can see that Nani was clearly looking at the ball and didn't have any malice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Anyone else think the decision to get mark lawernson to do commentary was the worst decision of the night?
    No, but it was the second worst

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement