Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Real Madrid Match Thread. 5/3/2013 K.O 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

better team won over two legs i think. shame it will be clouded in controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Good win for Mourninho. Proves once & for all that he's the best!

He's a very good manager but I think he's been blessed with the quality of sides he's managed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Haha Rio clapping his hands right in front of the ref cos he knows thge camera is on him, then a min later he shakes his hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hate to see the winding up, we all complain when other fans do it, cant have it both ways

Just replayed the sending off on Fox, looks worse in real time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

We wuz robbed.

Wuz?!?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We wuz robbed.

Lol you really embarrased yourself tonight. When supporters of our staunchest rival call it as it is, you are here posting this tripe.

lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Good win for Mourninho. Proves once & for all that he's the best!

Fergie, tactically had the better gameplan. The ref ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

No, but it was the second worst
    What's with his obsession saying the Madrid keeper 'just doesn't look like a keeper', like he's a bloody paraplegic or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ferdinand clapping into the refs face!

Ugly, what a bad loser. Madrid were class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Well what was a cracking game was ruined by a ridiculous decision. Sad reaction from a good few posters here but when you look at who the posters are its not a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

United should have held on with ten men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

He's a very good manager but I think he's been blessed with the quality of sides he's managed at.

The Special One doesn't rely on luck. :cool:

Even won the CL with Porto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Real to win it now I think.
    They've suddlenly remembered who they are of late after being completely uninterested in the league all year.

I was expecting the red card decision to be absolute bull**** given that most of the people agreeing with the decision were on a wind up but it wasn't off the wall by any means. Can't go sailing through the air with your studs up.

Usually you'd get away with a yellow but a red is reasonable enough imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hard luck United, didn't deserve that decision. Played very well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

United should have held on with ten men.

With the team Real have, not a hope.

IvySlayer wrote: »

That's crap and you know it. Special One changed the game by bringing on Modric!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

It's a shame, but thats the way it fell. The ref gave everything to madrid and there was nothing united can do about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

IvySlayer wrote: »

need a plan B. (Arsenal never have one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

iirc this was a yellow card?

ninjakick2.gif

Yes and everyone at the time thought it was a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Shocking reffing. If he ever takes charge of a game at this level it's a joke. Unbelievably bad decision, like truly shocking.

Thought we were in control up to it, don't know what would have happened, think Madrid may well have still scored, but the ref utterly ruined the game. Ineptitude of the highest degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

That's crap and you know it. Special One changed the game by bringing on Modric!

I don't think that's what changed the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Bit of thuggery here from Ferdinand and Ferguson, surely a few punishments may be imminent to both.

At the end of the day everybody agreed that De Jong's challenge on Alonso should have been a red card, this was a very similar tackle by Nani and I'm sure it's that exact incident that the referee had in mind when he produced the red card. This was a European game, with a continental referee, I'm not the least bit surprised its a red card, a really stupid challenge by Nani.

Credit to Madrid, excellent second half, Modric, Alonso and Kaka all superb with a really solid performance from the backline and goalkeeper. A great representation tonight of Spanish football from Madrid, they did the league and themselves proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Respect to the few Liverpool supporters on here who called it as they saw it when others contributed to the **** fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

When we went down to 10. If nani stayed on the field, he wouldn't have taken off Arbeloa for Modric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Ugly, what a bad loser. Madrid were class.

By no means were Madrid class but they did well to take advantage of the extra man and tbf to Mourinho he made the right decisions after it.

Guess we're left with the 'what if Nani had stayed on' feeling..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Not the most shocking decision I have ever seen, he got it wrong but I can see why it might have looked worse to the ref depending on his angle. Nani was trying to cushion the ball down which meant there was no force in the "tackle" to do damage.

God, Mourinho is such a troll with his slinking off pretending to be humble but simultaneously ensuring everyone looks at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

And if you genuinely think that that was a red card, you have no understanding of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Disgraceful from Ferdinand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great craic!! Couldn't have dreamed it any better! :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was a clear game changer of a decision, and incorrect imo, although there is zero chance of it being rescinded on appeal I reckon, not that it would change anything obviously. Utd were unlucky as they were the better team before that, and still could have come back from it as they had plenty of chances in the last 15 mins. Real didn't do great apart from the first 10 mins after the red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

My thoughts on tonight:

- I normally stick to Liverpool threads as they're who I support. I thought only those threads attracted wums but this thread has been an eye opener

- Great game to watch. It wasn't a red but it opened up the match which as a neutral I wanted. That said you couldn't but admire uniteds shape and discipline up until that point.

- Varane and Giggs were brilliant but Modric was the gem tonight and showed the PL following what we're missing. The argument can be made that with an extra man for united he may not have had that much space but we'll never know. Great feint and strike and for his goal.

- Mark Lawrenson...I'm genuinely thinking of mailing tv3 to complain he was that poor. His berating of the Real keeper was farcical and listening to his dross for 90 minutes should be optional for people who pay hard earned money for a tv license

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Christ, I turn away from Lawrenson to Setanta only to be confronted by Niall Quinn doing an advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Best team lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Mourinho 'Best team lost'

Oh cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Mourinho trolling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Mourinho saying the best team lost

then Keane says it doesnt suit Mourinho to be humble

When we went down to 10. If nani stayed on the field, he wouldn't have taken off Arbeloa for Modric.

Who knows? Are you a mind reader?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

aramush wrote: »
    hahaha, I am loving this. Finally United know what its like to be on the end of injustice.

Or justice, as it is known to some observers tonight.
    Yup. Cos Manchester United have never had a bad refereeing decision go against them.
    Ever!
    Nosiree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jose being humble but united should have done better imho

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Go out and put your communion money on Jose taking utd job. Never seen such politics in a post match and during match demeanour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mourinho is a sore loser but he was pure class personified there. What a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The Special One doesn't rely on luck. :cool:

Even won the CL with Porto!

Did you see what the Special One said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Someones looking for the UTD job, Mourinho Brown Nosing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Robbery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lol you really embarrased yourself tonight. When supporters of our staunchest rival call it as it is, you are here posting this tripe.

lol.
    Tripe? Several folks have given very good reasons as to why it was a red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Didn't Fergie say these things even themselves out through the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Adrian Chiles!! ffs the worst of all the sports presenters...even worse than tv3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Well what was a cracking game was ruined by a ridiculous decision. Sad reaction from a good few posters here but when you look at who the posters are its not a surprise.

Was a great game, but dont think the sending off ruined it, most of the big games have some sort of controversy. Liverpool were denied a clear pen in their match with Zenit. Madrid had a goal harshly ruled out, and Rafael handled it on the line and got away with it.

Rarely games like this live up to the billing and this did sending off or not. Post hit 3/4 times, some poor poor finishing by both teams (Utd especially), some great keeping. and an amazing goal by modric

As a neutral really enjoyed it, and would have no matter who won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hear the pundits and I'm reading here that the red card was harsh. Gotta say that when I seen it first time I thought he could get a red.

derfderf wrote: »
    I don't think that's what changed the game
    Modric coming on deffo changed the game tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement