Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Real Madrid Match Thread. 5/3/2013 K.O 19.45

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hasn't got enough service to be good or bad.
    Yes he has, he's been bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

United can be very happy with that, have done very well in containing Alonso and Ronaldo. No way will Madrid be that quiet in the 2nd half though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Half way there but 0-0 looks the least likely outcome of this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Utds best player.

welbeck had some good moments too. especially liked his link up in the middle after the block on ronaldo around 30mins i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Ricky Kaka with a 25 yard sumptuous curler to settle this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rooney coming on for Giggs at 70 mins could be a masterstroke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The cheer the fans gave ronnie at the start was brilliant, hopefully the team keeps him quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

if you only post negatively and do it constantly you'll be called on it. at least most of the posters are reasonable

Just don't bite to those posts. People ignored the first one do he bit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

United have been great, look most likely,

Been impressed with Welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Madrid are there for the taking and reduced to shooting from long range.

Mourinho has a lot of work to do during the break for them to progress.

Interesting 45 coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

United doing well with a disciplined defensive performance. Only one side will celebrate a scoreless draw, and united are doing a good job of guaranteeing themselves at least that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Just don't bite to those posts. People ignored the first one do he bit again.

i dont recognise him to be a balanced poster i know anyway. already been IL'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sets it up for a fantastic second half. Very difficult to call. Ronaldo has been quiet by his standards but it only takes a moment for him. Giggs is justifying his selection. If Madrid score I can see Rooney coming in, otherwise can't see Fergie changing things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Half time, time to listen to the lads on OTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Very good half from Cleverly imo, putting himself about brilliantly.

Eating my words about Giggs aswell, where does he pull this kind of performance from? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I loled (it's frankie Boyle no offence meant by me)

@frankieboyle: Man U have got the team fired up by rubbing a teenage hairdresser's knickers on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Whole first half down, and I haven't seen a bit. Can't get any f'n stream working. This is depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tactics have been spot on so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Good first half from united. Van Persie has been awful though, gave away posession consistently and some awful shooting. Wellbeck has led the line well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Welbeck making Alonso look average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Good game of football, hopefully united can close it out.

On a seperate note, Mark Lawernson and Trevor Walsh have really shown themselves up this evening and set new standards for their ineptitude.

Lawernson paritcularly for repeatedly slagging Lopez saying he doesn't look like a keeper and calling him a "bumble-bee". Absolutely disgusting behaviour from him, particularly with kids watching. I reckon it won't be long before he gets so comfortable on his bar-stool he will be heading the way Ron Atkinson went.

Also ridiculous the lenghts some people on here will go to in order to have a pop at united, particularly the "booing".

Clutching at straws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Can't describe how glad I am that half time came and my heart rate can briefly go back to resting.

So fair to say on the first half;

Giggs is playing legendary.

Nani is just lacking the final piece of the puzzle.

Welbeck is sharp with the right ball.

RVP needs to get into gear.

Rafael is dodgey-ish.

Ferdinand- well, why isn't Smalling playing?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anyone got a corner count for the game so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

United looking "comfortable". But madrid should be a different animal in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Feels like several hundred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

6-4 to United. Have over 12, and Real over 5.

I hate Adrian Chiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

keith16 wrote: »
    Good game of football, hopefully united can close it out.

On a seperate note, Mark Lawernson and Trevor Walsh have really shown themselves up this evening and set new standards for their ineptitude.

Lawernson paritcularly for repeatedly slagging Lopez saying he doesn't look like a keeper and calling him a "bumble-bee". Absolutely disgusting behaviour from him, particularly with kids watching. I reckon it won't be long before he gets so comfortable on his bar-stool he will be heading the way Ron Atkinson went.

Also ridiculous the lenghts some people on here will go to in order to have a pop at united, particularly the "booing".

Clutching at straws.

Townsend said Lopez looks like a reserve keeper i think Lopez has been very good for Madrid since he signed for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

10 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21583952

10 according to the BBC, 6 to Utd, 4 to Real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

4. There are four corners on the pitch.

sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Varane is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Half time, time to listen to the lads on OTB.

You'll be waiting awhile...... :P

Hope Und do a McIlroy and go AWOL in the 2nd half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Nuri, you must be gutted to be on loan at Liverpool and not playing tonight?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The bus parking session working well for United. Tbf the matchup of Alonso and welbeck is working well. When utd break welbeck is burning off alonso every time and is causing problems. I'd expect real to try to attack uniteds left in second half......nani and evra are there for the taking imo. Set up nicely for the neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Yes he has, he's been bad.

He has got the ball twice in good positions. First from the Giggs cross which I believe he was directing towards Nani instead of shooting as it was a tight angle with defenders ahead of him and only for a Ramos clearence it was an easy goal for Nani.

The second was another lofty ball which he controlled well and fought of two defenders to get into the box and get his shot off and on target. Only for an great save by the keeper from Welbeck we had another goal as a direct result of RVP's work and presence up front.

We are set out to contain with him leading the line alone and feeding off scraps. Actually considering the job he has on his hands he is doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This is United's to lose unless Madrid produce something they've thus far failed to provide all season : a creative direct attack. So far Madrid look impotent in attack and United are containing them with relative ease.

Surprised Modric isn't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Jernal wrote: »

Surprised Modric isn't playing.

You must not have seen him play this season, he's been pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The bus parking session working well for United. Tbf the matchup of Alonso and welbeck is working well. When utd break welbeck is burning off alonso every time and is causing problems. I'd expect real to try to attack uniteds left in second half......nani and evra are there for the taking imo. Set up nicely for the neutral

Its not a bus parking session. We have had more shots on target and the better off it. Its a disciplined counter attacking performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Lots of 'neutrals' here tonight alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nuri, you must be gutted to be on loan at Liverpool and not playing tonight?:p

Arf arf arf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

GET THE **** IN!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

YESJFBNSJKDFNSDF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

JHFESDO;MLADGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLASSSSSSOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wowza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6