Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Santry Apartment

Options
  • 04-03-2013 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm looking to rent an apartment in santry besides crowne plaza hotel. I will be moving there with my wife. I work full time, so I need opinion and suggestions in terms of security and overall situation in that area. apartments are nice but I heard that santry is not an ideal place for family living? What you guys suggest? Please I need a positive feedback as I have to rent or otherwise this month.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Hi virux,

I live near enough the Crowne Plaza in Santry & have to say there seem to be a lot of families nearby. I'm by myself though so can't speak from personal experience.
    In regards the apartments - I haven't heard too many issues with security within the blocks and it's generally quite quiet around the area in the evening. I've been here 2 years & do really like it.
    Not sure if that helps but hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 virux

Thanks @witchgirl thats a positive. Its really hard to decide when it comes to living with family. Anyway thanks again for your input, appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I use to live nearby and several friends live (or have lived) in that part of Northwood and couldn't fault it at all.

I can't say for living there, but I work in Northwood and haven't seen anything untoward. I sometimes walk home via Northwood Avenue and it's always been rather quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

I've lived in Northwood for the last 9 years and we have had no real issues. Obviously you can be unlucky with your neighbours but that's the same as in every development. Plenty of leisure facilities (Morton Stadium, Ben Dunne's gym, Sportslink etc) near by.
    Not sure about schools in the area as we don't have any kids. Plenty of public transport options.

Advertisement