Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3 Episode 12 - "Clear" [** Spoilers **]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I can barely get to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

fantastic episode! It's picked up a hell of a lot since ep9. I knew once they got out and about outside the prison & woodbury settings that I was gonna like this one. Been dyin to see a bit of exploration of some of the goings on around the place in this post apocalyptic world.

thought the cling clanger hitchhiker seemed a bit of a dumbass alright, makes you wonder what his story was that he'd end up there in that situation. Not enough to make me unable to suspend my disbelief though, i was fine with it. I wonder if they got any good loot from his backpack

that Morgan guy has some skills.. pity he's gone off the deep end. His full stash would've come in handy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Grimebox wrote: »
    Good point. I am exceptionally bad at familiarising myself with my surrounding areas. Its a miracle I've survived this long even without the zombie apocalypse

To be fair to myself I know my way around my surrounding areas quite well, but considering Id cut myself buttering bread I dont think Id have much chance brain stabbing walkers.

Now that I think about it, I would be that hiker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have lived in dublin for 25 years and I would have difficulty getting to all those places you mentioned. Lucan is the only one that I have a rough idea where it is :o

Don't leave the 'hood:pac:

Just wondering,we haven't seen anyone in the group stocking up on fuel yet they can drive around for hours.I'd be syphoning every vehicle I came across.

Another strange one in a previous ep. was when the alarms were ringing in the prison & they shut off the generator,why not simply cut the wires to the alarms & use the generator for lights,cooking etc? Woodbury had the power situation sussed with solar panels etc.Surely somebody in Rick's group would have had the cop on to try something similar if they planned on staying at the prison for the long haul.
    Plus Morgan had the right idea with the traps,if I was holed up in the prison,I'd be doing the same around the perimeter just so I didn't just have a fence to depend on.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

zerks wrote: »
    Don't leave the 'hood:pac:

Just wondering,we haven't seen anyone in the group stocking up on fuel yet they can drive around for hours.I'd be syphoning every vehicle I came across.

Another strange one in a previous ep. was when the alarms were ringing in the prison & they shut off the generator,why not simply cut the wires to the alarms & use the generator for lights,cooking etc? Woodbury had the power situation sussed with solar panels etc.Surely somebody in Rick's group would have had the cop on to try something similar if they planned on staying at the prison for the long haul.
    Plus Morgan had the right idea with the traps,if I was holed up in the prison,I'd be doing the same around the perimeter just so I didn't just have a fence to depend on.

I think you're right they should.

But considering the short length of time they've been at the prison coupled with the issues with woodbury i'm sure theres a million other priorities than tinkering around with a generator to try get hot water and lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

martomcg wrote: »
    I think you're right they should.

But considering the short length of time they've been at the prison coupled with the issues with woodbury i'm sure theres a million other priorities than tinkering around with a generator to try get hot water and lights!

Exactly, although it seems a lot longer, they can't have been in the prison for any longer than a month at this stage, and already they've lost a good few people, been breached a few times, and started a war with Woodbury... plus the whole prison bar the block they're holed up in seems to be overrun again, especially after that prisoner broke back in and set the alarms off... they can't risk losing people in the process of hooking up the generators when there are far more pressing issues at hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

giggii wrote: »
    Exactly, although it seems a lot longer, they can't have been in the prison for any longer than a month at this stage, and already they've lost a good few people, been breached a few times, and started a war with Woodbury... plus the whole prison bar the block they're holed up in seems to be overrun again, especially after that prisoner broke back in and set the alarms off... they can't risk losing people in the process of hooking up the generators when there are far more pressing issues at hand...

Rick and co. aren't really the "good guys" any more

Rick and co. aren't really the "good guys" any more

Where did I state that they were good? by saying a "good few" I was referring to the quantity rather than their character...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

giggii wrote: »
    Where did I state that they were good? by saying a "good few" I was referring to the quantity rather than their character...

I wasn't arguing with you. Just an observation

I wasn't arguing with you. Just an observation

Oh right, sorry, totally missread that! But definitely, especially with the way they treated the dude with the back-pack in the last episode... If I'm right with the timeline of things, Rick woke up from his coma less than a year ago from the current episode... In that short space of time his ideals have changed entirely, Although I suppose he has learned the hard way, the "never leave a man behind" ideals have left the group burned on several occasions... Still though, I think the show has gone to too much of an extreme now, and Rick and Co. have become almost too cold... I think the protagonists need a bit of humanity, at the moment they're really lacking in that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

fantastic episode! It's picked up a hell of a lot since ep9. I knew once they got out and about outside the prison & woodbury settings that I was gonna like this one. Been dyin to see a bit of exploration of some of the goings on around the place in this post apocalyptic world.

that Morgan guy has some skills.. pity he's gone off the deep end. His full stash would've come in handy too.

Have to plus 1 on first part & if I had 1 "fgs" moment it wasn't them leavin the hitchhiker but up there with previous niggles like "how do they keep that Hyundai so bloody clean?"...... Eh, Morgan gave Rick the ok to take ALL his guns so why didn't they back that mint green baby up to his traps n load it up? I know they don't exactly have man power but surely they could save time on reloading if they had that stack armed n ready to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Cos Rick wanted to leave Morgan with plenty for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

DaisyD2 wrote: »
    "how do they keep that Hyundai so bloody clean?"

lol.. i suppose they paid for their product placement & they want their advert looking as shiny as possible... the whole front would be covered in insects in no time in that part of the world.
    DaisyD2 wrote: »
    Eh, Morgan gave Rick the ok to take ALL his guns so why didn't they
    Cos Rick wanted to leave Morgan with plenty for himself.

I would have knocked Morgan out & took him & all of his stash back to the prison for sure. What if the General were to get a hold of it? In that situation you would have to think of everything as life or death, i'd imagine if he tells em back there what they left behind Merle will be itching to go back with a van. Everything should be calculated on practical terms, even the young boy would probably have chosen to take the whole stash if they had the transport for it.

One thing I always wonder about this show is what's happening at the coastline? Are there bands of marauding pirates going up & down the coast on commandeered pleasure boats??? That's what Cormac McCarthy's characters did straight away in The Road & probably what I'd try to do myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I really liked this episode, it was in a way a filler episode like last week but more satisfying and it was very interesting to see how Rick's rescuer had gone completely paranoid and unhinged, the way his ramblings and booby traps ufurled was genuinely unsettling. Plus its great to see Michonne FINALLY showing a human side after weeks and weeks of silence and scowls, her character was starting to really annoy me. She has so much potential so I hope she starts to show herself a bit more.

If the only purpose of this ep was to show how Morgan had ended up then it was a bit of a cheat. However if Morgan and his artillery make an appearance in the obvious upcoming finale of Prison vs Woodbury, then that opens the show up further- Morgan can take the side of the Prison and prove very helpful with his shooting skills. I like how the show has basically descended into your typical Lord of the Flies tribe vs tribe, the walkers arent even interesting anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

One thing I always wonder about this show is what's happening at the coastline? Are there bands of marauding pirates going up & down the coast on commandeered pleasure boats??? That's what Cormac McCarthy's characters did straight away in The Road & probably what I'd try to do myself.

Quite a number of people live along coastlines, imagine how many walkers that means :eek: Boats are great, but what about food and fresh water, or storms, can you navigate, can you fix engines, can you sail. I live by the coast, but I can't swim so fook that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

only got round to this, thought it was a great episode, anything to get Andrea off the screen for a week :pac: Karl is becoming more and more like his comic character which is great. The hitchiker thing was a good addition, since Rick was stupidly noble in the early episodes and nearly got everyone killed multiples times due to stupid heroics and moral choices, leaving a guy out in the wild because he couldnt be arsed dealing with another straggler who could turn into trouble was a cool character moment.

Advertisement