Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business Venture - Digital Media Streaming/Rental Service

Options
  • 04-03-2013 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

Hi,

Just searching for some good info and advice regarding media distribution licenses in Ireland for an online movie rental service.

I've been working on a project and think we have a product/application that would work well for digital distribution.
    If the project gets off the ground, it would be aimed towardst a global market in order to reach a larger audience.
    User can browse through video titles and pay for digital media with tokens bought with real cash via online payment processor.
    User watches videos online, no download or plugins required, that part's not new technology, but my system is pretty unique :)

Don't want to say much about the system, it works, it''s simple and secure and delivers what a customer wants.
    I've been researching some trends in various online communities where movie streaming rentals are very popular.
    Which could lead me to another subject but i won't go there, either way, the persons involved make good profits.
    It's sort of a niche waiting to happen, if someone takes it serious enough, nobody has yet, but the services exist.
    If one company takes this serious, sets up business, they have an opportunity to reach over 100,000 user a day.
    That's just one of these communities, they're not limited to advertising in these communities, like their competitors.

Having the opportunity to share a movie online with a friend or a loved one who's on the other side of the globe,
    Yet still feel like you're in the same room, that's a unique experience in itself and what this project is based on.

Where to go from here, do you need to buy psychical copies of the media being streamed, rented digitally.
    Who provides licenses for online digital media companies in Ireland? or is their one EU license?
    If you want to provide this service outside Ireland do you pay licenses to other countries?

Does netflix have to pay a separate license for each country they want to distribute online media in?

Sorry for all the questions, but i need to work out a decent plan before i approach anyone for further assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement