Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby swimming classes

Options
  • 04-03-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi im looking to take my LO swimming. It wont be for another two weeks yet when shes 8 weeks old.

Do u know of any baby swim classes or even pools (that i can just take her too)

We live in bettystown, meath but can travel to dublin meath or louth.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

I have been considering these two:
    http://www.aquababies.ie/
    http://www.waterbabies.ie/

on a related note, does anyone know where you can get those special Huggies nappies? I have checked in our local tesco, a large one, and they didn't have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The little swimmers is it? Supervalu have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I bring my daughter to waterbabies. but I think aquababies is quite similar.
    It is pricy ( Eur 200 for 10weeks ) but have to say I love it and so does she. We started when she was 3 months but there is no lower age restriction - I think they have had babies 1 week old start.

My daughter is 1 now, and can hold onto the side of the pool by herself and pull herself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Thanks guys,

Have contacted both aqua babies and water babies and both are starting there next course end April / start may.

So we will be joining too. Will get the happy nappy and also the neoprene vest I think.

Will have to travel to which ever one we go to but hopefully will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I use the Tesco Swimnappies if I don't use the reusable one. If Water or Aquababies are a bit expensive for people, check out your local pool. We've been doing baby swimming lessons for over a year now & they're great - €64 for 8 classes. Another pool near enough to us is €80 for 8 classes, so also good value. Just an idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement