Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice on camera system.

Options
  • 04-03-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

House was broken into last night . I need advice on setting up cameras in front and back gardens . I have no idea about this can anyone help . Do people reccomend cameras on inside or outside of the house ? Budget is low .
    I have wireless broadband and landline phone also house alarm . Been reading that you can set up a system to record online ?
    Again I dont know anything about this , can anyone advise me on make , and set up , and where to get please and how much ? Thanks .

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK. We could probably do with a bit more information. CCTV is a massive market.
    How small is your budget?
    When you say you have wireless broadband, do you mean a wireless provider like Imagine etc? or 3g dongle.
    When you say record online do you mean view online via PC or phone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

Howdy
    Don't know where you live, rural/urban. But We had a small problem some years ago with dogs being poisoned, Rural area, so I went to an electronics shop and bought a video card for my pc, a few cheap cameras and set it up myself. Not that difficult if you can follow the manuals. One decent camera, around 145 Euros, the others were about 20 each, and there you go. Look it up on the Net, it is effective, I can tell when the kids Actually come home !! see foxes and other critturs as well. Hope this helps. They are relatively in-obtrusive, but that may not be what you want !

Advertisement