Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B of I business customer charges to rise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I agree, thats just nasty, but they did announce a loss of 2.1 BILLION this morning.

As a business, they will charge more to make money and it will ultimately be passed onto the consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Indo404

Why not start by looking at their own costs instead (the easy option) of charging customers:
    "Twenty four Bank of Ireland (BoI) executives are in receipt of salaries of more than €400,000 a year, the Minister for Finance has said.

Michael Noonan also told the Dáil that 193 of the bank’s senior officials were on salaries of more than €150,000.

Eighty four have annual pay of between €150,000 and €199,000 and a further 66 are earning up to €299,000and 19 receive annual wages of between €300,000 and €399,000."
    from: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1115/breaking52.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Indo404 wrote: »
    No competition between banks any more :( They can charge what they like. In other EU countries no extra charge for international payments.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2013/0304/1224330751900.html

Germany is about the worst I've experienced. You get charged for absolutely everything.

Even going to an ATM in a different city with the same bank e.g. Sparkasse, incurs an extra fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Their charges are pure robbery :mad:

They really dont care about their customers.

Were basically paying for the sponsorship of Leinster and Ulster rugby and banker bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

mikeym wrote: »

Were basically paying for the sponsorship of Leinster and Ulster rugby and banker bonuses.

They're simply passing on the cost of a service. Current accounts were formerly loss leaders, not any longer. Given the Banks are state owned I think its fair enough the people who use a service pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

"What is the crime of robbing a bank compared to the crime of founding one?" (Berthold Brech, 1931 IIRC)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

So its fair that people who have less than €3000 in their current have to pay these charges. These are probably people on low paid jobs.

Its f***ing snobbery thats what it is. I dont mind paying a small charge thats reasonable and fair but its completly unfair :mad:

Ye must be earning lots of money to be worried about bank charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

So its fair that people who have less than €3000 in their current have to pay these charges. These are probably people on low paid jobs.

Its f***ing snobbery thats what it is. I dont mind paying a small charge thats reasonable and fair but its completly unfair :mad:

Ye must be earning lots of money to be worried about bank charges.

I think you're mixing up a charity with a business.

Advertisement