Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route for WAR Glendalough run

Options
  • 04-03-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can some body give me the directions/route for the Djouce run section
    I parked opposite Lough Tay and ran up the track to the left onto the sleepers.
    The run I did and the website picture differ. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Looking at the Djouce run course here, run the loop anti clockwise.
    From car park, run straigh up the main path, and take left at the Y junction, approx 1km from start.

Lat year, you'll only hit the slippers for approx 1.5km, coming down from Djouce, and then vire off to the left at the gate (located in a sort of small valley). Looks like this year, runners are staying on slippers, passing by JB Malone memorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

911sc wrote: »
    Looking at the Djouce run course here, run the loop anti clockwise.
    From car park, run straigh up the main path, and take left at the Y junction, approx 1km from start.

Lat year, you'll only hit the slippers for approx 1.5km, coming down from Djouce, and then vire off to the left at the gate (located in a sort of small valley). Looks like this year, runners are staying on slippers, passing by JB Malone memorial.

Sound I think I have it now. Keep right at the Y junction you mean??
    I know the path I was going over the top of Djouce and running round the mountain.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Keep right at the Y junction you mean??
    we are not talking about the same Y junction.
    you are correct , keep right at the first one, the obvious one on the map..
    There is another one (does not really show on the map) further on where you keep to your left, right would bring you to car park / cycle track at bottom of Ballinastoe wood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

No discussion of this race is allowed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement