Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond: Two Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any word on what type of game this is? Sorry if shown in that trailer but can't view it at work. Is it QTE based like Heavy Rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks to be QTE based like Heavy Rain alright. Here is a vid of gameplay if you get a chance to have a look at it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g1bahr/beyond--two-souls-gc-2012--sandbox-walkthrough--cam-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Here's a trailer prior to the event.

Hi everyone, today we’re excited to unveil the first of our four part Making Of series for upcoming PS3 title BEYOND: Two Souls.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/09/behind-the-scenes-of-beyond-two-souls-the-origins/

Only two months to go - looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Very interested to see how this goes.

I enjoyed Heavy Rain as it was a decent story that integrated well into a game for the most part but there was just too much padding. Whole sections of 'gameplay' that would have been better off as just cut scenes or left out entirely. I don't mind if they help move the story along or develop the characters but there was too much unneccessary padding with basic player interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That 'making of' looked incredible. This and GTA V could hold off the PS4 until the new year for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That 'making of' looked incredible. This and GTA V could hold off the PS4 until the new year for me.

It does look good but I can't help feeling it'll be a mess.

The trailer they showed in E3 showed a lot more content I wish it hadn't but it also showed that the story seems huge and going by Heavy Rains story, I'm a little worried by that.

Love the trailer music though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

does anyone else find ellen paige weird :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

does anyone else find ellen paige weird :confused:

Only if you've seen Hard Candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ellen Page gives me wet dreams :pac:

Can't wait for this!

Hi everyone. Today we can unveil the second of our four part ‘Making of’ series for upcoming PS3 adventure BEYOND: Two Souls

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/07/23/beyond-two-souls-gameplay-detailed-in-new-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'm very interested in this. Heavy Rain had some good ideas with so-so execution imo but I tend to let it off on a sort of "first attempt" kind of thing. Hopefully, this is a chance to refine some of the things that weren't so good about it and make a more compelling game.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I saw some gameplay footage on youtube recently, it looks very impressive indeed.

Everyone keeps comparing it to Heavy Rain, a game I was not impressed with at all, found it boring and lacking in actual gameplay.

Difficult to judge Beyond Two Souls just by looking at trailers, but some of the gameplay footage shown is impressive. I just hope it has a lot of it in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Did anybody else enter and 'win' a place to attend the Odeon on Harcourt Street on Wednesday next from 12-2pm to get an early look at Beyond: Two Souls as well as getting to play some of it, along with a bit of a talk from Guillaume de Fondaumière who will be in attendance...?

mystic86 wrote: »
    Did anybody else enter and 'win' a place to attend the Odeon on Harcourt Street on Wednesday next from 12-2pm to get an early look at Beyond: Two Souls as well as getting to play some of it, along with a bit of a talk from Guillaume de Fondaumière who will be in attendance...?

No response :)

OK let's try the next question - anybody interested in going to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just pre-ordered the Special Edition on Amazon, although both versions are unavailable at the moment. The Special Edition includes:

Exclusive steel book premium packaging
    Additional playable scene (30 mins gameplay)
    Behind the scenes videos
    Game soundtrack
    PS3 Dynamic Theme
    PSN Avatar Bundle

When they were available on Amazon, both the standard and special edition were the same price; even GameStop only has the special edition as €5 more expensive. Pretty good value, actually

I'm really looking forward to this. I loved Heavy Rain, and I'm hoping the popularity of The Walking Dead might earn it a few more people willing to give it a try

It was available when I ordered it. Great price for it and I just hope the soundtrack includes the music from the trailers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A friend of mine talked to the guys from Quantic Dream and apparently they have taken on the criticism of Heavy Rain. Getting a bit more hopeful about this game.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A friend of mine talked to the guys from Quantic Dream and apparently they have taken on the criticism of Heavy Rain. Getting a bit more hopeful about this game.

That is good to hear. Still wish they hadn't revealed so much with the trailers.

You make your friend sound so important.

I spoke to 'Quantic Dream' too, asked some questions of my own.

But I certainly wouldn't hang on every claim they make during their publicity tour.

The proof will be in the pudding. Not that I had an issue with Heavy Rain, I loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Daemos wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered the Special Edition on Amazon, although both versions are unavailable at the moment. The Special Edition includes:

Exclusive steel book premium packaging
    Additional playable scene (30 mins gameplay)
    Behind the scenes videos
    Game soundtrack
    PS3 Dynamic Theme
    PSN Avatar Bundle

When they were available on Amazon, both the standard and special edition were the same price; even GameStop only has the special edition as €5 more expensive. Pretty good value, actually

I'm really looking forward to this. I loved Heavy Rain, and I'm hoping the popularity of The Walking Dead might earn it a few more people willing to give it a try

Thanks for making that informative post, I actually just ordered the Special Edition myself a few minutes ago on the Gamestop website. Got it for €59.97 + €2 for postage.

I know I wont get it for launch day, probably the following monday, but I don't mind. I am looking forward to this game.

Oh and its my first time that I have ever pre-ordered a game and not only that, the first time I will be getting the special edition of a game. :)

That 30mins extra gameplay scene is what made me get it, and its only €5 more, which as you said, ain't that bad :)

mystic86 wrote: »
    You make your friend sound so important.

I spoke to 'Quantic Dream' too, asked some questions of my own.

But I certainly wouldn't hang on every claim they make during their publicity tour.

The proof will be in the pudding. Not that I had an issue with Heavy Rain, I loved that game.

He's not, just writes news and reviews for games and movies for a variety of publications which means he gets to interview these guys face to face.

I had loads of problems with Heavy Rain, most had to do with the poor quality of its writing so the fact that the guys at Quantic Dream are acknowledging this as a problem gives hope that they'll do something about it and therefore make a better game.

He's not, just writes news and reviews for games and movies for a variety of publications which means he gets to interview these guys face to face.

I had loads of problems with Heavy Rain, most had to do with the poor quality of its writing so the fact that the guys at Quantic Dream are acknowledging this as a problem gives hope that they'll do something about it and therefore make a better game.

I've been watching and reading lots of interviews, articles etc about this game and I went to a talk they gave in Dublin recently and not once have I heard them suggest that story writing was an issue for them, it comes across like they pride themselves on it.

They just seem to want to become more expansive in the settings and the reach of their stories and iterate on the emotional connections by the technology they are using on Page and Dafoe.

Well it wasn't the talk in Dublin that my friend met them, he interviewed them over in their development offices and got a tour. You can dictate how an interview goes where as a PR talk you just get what they want to tell you.

Well it wasn't the talk in Dublin that my friend met them, he interviewed them over in their development offices and got a tour. You can dictate how an interview goes where as a PR talk you just get what they want to tell you.

Surely admitting they saw a failing and have gone about addressing it is a good thing that you would want to tell people?

Apart from the stuff that I said in my previous post that they seemed to be saying.

Got a link to this interview or article?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

It's good to hear that they took the criticism regarding the writing on board but I think stuff like that is bound to improve as the team get more experienced. Having the likes of Defoe and Page on board will probably help too, I can't imagine them wanting to be associated with a B-movie script like Heavy Rain had.

• Advertisement

Advertisement