Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond: Two Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

C14N wrote: »
    I'm very interested in this. Heavy Rain had some good ideas with so-so execution imo but I tend to let it off on a sort of "first attempt" kind of thing. Hopefully, this is a chance to refine some of the things that weren't so good about it and make a more compelling game.
    I saw Heavy Rain as a somewhat poor expansion on Fahrenheit. I still have high hopes for Beyond, but I haven't been watching much on it. Want it to be new to me in the playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Budget for this game revealed to be 20 million euro, 20% increase compared to Heavy Rain...

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/09/21/beyond-two-souls-production-budget-revealed-to-be-27-million-dollars/56356/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

mystic86 wrote: »
    Budget for this game revealed to be 20 million euro, 20% increase compared to Heavy Rain...

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/09/21/beyond-two-souls-production-budget-revealed-to-be-27-million-dollars/56356/

That doesn't actually sound like that much to me, not when it's hot on the heels of GTA 5 costing over 10 times that amount and when they managed to get two major Hollywood actors in lead roles.

The demo for this game will be up on the store next week, on Wednesday 1st October.

For PS Plus users in the US, they can access that demo early - from today.

I'm not sure if PS Plus subscribers in the EU will get early access tomorrow with the store update or not.

BUT, for those who have a US PSN account (if you don't note that it's easily done) you can get immediate access to the demo by going to gamestop facebook page, liking the page, and entering email address:

https://www.facebook.com/GameStop?sk=app_174961479209942&app_data=submitted-1

Enjoy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently this is definitely getting censored in the EU due to violence. However it's also getting censored in the US for nudity. WTF?

I might hold out and see if there's an uncensored Korean version, they usually come in English, and get that from play asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Its like the age rating on games dont matter anymore

Whats the point of it when germany and america dictates whats allowed or not. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sounds like it's only 1 scene though which goes on for 5 -10 seconds worth of gameplay.

I'd be pretty surprised if it affected the story that much.

Just finished the demo there

Its very good , engine they are using is amazing and further makes me wonder why we need next gen systems .

Only problems i have are i dunno what qte events i am suppose to do in what direction without a button displaying telling me so.

When it looks like shes moving left shes going right and when jumping over something but instinct is pressing up you are suppose to press down

Very confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its like the age rating on games dont matter anymore

Whats the point of it when germany and america dictates whats allowed or not. :mad:

It's the developers, they want a 15 and 16 PEGI rating, but these scenes would make the game a PEGI 18 and they feel that will limit sales. If CD wanted to release an 18s rated game they could have it all in.

• Advertisement

It's the developers, they want a 15 and 16 PEGI rating, but these scenes would make the game a PEGI 18 and they feel that will limit sales. If CD wanted to release an 18s rated game they could have it all in.

It's definitely not the developers but the pencil pushing marketing guys that think it will generate a few extra sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I wonder what constitutes "some more extreme instances of violence." - Link - Dammit, now I want to play THAT version...

I don't think a lower age rating will boost sales. Little Timmy would probably bleat in his mother's ear more if it was 18+! Then again, Germany is a little odd with its system and who knows what's going on with Australia where 18s games can still be banned.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The problem with Oz is that they don't have a rating for games above 15s, so anything that doesn't make it for that rating either needs to be cut, or gets banned

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

COYVB wrote: »
    The problem with Oz is that they don't have a rating for games above 15s, so anything that doesn't make it for that rating either needs to be cut, or gets banned
    Really? Thats strange to say the least. They'd need to wake up and revise their current age rating system.

Backfire wrote: »
    Really? Thats strange to say the least. They'd need to wake up and revise their current age rating system.

It was stupid but the rating system has since been revised and they have 18+ rated games now.

I'm hoping maybe the Korean version of the game will be uncut, Korean versions are usually in English.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am fundamentally against censorship, but the US censorship can cut out some of the ridiculous and pointless gratuitous nudity that Quantic Dream seem to mistake for provocative and mature content, it might actually be a beneficial thing.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It was stupid but the rating system has since been revised and they have 18+ rated games now.

Just read that now actually, they implemented it in Jan this year... took their time!

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Brilliant.

I am no genius but I am going to presume there is a bit of photo editing going on there :)

Still funny though.

Review embargo doesn't lift until 4pm tomorrow, when the game will already be out in the shops a few hours in America... More often than not it's not a good sign when this happens :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Review embargo doesn't lift until 4pm tomorrow, when the game will already be out in the shops a few hours in America... More often than not it's not a good sign when this happens :-(

I have a feeling it will get a lot of mixed reviews. I have the special edition payed off for, even if the reviews were coming in at 6's or 7's, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this game. Loved their last 3 games.

I don't think it's as bad a sign as you're thinking it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

COYVB wrote: »
    I don't think it's as bad a sign as you're thinking it is :)

That's all I needed to hear :P

Anyway. I've the special edition pre ordered and from what I heard a lot of people liked it at Eurogamer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

do you guys think you will be able to buy the extra scene that comes with the special edition as a DLC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

etxp wrote: »
    do you guys think you will be able to buy the extra scene that comes with the special edition as a DLC?
    Probably, that's what they did with Heavy Rain

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Consensus seems to be labelling it as a poorly written, derivative slice of overreaching and misguided mediocrity where the successes are sullied by a myriad of failures.

Sounds exactly like a Quantic Dream game then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Advertisement

6/10 from eurogamer

if i am to judge it by the demo it still a poorly written game , a project that thrives itself from being a interactive story than a videogame , david cage just should never write a script.

also the controls are poor , i do not know what direction i am suppose to go into due to the camera angles.

Advertisement