Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about your Au Pair experience in France?

Options
  • 04-03-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Bonjour :D

I am a French Woman who lived 6 months in Ireland as an Au pair. It was a great experience and I really improved my conversational English. It was nice to cook Irish dishes, to notice that shops are open on Sundays and so cute to see children wearing uniforms :) . I just missed cheese a lot lol.

I remember a funny day when one of the children lost her teeth and she wanted to give it to the fairies (near a tree)... In France, when we are young we usually hide our teeth under our pillow and we wait for "the little mouse" to give us money to buy candy.

I was curious to know what Irish Au pairs think about their experience in France ? What was funny to discover in a French Family? What was less convenient ( I guess shops closed on Sundays)?

Thanks for sharing and sorry about my written English
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement