Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPURS V LIVERPOOL - Anfield 10/3/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Livermore is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

this is gonna be a nervy ten mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tippspur wrote: »
    Livermore is dreadful.

Never rated him and today is another example of why. Don't believe I've ever seen him do anything worthwhile.

Suarez doesn't dive guys honestly.

Embarrassing.

bollix did someone hit the ****in self destruct button!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Finally he's off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

f off livermore -holtby to save the day please

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Its like playing with 10 men with Defoe

ah **** it avb out avb out! lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I missed the entire 2nd half. Would it be safe to say that we were in control until Walker's brain-fart? Shocking if true and it's such a shame as I thought he was really coming along in the last few games.

I've seen that penalty 5 times now and everytime it looks more and more like a dive.

Then Suarez pulled his hand away from Parker as he tried to shake his hand... Suarez doesn't do himself any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We were in control of the game until Walker ****ed up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

All I can think of it, You're Welcome! that's how you lose a game without your opponents doing anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Walker & Defoe gifted that game to Liverpool, can't blame Lloris or BAE. At 2-1 we were cruising.

What did Defoe do?

SuprSi wrote: »
    What did Defoe do?

Chested it and volleyed it back into the danger area, where Suarez got it and dropped to the ground to win the penalty.

Defoe screwed up and Suarez dived! Not sure who was worse.

Anyway never expected us to even get one point in this game. Just glad it's out of the way and hopefully nobody injured. Hammer Fulham next week while im there would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

SuprSi wrote: »
    What did Defoe do?

Instead of controlling the ball, launched it back into our box, Benny panicked, Saurez took a dive.... http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/steven-gerrard-puts-liverpool-3-2-up-v-spurs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I'd rather see Livermore at QPR. His first fcuking instinct is to go backwards than forward. Its like playing with 10 men.

Cheers - absolutely shocking from Defoe, what was he thinking?!! There was contact but not enough to knock Suarez over. Still, two once-in-a-season mistakes from Defoe and Walker throw the game away. It's so important to bounce back next Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Can somebody please explain how we lost that game today? Were in cruise control at 2-1! Absolutely sickened

Thats 2 big defeats on merseyside now where it looked like we would be picking up 6 points.

Fulham huge next week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tumblr_m4i8gwxpAB1r7i36c.jpg

Chelsea drew. Extra game on their calendar now. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Double wammy for spurs fans really. As well as losing, we've got to go to work tomorrow. Not something many liverpool fans have to worry about. And the basturds get their dole on Tuesday. Ah this shiotes not right.

lads, lets chill before it gets too heated, we ****ed up - any team could have beaten us in the way that we lost today - take it on the chin and move on.

lads, lets chill before it gets too heated, we ****ed up - any team could have beaten us in the way that we lost today - take it on the chin and move on.

Exactly. Most of us would have been chuffed with a draw so all we've really missed out on is 1 point. I know having been ahead we should have had more, but we could easily go on another unbeaten run from here on in. We simply must beat Fulham next weekend though - the Inter game needs to be properly prioritised by AVB, behind Sunday's game.

aramush wrote: »
    Steady on boys, wound up too easily.

It's the manner of the defeatI think. Being ahead and in control only to lose because of stupid and completely avoidable mistakes is painful. Emotions are bound to be high :o

aramush wrote: »
    Steady on boys, wound up too easily.

It's hard to take losing to a ****e side;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Morgans

Spurs fan.

Thought we couldnt cope with the speed of Liverpool in the first half. Livermore and Parker too slow as a midfield partnership.

Got lucky to get back into the game with the first goal.

Very good for the first twenty minutes of the second half and deservedly leading.

Sigurdson's chance was to kill it off.

There were a couple of outrageous back-passes to Lloris in the first half (when unable to cope with Liverpool's pressing) and it was a disasterous attempt from Walker. Unlucky to have it deflect off Downing.

Thought it was a definite penalty.

Had we held on to the three points could nearly start celebrating.

Defoe and Livermore not good enough for Champions league team. We are a Suarez away from challenging from the title.

Vertonghen is really growing into a player. Lloris as well. Need a striker bad.

Advertisement