Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPURS V LIVERPOOL - Anfield 10/3/13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

It's hard to take losing to a ****e side;)

Typical. Win against the big sides then mess this up. We don't like trips to Liverpool. Then again who does!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Watching that dive from Suarez again. At no point does BAE make contact which would cause Suarez's legs to drop like that. Either he's got the worst balance in the world or he's dived.

Also reading that Liverpool thread I'm delighted I don't have posting rights. Bale dived to get that freekick for the first goal? He was facing the other way, Gerrard hit him hard on the back of the head when he wasn't expecting it. Whether it was a freekick or not it doesn't matter he was hit hard unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

irishmover wrote: »
    Watching that dive from Suarez again. At no point does BAE make contact which would cause Suarez's legs to drop like that. Either he's got the worst balance in the world or he's dived.

Also reading that Liverpool thread I'm delighted I don't have posting rights. Bale dived to get that freekick for the first goal? He was facing the other way, Gerrard hit him hard on the back of the head when he wasn't expecting it. Whether it was a freekick or not it doesn't matter he was hit hard unexpectedly.

Ah come on my friend, Gerrard won the ball for the first "foul" against Bale, it should never have been given. He should expect those contests in the air. As for the second "foul" that lead to Spurs second, it never was. Its comical that a Spur's fan can be critical of Suarez. But you must let all the tension out some way :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

davycc wrote: »
    great game for the bindippers/neutrals but we blew it

You really are an embarrassment to the decent Spurs fans who frequent the SF tbf. As I eluded to in the matchthread, I know the odd kid who hates Liverpool and would use that term. A child!
    Your kidding me right? Enjoy your cup final win. The ****e that is spouted on that liverpool thread is unbelievable. A lot of you lot still think ye will get 4th. Delusional. Go back to the 80s fella

A lot? Not an ounce of being OTT in that comment, no siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You're right, off the pitch he seems like a nice guy, but on the pitch he most certainly is a despicable character, a really unpleasant, unlikeable player who does himself no favours. But there's no denying his quality and that finish for the 1st goal was lovely - h'e s a brilliant striker and you're also right, if he was at Spurs we'd probabaly be challening for 1st!!

• Advertisement

aramush wrote: »
    Ah come on my friend, Gerrard won the ball for the first "foul" against Bale, it should never have been given. He should expect those contests in the air. As for the second "foul" that lead to Spurs second, it never was. Its comical that a Spur's fan can be critical of Suarez. But you must let all the tension out some way :)

Yeh so we can agree the referee was ****e then? Liverpool were lucky but maybe it was overdue but seriously watch BAE's challenge on Suarez. Nothing in it and Suarez went for a swim. How he fell was as unnatural as bale holding his face after being tipped by Lucas.

As I said whether it was a freekick or not for Gerrards header it doesn't matter. Liverpool fans are stating he dived, but he didn't. The difference between that and Suarez going to ground was that there was actual contact made which could have hurt Bale, as I said, unexpectedly. You think Bale dropped to the ground looking for a free kick there? He went down coz he wasn't expecting anyone to hit their forehead off the back of his head. I've seen it happen time and time again and all players go down but sometimes referees give/don't give it.

He did get hit on the chin by Lucas but was completely innocuous and to be fair far too many players go down like Bale did. He needs to kick it out of his game as going to ground like that is stupid.

Shame Liverpool fans think Suarez is a saint when he's as bad as Bale, and arguably worse. Everytime I watch Liverpool Suarez is either scoring or rolling on the ground. He's having a great season for Liverpool, I believe he's shy of being involved in 58% of Liverpools goals this season (therefore Liverpool by far more a one man team than Spurs but lets not get into that). But he needs to get rid of that ridiculous diving image that most fans without rose tinted glasses can see.

Just like Bale. Unfortunately every club has players like that. Its irritating.

Anyway as I said. Never even expected a point from this game so prediction for the season is still sound for now.

SuprSi wrote: »
    You're right, off the pitch he seems like a nice guy, but on the pitch he most certainly is a despicable character, a really unpleasant, unlikeable player who does himself no favours. But there's no denying his quality and that finish for the 1st goal was lovely - h'e s a brilliant striker and you're also right, if he was at Spurs we'd probabaly be challening for 1st!!

One of those, if he's at your club you love him type players for sure alright. Probably how Bale is for you lot.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    One of those, if he's at your club you love him type players for sure alright. Probably how Bale is for you lot.

Well not really, Bale does silly things and dives often. Wish he'd kick it out of his game as its a bad image for the club when we've had honest players like Klinsmann and Ginola at the club! Don't like players diving no matter who they play for and Suarez is another example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, will yis ever give it up with the bitching etc etc... not in the humour of deleting posts and replying to PM's etc..

Disgusted we thew that away. I thought we were looking very comfortable at 2-1, but a combination of Walker, Lloris, Defoe and BAE and we blew it. I'd be claiming a penalty if it was up our end so no complaints about that one.

What's the crack with all the livermore bashing again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Do Liverpool fans come on here to gloat?

If we got shut of our 2 FBs and got in a world class striker we'd be in the run for the title.

Back passes!!

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »

He was rubbish again. Offered nothing again. It's less effective playing Parker and Livermore together than playing Parker and Sandro together. Neither combination offers anything.

Can you tell of a time when Livermore actually done anything worthwhile or had a good game? He's not even close to good enough for a Champions League team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't think the Pool fans came here to gloat tbh, they're probably just curious to see how we reacted and what we thought of the game.

galinka wrote: »

If we got shut of our 2 FBs and got in a world class striker we'd be in the run for the title.

Back passes!!

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle I suppose.....fully agree mate but just gotta work with what we have, hopefully it' enough to finish in the top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

He's brutal hatch. He's never done anything ever of note for us. Not good enough for Spurs.

He was rubbish again. Offered nothing again. It's less effective playing Parker and Livermore together than playing Parker and Sandro together. Neither combination offers anything.

Can you tell of a time when Livermore actually done anything worthwhile or had a good game? He's not even close to good enough for a Champions League team.

What do you mean 'again' ? He has hardly played so when else has he been rubbish recently ? If we win 2-1, fellas would say him and parker did well, and it was a great performance, but 3 or 4 other fellas makes a balls of it, but it's Livermore who gets the stick ?

He's brutal hatch. He's never done anything ever of note for us. Not good enough for Spurs.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he's not brutal....anyway we'll agree to disagree.

galinka wrote: »

Back passes!!

I didn't come in the gloat, as said above, was just curious. Draw was the fair result overall I feel.

I actually quite like Spurs in a footballing sense (Bale's antics aside) and have always done so for many years. If anyone has read the SF over the past two years, I've been praising Villas Boas very early doors into his managerial career and was gutted when Chelsea and then you guys snapped him up as he was my first choice for the past two years. I'm certainly curious to see how he gets on tbh and personally, I hope he sticks it to the detractors of his first season while in charge of Chelsea where he like so many stood no chance.

Likewise with players Spurs have signed in recent times, stings seeing so many players I've recommended for a long time now being signed up by you guys :pac:

Had to reply to that beyond pathetic bindipper comment though from yer man. As I said, really childish stuff.

What do you mean 'again' ? He has hardly played so when else has he been rubbish recently ? If we win 2-1, fellas would say him and parker did well, and it was a great performance, but 3 or 4 other fellas makes a balls of it, but it's Livermore who gets the stick ?

He's played 16 times this season alone for Spurs. Not a single game did I think 'he played well' and I've been paying attention to his performances to see if I actually could find a time where I thought he did a good job. He was rubbish last season but still seen people on here say he's been doing well and defending him.

Just because he's not at fault for the goals doesn't mean he's had a good game? I was saying to my dad at half time he's been our weakest link and it didnt change in tje second half regardless of the scoreline. As I said he offered nothing at all either defensively or offensively. He's one of those players who I ponder what their role actually is.

He's played 16 times this season alone for Spurs. Not a single game did I think 'he played well' and I've been paying attention to his performances to see if I actually could find a time where I thought he did a good job. He was rubbish last season but still seen people on here say he's been doing well and defending him.

Just because he's not at fault for the goals doesn't mean he's had a good game? I was saying to my dad at half time he's been our weakest link and it didnt change in tje second half regardless of the scoreline. As I said he offered nothing at all either defensively or offensively. He's one of those players who I ponder what their role actually is.

How many has he started ? I'll hazard a guess that maybe 85/90% of those 16 appearances have been off the bench ! If you think he offered nothing whatsoever today defensively, then we must have watched a different game. Like I have said several times, he's no world beater, but the way he gets slaughtered on here ahead of others is laughable.

How many has he started ? I'll hazard a guess that maybe 85/90% of those 16 appearances have been off the bench ! If you think he offered nothing whatsoever today defensively, then we must have watched a different game. Like I have said several times, he's no world beater, but the way he gets slaughtered on here ahead of others is laughable.

I rarely ever see anything but positivity on here about Livermore. Maybe I just miss alot of posts I dunno..

Him and Parker should never play together it's far too negative. Our tactics were far too narrow with Lennon injured. One of those times when I wish Townsend was still there. Sort of game where he may have been needed to allow us to still have the shape we've had with Lennon.

Forgot to mention. Dembele played fantastically. I believe that's the first time I've thought that in 2013.

• Advertisement

I rarely ever see anything but positivity on here about Livermore. Maybe I just miss alot of posts I dunno..

Him and Parker should never play together it's far too negative. Our tactics were far too narrow with Lennon injured. One of those times when I wish Townsend was still there. Sort of game where he may have been needed to allow us to still have the shape we've had with Lennon.

Forgot to mention. Dembele played fantastically. I believe that's the first time I've thought that in 2013.

The tactics were fine.For 65 minutes, it had gone perfectly, liverpool never looked like threatening, but we blew it with stupid mistakes, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You really are an embarrassment to the decent Spurs fans who frequent the SF tbf. As I eluded to in the matchthread, I know the odd kid who hates Liverpool and would use that term. A child.

I only found out what it meant today in a PM from Frisbee.
    I always thought it was just another way of saying scouser like.:o.

dont get yer knickers in a twist its an honest mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Have to agree that Livermore is a waste of space... Definition of an average footballer and not good enough for a place on our bench. Walker for all his promise can be a naffing liability at times. He has real concentration issues and his positioning can be piss poor. Lets hope he can improve on those aspects of his game like Kaboul did. Tbh I'd get shot of our two full backs if i could. Think there is better out there for not unreasonable money.

The tactics were fine.For 65 minutes, it had gone perfectly, liverpool never looked like threatening, but we blew it with stupid mistakes, simple as.

I don't agree they never looked like threatening. The first half I thought they were slightly the better team. We had nothing going on the right side of the pitch though. No Lennon there to help out defensively and as I said felt Livermore offered nothing going forward.

We lost one offensive player and width for this match. I believe we could have gotten a result if Lennon was playing instead of Livermore. But I guess if's and but's don't get results!

Livermore offered nothing going forward.

!

It wasn't his job to offer anything going forward, we had dembele sig, bale and defoe to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

It wasn't his job to offer anything going forward, we had dembele sig, bale and defoe to do that.

He didn't offer anything going the other way either. Cause of the first goal imo

Exactly so we played a second ball winner (guessing thats what his role is supposed to be?) losing width and an offensive player. That was my point.

Taking sentences out of context doesn't help this discussion when I thought I cleared it up in the second paragraph that we lost an offensive player for Livermore.

Exactly so we played a second ball winner (guessing thats what his role is supposed to be?) losing width and an offensive player. That was my point.

Taking sentences out of context doesn't help this discussion when I thought I cleared it up in the second paragraph that we lost an offensive player for Livermore.

Of course we lost an offensive player for livermore, but so what, what's wrong with that ? The managers job is to pick who he wants, and if he wants to pick 2 defensive players, fair play to him, after all we were playing a Liverpool team who were fresher than us, and were in a good run of results. He wanted to keep things a little tighter in the middle no doubt, and it worked bar some shocking mistakes from other individuals.

Going around in circles, will agree to disagree.

Ha apparently Suarez himself said he doesn't think it was a penalty. Not sure what's worse, diving or admitting it!

Haven't seen his interview or quote though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

davycc wrote: »
    I only found out what it meant today in a PM from Frisbee.
    I always thought it was just another way of saying scouser like.:o.

I thought it was binliners :o

Advertisement