Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPURS V LIVERPOOL - Anfield 10/3/13

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

All in all, I dunno who I was more annoyed with - the team and their mistakes that cost us the game or myself - myself for getting too cocky and falling for it all over again. 25 years since I started supporting them as a kid, seen more false dawns then you could shake a stick at and like a fool I thought I could go to Anfield and sit with the home fans and it would be okay, we'd win or draw - never again. Good ole spurs - just when you thought you could rely on them, they let you down a bag full. Will I ever learn.

I think I know how you feel. 25 yrs ago I was 25. We all want this 4th spot so much, for many reasons. We know how good this team is but we are used to being let down. There is a chance that Spurs won't qualify for CL and lots of follow on negative events. This is scaring the sheet out of the lot of us. We are panicking. But we have to remember this is a very good team, even with lack of striker form considered. I think the mistakes made sunday will concentrate minds and I trust AVB to get us back on track immediately. Very little thought will be given to this game when we qualify for CL come May. I have seen a lot of good and bad in previous Spurs teams. I am not usually over-optimistic with spurs(experience has thought me), but this is the best Spurs side I have ever seen and we are better than the opposition in CL battle. As long as the team holds its nerve and doesn't panic like the rest of us all will be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah, your probably right. I think we will bouce back fine.
    Not too worried about the inter milan game. As long as we progress, that's the main thing. I'd be worried if we conceded a few sloppy goal though. The team might start getting nervous/anxious ahead of the fulham game and thats one game we cannot afford to lose right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Tell you something else for nothing.

Over the last few years, Liverpool fans - much like ourselves haven't had much to cheer about. (perhaps we have had a bit more to cheer - 1st CL appearance etc). Anyway, I've never rubbed it in their faces when we've had the better of them in recent seasons and I'd generally side with a Liverpool fans over United fans when it comes to football arguments and debates but the way some of them have been carrying on since Sunday you'd think they just beaten their greatest rivals or something.

If beating spurs 3-2 is the highlight of their season then good luck to them. Reading loads of comments on social network sites about Liverpool been much better then spurs, about us punching above our weights, us been only a slightly better then average team etc. Do they live in the real world at all? As for Saurez, Well I'm fairly on board with the United fans on this guy from now on. Absolute cheating scumbag he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I honestly don't like Liverpool fans more than I don't like United fans. Maybe it's coz my brother and sister in law are big Liverpool fans I don't know.. But it's unbelievable reading some of the stuff they write after a win like that and how they completely omit the fact that Suarez is an awful scumbag on the pitch. I mean, he wound up Dembele and Parker. Two players I would have said always are level headed. It would have had to have taken alot to wind them up and then seeing the MOTD2 coverage of Suarez throughout the match just showed why they were wound up, and rightly so. Everything he did he did intentionally. It irritates me how Liverpool fans refuse to admit that Suarez is a scumbag. Bale isn't as bad a Suarez, the only thing the two have in common is that they both go down far far too easily. Bale I don't believe I've ever seen do stupid things like Suarez does, in terms of obvious mailicious tackles. As my dad said watching the highlights 'he's an awful hateful scumbag'. Could do with his goals tally though.

Anyway just glad we don't have to meet them again for a long time. Hopefully they finish just one point above Arsenal in 5th place with Spurs 3rd. Really hope this game was meaningless for our outcome of the season. Game v inter Thursday is a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

In the greater scheme of things Sunday was ok. They completely outplayed us at the Lane for 0 points, we deserved something on Sunday.

Call it karma. We'd be a point worse off had both games finished level is the way I look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

golfball37 wrote: »
    In the greater scheme of things Sunday was ok. They completely outplayed us at the Lane for 0 points, we deserved something on Sunday.

Call it karma. We'd be a point worse off had both games finished level is the way I look at it.

Fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Gutted with the loss. We'll move on though, whatever state the clubs are in atm we played 3 European giants in 8 days, looking good for CL and pretty much into the quarters of the EL, we beat 2 of them and one of those 2 were Arsenal, not bad going in my book.

As for Livermore, he's an average player. Thought his positioning was awful around the middle of the park but he's a good squad player. Don't see why people would want him to move on. He's a good option for 3rd DM.

As for the rest of the teams performance, I thought Bale was quite poor, didn't really offer much. Dembele was an animal, perhaps it was due to both Livermore and Parker playing as he had the licence to roam forward (we have a use for Livermore!!). He literally seemed to be walking around players. Made shíte of Lucas especially. Lloris was also good his blunder aside, which was completely Walker's fault. I actually thought he had quite a decent game (Walker, that is). Our only bad player was Defoe imo, he was fcuking anonymous. At least Ade can hold up the play and bring others into the game.

All in all I was quite disappointed, but it should do nothing more than take 3 points from us. Can't see morale dropping at all after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

The Pool fans did go a bit wild Sunday. That is a big compliment to us even though compliment is the last thing they intended.

Deep down some/many pool fans believe they are still a big club who are just on a little break from winning European and English trophy's. They had no joy against the big sides this season and their little break is becoming a little longer. This belief that they are still a big side who wins stuff is beginning to slip imo. So when Liverpool beat Spurs on Sunday it helps them to re-enforce their belief, " We are still a big club".

Going off thread for a moment even though we shot ourselves in the foot Sunday 3/1 was a really good price for us to win. Does this show that maybe the bookies still look at pool as a big club?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

THFC wrote: »
    Gutted with the loss. We'll move on though, whatever state the clubs are in atm we played 3 European giants in 8 days, looking good for CL and pretty much into the quarters of the EL, we beat 2 of them and one of those 2 were Arsenal, not bad going in my book.

As for Livermore, he's an average player. Thought his positioning was awful around the middle of the park but he's a good squad player. Don't see why people would want him to move on. He's a good option for 3rd DM.

As for the rest of the teams performance, I thought Bale was quite poor, didn't really offer much. Dembele was an animal, perhaps it was due to both Livermore and Parker playing as he had the licence to roam forward (we have a use for Livermore!!). He literally seemed to be walking around players. Made shíte of Lucas especially. Lloris was also good his blunder aside, which was completely Walker's fault. I actually thought he had quite a decent game (Walker, that is). Our only bad player was Defoe imo, he was fcuking anonymous. At least Ade can hold up the play and bring others into the game.

All in all I was quite disappointed, but it should do nothing more than take 3 points from us. Can't see morale dropping at all after that.

Spot on about Livermore, he isn't a very good player but if he was he wouldn't be our 4th choice midfielder and if he was he would probably wanna leave.

Disagree about Walker though, I thought he was awful on Sunday and has been all season. He looked like a dodgy defender last season but such a great athlete and young enough to improve. This season not alone has he not improved but he's gone backwards. His speed and strength save him a lot of the time but he is an accident waiting to happen. Even when he makes a great run forward his final ball or cross is usually poor. Has he even any assists this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

THFC wrote: »

Good post apart from the 3 European giants comment. Your hardly calling Arsenal a European giant?

They are no different to Galatasaray or Olympiakos. Perennial champions league team but certainly no giant. We have more European success than them even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

golfball37 wrote: »

Good post apart from the 3 European giants comment. Your hardly calling Arsenal a European giant?

They are no different to Galatasaray or Olympiakos. Perennial champions league team but certainly no giant. We have more European success than them even.
    I meant in the sense that they would have a massive fanbase around the world. Like it or not Arsenal are easily one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Advertisement