Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Mobility

• 04-03-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Physio told me my hip mobility is poor and reason for all kinds of tightness etc. can somebody recommend a plan of action to improve this? Thanks.
    before ya say physio should have , she did go through stretches but it was pretty quick before a match and I was wondering is there a plan i could follow somewhere people might have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ive been using mobilitywod.com. His first 3 / 4 videos focus on hip area

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

Ive been using mobilitywod.com. His first 3 / 4 videos focus on hip area

Ive looked through it a bit but cant find anything specific. I suppose Im just looking for say 3-4 stretches to do every day for a month to improve the problem.

go to the page, click last page, thats his first videos, all about opening up the hips and some other associated muscles. http://www.mobilitywod.com/page/91

go to the page, click last page, thats his first videos, all about opening up the hips and some other associated muscles. http://www.mobilitywod.com/page/91

Thanks for the link..
    Yup i was convinced depth in my squat was an ankle issue but it has to be hip related. I tried to do the movement in the link and found it hard to get into the position for the wall stretch. think ill do the couch one every night for 10 minutes. then move onto the wall variation. I have been avoiding mobility issues for too long.

BlueIsland wrote: »
    Thanks for the link..
    Yup i was convinced depth in my squat was an ankle issue but it has to be hip related. I tried to do the movement in the link and found it hard to get into the position for the wall stretch. think ill do the couch one every night for 10 minutes. then move onto the wall variation. I have been avoiding mobility issues for too long.

couch stretch is shocking painful at first. but i really struggle getting my foot up that far. also try the psoas stretch that really helped with my hips

• Advertisement

couch stretch is shocking painful at first. but i really struggle getting my foot up that far. also try the psoas stretch that really helped with my hips
    Couch stretch is great for feeling looser around hips..
    Which is the psaos stretch?

BlueIsland wrote: »
    Couch stretch is great for feeling looser around hips..
    Which is the psaos stretch?

video 4

Advertisement