Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale

Options
  • 04-03-2013 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

There's a massive sale on Games on Demand this week for XBLA. Every day has different deals and today is all fighters.

SF4 - €10
    SSF4 - €10
    SFxT - €20
    T6 - €10
    TT2 - €10
    KoF13 - €5
    MK9 - €20
    MKvDC - €5
    VF5 - €5

Alot of the prices on the various days' deals have actually been great. Damn convenient for me since importing's annoying so I've been snapping them up. I was even going to buy SFxT had it been a tenner :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cheers.

Just bought KOF for 400 MSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That's a great price for KoF. I'd safely say you couldn't give MK Vs DCU away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

That's a crazy good price for Tekken Tag and MKvsDC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

TT2 - €10
    KoF13 - €5
    VF5 - €5

Out of these 3 what's the easiest to play? Only really used to Street fighter.

mackg wrote: »
    TT2 - €10
    KoF13 - €5
    VF5 - €5

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say Tekken is the handiest for a bit of pick-up-and-play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

deathrider wrote: »

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say Tekken is the handiest for a bit of pick-up-and-play.
    I disagree. Tekken has many more match ups, combos and idiotic strings you have to learn to defend against.
    VF is easier by far.

KOF is very hard and the net code is ass, but otherwise it's also a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Also, MGS 2 and 3 HD are 9.99/840msp and Peace Walker 4.99/400msp, just in case anyone is interested:)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

TT2 - €10
    KoF13 - €5
    VF5 - €5

Personally, I think the closest to SF is KOF out of those 3. It's also a 2D fighter so it won't be drastically different to SF.

VF5 would be my fav but if you want VF, you should get VF5FS. There is NO online in VF5 anymore, just the recurring error of "No opponents found." so it's a shame but yeah, considering the sale, get KOF. TT2 is fun but if you don't study matchups, you'll be completely lost and likely destroyed online, meaning a very frustrating experience.

Something to note though, KOF's online code is abysmal. I haven't played KOF online myself but I've read that it is horrible. But if you don't care for the online experience, all 3 games are good but KOF is still the closest to SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Was thinking of picking up SFxT but then found it cheaper on Amazon and GameStop. Then, I was going to pick it up from there but then I was curious to see how much the Gem packs total up. For all Gem packs, 4080 MSP so definitely feck that! I'm not spending €40 on measly gem packs!

I think I'll just be picking up The Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nobody uses the DLC gems anyway, so no need to worry about them.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I disagree. Tekken has many more match ups, combos and idiotic strings you have to learn to defend against.
    VF is easier by far.

KOF is very hard and the net code is ass, but otherwise it's also a good game.

I did say for a bit of pick-up-and-play fun, and I reckon it is. The basis of the game are very simple, regardless of how many match-ups there are. It's easy to play casually. KoF, I find is tough as nails to get my head around, even though I'm a big SF fan. VF, I honestly can't say (which is why I said I was taking a guess earliar), because I haven't played it, but I've heard that there's quite a lot to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Yeah Tekken will give you the most pick up and play fun but if you plan to start playing seriously you are gonna have a bad time.

Also Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown & Virtua Fighter 2 are going to be on sale for a week starting tomorrow. They are costing 400 and 160 MSP respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

You're gonna get hit by low strings in Tekken a lot >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I would take advice from Fergus (He is top 8 in Europe ya know) :P

Yeah Tekken will give you the most pick up and play fun but if you plan to start playing seriously you are gonna have a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Got VF5 and KOF13 for 400 points each.

I spent more than that on one burger in Cannes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Is it basically a choice between Marvel, SF4, XTekken and TT2 if you want to play online?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it basically a choice between Marvel, SF4, XTekken and TT2 if you want to play online?
    VF5:FS is cheap if you don't care for the extra costumes.

Advertisement