Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was Mother Teresa not so saintly after all?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

otto_26 wrote: »
    Your talking about an individual study... I've read plenty others what's your point?

Lie

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

that means nothing - its a pr job. Happens all the time.

Oh ok then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Lie

Your comment above says more about you then it does about me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Your comment above says more about you then it does about me..

I know what you are but what am I?

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I know what you are but what am I?

Poooor you good effort thou! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod
    Let's stop the sniping and keep it on topic from here on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How much of our money is handed away each year to charities around the world? Is every penny of it going to the right cause?

Only today our government pledged over €3,000,000 in relief aid to charities in DR Congo. Almost half a million is going to Christian Aid.. a group who build churches, hand out bibles and generally preach the good word to those they are helping. That's your money, and it's compulsory.. not a voluntary donation...

Hardly a pip about it from anyone.. yet the whole MT thing is still a hot topic!

It's a bit mad, Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

"I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbour. Do you know your next door neighbour? Peace :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ho
    Only today our government pledged over €3,000,000 in relief aid to charities in DR Congo. Almost half a million is going to Christian Aid.. a group who build churches, hand out bibles and generally preach the good word to those they are helping.

Actually, no.

Christian Aid does not build churches and hand out bibles. They help develop small businesses and farming systems that allow people to pull themselves out of poverty. They also help develop distribution networks for the small holders they work with to allow them to sell their produce at a fair price and advocate for the proper distribution of the mineral wealth of DR Congo. They also advocate for legislation on topics such as women's rights, sexual assault, education and so on.

You can read more about it here:
    http://www.christianaid.ie/whatwedo/africa/dr_congo.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I'm sorry Mods, I can't refrain:

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.

To ye that dwell in hatred, that feel a sense of satisfaction in resentment, to those that believe its not holy or just being a decent person, but just an intuition to say "wtf, and I hate"...Misrere, Misere.....Just be happy....That lady helped people in situations that You or I could never entertain in our dreams or worst nightmares...Lads, FFS man, be nice...that's all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not at all find it all rather funny!

poor you..

better luck next time.. ;)

Lol

Lol

LOL :D!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Knasher wrote: »
    She could and should have treated them as human beings. The allegations she didn't either come from people who visited her facilities, or actually worked in them. The allegations that she had the means to help come from people who collected money as part of her order.

I am very much of the opinion that nothing and nobody should be exempt from criticism. The view that something should be exempt is behind the worst abuses of that trust. It is what facilitated the abuse by the catholic church, it's what facilitates the abuse in theocratic states and communist states today. If the record stands behind her, then she is immune to criticism, she doesn't need to be exempt. Her charity could simply release the records of how much money they received in donations and how they spent it. There is a huge difference between a charity that does as much as it can because it lacks the means to do more, and a charity that chooses not to do more because it believes in the nobility of suffering. By any view of the allegations, her charity was the latter, simply a caricature of charity, which included working with those in need but forgoes the desire to do so for the betterment of the lives of the people she claimed to be helping.

However I suspect the reason people believe she should be exempt from criticism, is because they don't want to accept that she mightn't be immune.

Could not agree with post more

Advertisement