Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion booster

Options
  • 04-03-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

ok i have the attached immersion set - up, night saver with an option to boost after for 2 hours or less

the night saver works heats up the water, but the boost is not working

i have replaced the thermostat for the boost (the top one)

when the night saver is on the light is on on the board and u can hear it heating

however when i turn on boost the light comes on but thats it.. water stays cold and there is no indication to say its kicking in even to try to heat the water , any suggestions

(btw i have had so many iussues over the years with this system , elements replaced, countless thermostats and even the timer itself (the timer itself was replaced 2 weeks ago, but it was like for like , the cables clip in and out)

any ideas or help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

try resetting the overheat switch in the immersion
    search electrical section for it ,has been discussed before
    cant link,im on mobile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

there is usually a power switch for the boost and night time in the hot press

see if its turns off there? i know i turn ours off by accident when taking out the hoover sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

meercat wrote: »
    try resetting the overheat switch in the immersion
    search electrical section for it ,has been discussed before
    cant link,im on mobile

is that the reset the red button , i pressed that in , while power is off , i have switched power back on and hit the boost but doesn't seem to be having any effect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

is that the reset the red button , i pressed that in , while power is off , i have switched power back on and hit the boost but doesn't seem to be having any effect

yes,thats it
    did you hear or feel a click
    it will take about 1 hour or so to notice any heat build up

Advertisement