Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with young kids in Dublin city

Options
  • 04-03-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done to death but I'm looking for a few ideas on where to bring my 3 year old around Dublin City. Any recommendations are welcome:)
    One of his favourite things to do is get the open top bus around the city but this is quiet pricey so can't do it all the time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The dead zoo AKA The Natural History Museum on Merrion Row. Kids love it there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The dead zoo AKA The Natural History Museum on Merrion Row. Kids love it there. :D
    There's also a playground across the road just inside that end of Merrion Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Thanks guys was just looking this up is that the museum around the corner from Dawson Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

If he loves the open top buses he'll adore the Viking Splash tours, they're brilliant - and do child fares as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I see in another thread that you're thinking of going to Fairview park. Make sure to use the pedestrian bridge to cross the road. It's one of the most exciting free things you can do! My 3 year old could spend all day on it being "as high as a giant" looking down at all the traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 hiber

Hi,

A journey on the LUAS can be nice, not to mention the DART. You can go to Booterstown or Blackrock, there are two nice playgrounds right next to the DART stations, my son really loves both! If the weather is too windy / rainy, we usually go to one of the Panda cafes or Buzzbeez or to the local library. Our favourite playgrounds are in Marlay park, Malahide Demesne, Palmerstown Park.

I created a website this January that lists many-many family-friendly places (playgrounds, play centres, museums, parks etc), check it out: www.dublinfox.com

Here are the playgrounds: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=201065647497847464513.0004c9c3da0359bb55744&msa=0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The National Gallery next door has lots of activities for kids as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Science Gallery at Trinity sometimes have some great educational interactive setups there. The 'Oscillator' theme is ongoing there now. It's pretty entertaining for the entire family and you can learn a lot there too.

Advertisement