Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 fibre broadband cabinets nearby can i request to use one nearest?

• 04-03-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

i have a situation where my house is old and recently ie last 5 years, a small development has sprung up opposite me. I have noticed that there are now 2 fibre cabinets, one adjacent to the new development and the other at the old copper cabinet, ie where my line is terminated.

When fibre is eventually rolled out can I ask to have my line terminated in the cabinet closest to me?

the nearest is about 150m and the older about 890m?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can ask and the answer will be no as it's not worth the effort for the cost it would take to get it done (you might as well ask for a direct fibre into your house).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    the nearest is about 150m

Run your own phone cable to a house that can connect to it so. Some of your neighbours might want to connect to it to. Is there an easy way over, eg a culvert ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

as this is nearing reality can I request a new line and have it terminated at the nearest vdsl cabinet?? then cancel the old line? this would be great as I would get top speed. told today i may get 40mb rate adaptive with existing cabinet at 800m approx. it looks as if the existing cables to my group of houses ie 5 of them runs right past this new cabinet and I walk past it every day, and will do for the next x number of years. they could sell the all the copper i would save them.

Advertisement