Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Inter Milan - Thurs 7th March 20.05pm

Options
  • 04-03-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

Just got two tickets for this match and booked flights.

Anyone know a decent hotel to stay in? Been a while since I been over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

irishmover wrote: »
    Just got two tickets for this match and booked flights.

Anyone know a decent hotel to stay in? Been a while since I been over.

What airport you going through, always handy staying at the airport hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Heathrow. Have the full day in London Thursday and leave early Friday morning.

Was thinking the ibis? Close to Liverpool st. so should be easy to get back to after the match and then easy enough to get back to Heathrow Friday morning for the flight home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Heathrow. Have the full day in London Thursday and leave early Friday morning.

Was thinking the ibis? Close to Liverpool st. so should be easy to get back to after the match and then easy enough to get back to Heathrow Friday morning for the flight home.

Usually stay at the Tavistock Hotel near Russell Square. Basic but clean and buffet breakfast. Good bar and usually a few Spurs supporters staying there. Great location only a few mins from Euston and Russel Square tubes so handy for Heathrow. Website here http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Usually stay at the Tavistock Hotel near Russell Square. Basic but clean and buffet breakfast. Good bar and usually a few Spurs supporters staying there. Great location only a few mins from Euston and Russel Square tubes so handy for Heathrow. Website here http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/

Literally just booked the ibis. 12min walk to Liverpool st station and I believe there's a train that goes all the way to WHL. Looks alright anyway.

Cheers for that though. Might try it next time if this place isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just as a matter of interest, what kinda cost of involved in booking a last minute trip to a game like that. Hotel, flights, match day ticket etc.

I've only been a handful of times and they where either xmas/birthday presents organized and paid for by someone else or organized and paid for by a rather generous relative who lives in London therefore cost me nothing more than a flight.

I want to make more of an effort getting to games over the next few seasons before the rugrat(s) start going to school and chewing up even more of my money!

• Advertisement

Just paid €600 for two people but that was being selective and not going for cheapest. Could probably get a little over €150 cheaper for two people if you weren't picky on flight times or where you stayed.

Also sat below and just to the right of the away fans. Gonna be interesting.

So somewhere between €450-€600 for two people depending on when and how you book. Cheers for that. Think I'll research a bit further and try for something in April.

Use skyscanner for booking flights.

God damnit! Was going to surprise the girlfriend with one or two nights away in Milan next week for the away leg.... She's a big Man Utd fan... I know lads... I'm working on it... But the tickets are sold out. Would love to go to the San Siro and be able to have seen both legs.

Anyone know any decent sites which might have packages for the match? Away tickets obviously! Seen a site, ticket only, away section was €168 each. Home from as little as €29. Can afford it but no thanks.

• Advertisement

Use skyscanner for booking flights.

Also by the way mate, it's smart to search two one ways instead of just return flights. You'll find alot of the time it can work out cheaper. This time it didn't for me. €400 return with BA. Could have got cheaper but flights would have been a few hours earlier both mornings and Ryanair is Ryanair... Refuse to fly with them. Prefer to pay the extra few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Dembele should be ok for Thursday, AVB said in a post match press conference that he was supposed to stay on and Siggy replaced by Livermore but there was a miscommunication.

Also by the way mate, it's smart to search two one ways instead of just return flights. You'll find alot of the time it can work out cheaper.

Good tip. Thanks

Dembele should be ok for Thursday, AVB said in a post match press conference that he was supposed to stay on and Siggy replaced by Livermore but there was a miscommunication.

Ha are you joking??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ha are you joking??

Nope, see about 7.10 minutes in..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just as a matter of interest, what kinda cost of involved in booking a last minute trip to a game like that. Hotel, flights, match day ticket etc.

Booked trip for Man City game in April last week.
    Flights €58
    Match Ticket €60
    Train ticket if you book with a couple of lads €12/14

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I had a dream last night where we won 1-0, with Bale scoring a penalty.

Although i think i might have been playing as well, so that might not actually happen :pac:

Advertisement