Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos are addictive!!

Options
  • 04-03-2013 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So got my 2nd tatto over the weekend, and already im planning for my next one. I think im addicted!! Is that weird, is anyone alse like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yes they are, anything that gives you a buzz can be, simply because you wan't to experience that buzz again and again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Welcome to the club ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

First one 18 years ago and still going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cherie Kinsella

Haha, im not sure if its a good thing, but definitely im gonna keep going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

everybody says that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

When you get tattooed, the skin being broken and bleeding releases endorphins (happy hormones), which are addictive. Bit similar to how self harmers get an addictive feeling from self harming, same basic principle.

Now that the explanation is done, yeah they're addictive. Always said I'd only ever get one tiny one, I'm now planning my 5th and they're just getting bigger each time! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

So got my 2nd tatto over the weekend, and already im planning for my next one. I think im addicted!! Is that weird, is anyone alse like that?

Nope, not weird at all. In fact it's perfectly normal! I've had 3 done in the last 7 weeks and getting another next week. Yeah they're bloody addictive!! Great ain't it?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cherie Kinsella

Esoteric_ wrote:
    Now that the explanation is done, yeah they're addictive. Always said I'd only ever get one tiny one, I'm now planning my 5th and they're just getting bigger each time! :pac:

Yeah I get ya, my first one was tiny and I said thats all I would be getting, my second one is quite big, and im thinking bigger for my third one haha, it is great!! Just think of our bodies as a blank canvas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

yeh they sure are!!! I dont plan on having any visible "skin" left by the time i'm done!! except my face hahaha Damn i wish i was Maori :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seamusoriordan

first one small 2nd medium, 3rd big 4th very big last one i regret...but comes with the territory...ya know emotion 1st, think later....love my tatoos though just...timing has to be right i want one more but because of circumstances i may have missed the right to....have it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

I got my first tattoo back in January. While I was been inked, I was already thinking of my second one...didn't get back to shop until recently & got two new tattoo's on the day and my first one touched up...not a bother!

I am now thinking of a fourth one..:D so I agree with the OP that tattoo's a totally addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

That's why I only get one done every five years. It prevents me from getting something on a whim I'll later regret.

Because I have so much time to think about what I want, and because of the gaps between them, I can usually afford to travel to get the very best artist for my tat, and they all express a particular mentality or aspect about me at a point in time, so my body becomes my own art gallery or museum, recording my mentality over my lifetime.

Don't get me wrong - I don't judge those who get their first tattoo, then get ten more in the next year. What works for you works for you. But I can't help suspect that people like Rihanna or Harry Styles who get tat after tat in short spaces of time will come to regret at least one of them down the line. Already Cheryl Cole has had to get a large cover-up rose on her back.

I can be sure I'll never regret or want to cover up or erase any of my tats. In a way they're part of me from before I even get them done because I spend so long planning a design, choosing an artist and making arrangements.

That said, I have a specific design in mind for my next one, that will be Celtic monastic art (Book of Kells) influenced and influenced by prehistoric cave paintings, and I'd like it done in colour with a lot of fine lines. Any artist recommendations? (I'm prepared to wait or to travel anywhere.)

Advertisement