Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safest place to save cash over a few months.

Options
  • 04-03-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just a quick question.

I'm currently saving up for something I will be purchasing in June. I'm just wondering what the safest way to save the cash is. I have a current account but want to keep the money I'm saving separate from this as I don't want easy access to prevent me eating into it unawares. I also have a credit Union account but I have a loan out with this currently which I am paying off weekly, I'm presuming it makes no difference if I keep paying this off while lodging savings for my June purchase also. Would the CU be the best option to save my money in or is there something else I could be looking at? Obviously don't want to be keeping wads of cash in a drawer at home, just want to save it somewhere I don't have easy access and don't open myself up for any charges etc.

Comments

Post Office :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

RoverJames wrote: »
    Post Office :)

For serious? Would the Post Office be a better bet than the CU? Like I said just want to put money away weekly for a few months and not have easy access to it.

Advertisement