Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 'Live' help - are they serious ????

Options
  • 04-03-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to change my password to pay a bill ! - the link from the eircom website isnt working so I tried online 'live' help - are you guys really for real !!! - see chat below

Can anyone possible let me change my password before this time tomorrow ?????

Liam: Hello, you are chatting with Liam your eircom-service chat advisor, how can I help you today?

Andi: Hi Liam,

Andi: im trying to change my online password & have clicked the forgot password link - immediately i get the email, i click the link but its just telling me the link has expired

Liam: May I have the email address you signed up with please thanks, I will request this for you thanks.

Andi: *******@gmail.com

Liam: One moment please, I'll check that for you...

Liam: Thanks, ok I have requested an email to be sent you will get this within 24 hours once you do please go ahead on changing the password thanks.

Liam: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Andi: no but is this seriously going to take 24 hours to get an email through /

Liam: Yes within 24 hours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Andip wrote: »
    I'm trying to change my password to pay a bill ! - the link from the eircom website isnt working so I tried online 'live' help - are you guys really for real !!! - see chat below

Can anyone possible let me change my password before this time tomorrow ?????

Liam: Hello, you are chatting with Liam your eircom-service chat advisor, how can I help you today?

Andi: Hi Liam,

Andi: im trying to change my online password & have clicked the forgot password link - immediately i get the email, i click the link but its just telling me the link has expired

Liam: May I have the email address you signed up with please thanks, I will request this for you thanks.

Andi: *******@gmail.com

Liam: One moment please, I'll check that for you...

Liam: Thanks, ok I have requested an email to be sent you will get this within 24 hours once you do please go ahead on changing the password thanks.

Liam: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Andi: no but is this seriously going to take 24 hours to get an email through /

Liam: Yes within 24 hours.

Hi Andip,

I am afraid, when we send requests for a manual password re-set we do have to give a 24 hour time-frame. I appreciate that it is not ideal,

Are you just looking to pay a bill before this time tomorrow?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hi Andip,

I am afraid, when we send requests for a manual password re-set we do have to give a 24 hour time-frame. I appreciate that it is not ideal,

Are you just looking to pay a bill before this time tomorrow?

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks for the reply Mark,

I find it amazing in this world that anything takes 24hrs ? - yes I need to pay a bill but I'm not in Ireland at the moment and cant do it by phone.

Thanks for the reply Mark,

I find it amazing in this world that anything takes 24hrs ? - yes I need to pay a bill but I'm not in Ireland at the moment and cant do it by phone.

Hi Andip,

If you would like to PM me with the name on the account, address (account number if available) or tel no. I can put a note on the account of the situation.

Thanks, Mark

Ok I'm posting in public here to create a breadcrumb trail as I'm totally fed up with this.

I STILL haven't received an email from Eircom support allowing me to change my password despite numerous promises. I cannot believe that in 2013 Eircom cannot sort out its online account website.

Just to remind, I cant remember my password and when you click on the 'forgot password'  link it send you an email as below

"Dear Customer,
    To reset your password simply click the link below or copy and paste it into a new browser window:
    https://my.eircom.net/portal-web-eircom/transactional/forgottenpassword?token=f38eeea4ac78d314741d2a3e3a87dc99
    If you no longer wish to reset your password, please ignore this email.

Thank you, 

eircom customer support"

I click the link immediately (Ive tried Explorer, Chrome and Firefox) and it directs you to the site with this message

"Forgotten Your Password?

The link in the email has expired, you will need to request to change your password again and we will send you a new email.Re-enter your email on forgotten password page."

HOW can it have expired when I click immediately !!!

So having spoken to Eircom support by live chat (see first post above) and being promised an email within 24 Hrs !, nothing through, came on here, numerous promises, nothing through (and yes I've checked spam).

I'm in Russia and will not pay international call charges to wait on the phone to pay this bill. I was told that my file would be marked to avoid disconnection, yet I understand my wife is being plagued with threatening calls at home

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON EIRCOM

I have escalated this to COMREG and copied in all correspondence.

All I want to do is change my password and pay my bill !

Ok I'm posting in public here to create a breadcrumb trail as I'm totally fed up with this.

I STILL haven't received an email from Eircom support allowing me to change my password despite numerous promises. I cannot believe that in 2013 Eircom cannot sort out its online account website.

Just to remind, I cant remember my password and when you click on the 'forgot password'  link it send you an email as below

"Dear Customer,
    To reset your password simply click the link below or copy and paste it into a new browser window:
    https://my.eircom.net/portal-web-eircom/transactional/forgottenpassword?token=f38eeea4ac78d314741d2a3e3a87dc99
    If you no longer wish to reset your password, please ignore this email.

Thank you, 

eircom customer support"

I click the link immediately (Ive tried Explorer, Chrome and Firefox) and it directs you to the site with this message

"Forgotten Your Password?

The link in the email has expired, you will need to request to change your password again and we will send you a new email.Re-enter your email on forgotten password page."

So having spoken to Eircom support by live chat (see first post above) and being promised an email within 24 Hrs !, nothing through, came on here, numerous promises, nothing through (and yes I've checked spam).

I'm in Russia and will not pay international call charges to wait on the phone to pay this bill. I was told that my file would be marked to avoid disconnection, yet I understand my wife is being plagued with threatening calls at home

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON EIRCOM

I have escalated this to COMREG and copied in all correspondence.

All I want to do is change my password and pay my bill !

Hi Andip,

I have tried to send on another re-set request to your e-mail address. Can you try re-setting the password through an different browser than before and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Mark

I've just received a change password email and have clicked on the link using explorer on a colleagues laptop - same problem telling me the link has expired even though I click straight away - I've tried three different browsers and two laptops and a PC - the issue cannot be at my end -  all I get is 

Forgotten Your Password?
    The link in the email has expired, you will need to request to change your password again and we will send you a new email.Re-enter your email on forgotten password page.

Mark

I've just received a change password email and have clicked on the link using explorer on a colleagues laptop - same problem telling me the link has expired even though I click straight away - I've tried three different browsers and two laptops and a PC - the issue cannot be at my end -  all I get is 

Forgotten Your Password?
    The link in the email has expired, you will need to request to change your password again and we will send you a new email.Re-enter your email on forgotten password page.

Hi Andip,

There is an issue with the re-set password link. I tried to send it directly again to see if that worked.

I know it has been a few days since we sent a request to manually send the password to you. I will keep pushing it as much as I can.

As I advised in PMs I have put a detailed note on the account to insure no action is taken.

Also, I know it may not be the preferred method. However I have sent on an international number for accounts if you do get a chance to call.

Thanks, Mark

I'm sorry but I'm extremely busy here and I am not phoning from Russia to stay on hold to pay a phone bill - last time I paid by phone I was holding for two or three minutes, which is why I pay online !

Can you please add to the note on file to stop the barrage of calls going through to my wife as she is understandably very upset.

Still no email - still no access

Still no email - still no access

Hi Andip

I sent you a PM after speaking with the webchat team. I apologise I can not just take your details and issue the payment. However I am unable to do so due to data protection.

I am still working on the my eircom issue.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Date/time on their server needs to be set?

I suggested that when I first spoke to them on the 4th March, but I'm still unable to access my account and as I'm paperless billing wont pay anything until I can see the charges.

Despite my account supposedly being 'marked' so I'm not bothered until this is resolved I've been threatened with disconnection twice over the past week & have now left it fully in the hands of Therese Griffin in Comreg Consumer Management as its a complete disgrace. No wonder Sky are coming into the market

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

you have spent more than the 2 or 3 minutes posting on this website complaining that you would be on hold for 2 or 3 minutes if you rang eircom. if you want to save the stess on yourself and you wife just ring them and pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I suggested that when I first spoke to them on the 4th March, but I'm still unable to access my account and as I'm paperless billing wont pay anything until I can see the charges.

Despite my account supposedly being 'marked' so I'm not bothered until this is resolved I've been threatened with disconnection twice over the past week & have now left it fully in the hands of Therese Griffin in Comreg Consumer Management as its a complete disgrace. No wonder Sky are coming into the market

Hi Andip

We are hoping to have the my eircom issues resolved as soon as possible andI do apologise for the inconvenience these issues are causing.

I understand that paying through the my eircom service is your preferredmethod of payment due to individual circumstances and I can see that mark had advised that he has put a note on your account so that it will not be disconnected however we cannot accept that the issue with the 'my eircom' service to gives you reason withhold payment as a full service is indeed being provided as you have number of other methods to pay by such as online banking, cheque and our international accounts contact number.

From your previous posts you have stated that you have a busy schedulehowever If you do indeed find time to call us and make a payment please call us on our contact number for customers abroad on 0035316714444 where an agent will be able to accept a payment.

Kind regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Is it possible that you can't reset an Eircom password from outside Ireland?

Can you get someone in Ireland to access your email and try reset your password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Stoolbend

The issue doesn’t seem to be caused by logging in from another countryhowever eircom are hoping to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Regards

Al

Advertisement