Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to determine tablet manufacturer?

Options
  • 04-03-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Just got one of these android tablets.

I'm trying to connect to it in Eclipse on a Linux box, but it can't recognise the device. I presume I need to create a udev entry for it, but I can't work out who the manufacturer is, so I don't know which vendor id code to use.

Adb can see it's connected, but just lists it as ????????

Any suggestions for determining the manufacturer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Solved it with the brute force approach - I just created a udev entry for every vendor ID listed. That got it working, once I copped on I had to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in again.

Out of curiosity I kept halving the list until it stopped working to narrow down which code it was. Turns out it's 18d1 - Google. So I guess if you're ever trying to do this for a generic Android tablet, try that code first.

Advertisement