Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football in South America

• 04-03-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to an international Football match in S. America? I'm in Uruguay the same day as a football game and I'm wondering are tickets hard to get and how safe is it at the game!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

ive been to a few games in brazil and argentina, tickets were fairly handy to come by and they were cheap, the atmospheres inside and outside the stadiums could get very hot depending on results, if you do decide to go i would try to find a local fan/guide to tag along with if thats possible. id definitely recommend going though the atmospheres at games throughout S. America are second to none even if the footballs not so good

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

go through a hostel if you can, you will pay more but you'll usually get taken to and from the game and won't end up in a dodgy part of the crowd!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

boardie100 wrote: »
    go through a hostel if you can, you will pay more but you'll usually get taken to and from the game and won't end up in a dodgy part of the crowd!...

Agree with this unless you find a local willing to bring you. I went to 4 games in Brazil (3 with a local and one with the hostel). I wouldn't have gone alone, too easy to end up in the wrong part of the stadium.

In saying that I went to a game in Chile with a fellow tourist and it was very laid back and no hassle at all.

Advertisement