Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 10 Results

Options
  • 04-03-2013 4:54pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Broncos @ Ttians, Broncos receive

Broncos make a TD play, but the QB is past the line of scrimmage.
    Colin McCarthy picks off a pass if only he was quicker he'd have a few TDs.
    Broncos put up stiff D, but Wright makes the TD.

Broncos moving it very well and get into the Titans redzone quickly and Tamme takes a TD pass.
    A big sack leads to a long 3rd down

I want to press X, i press Y and its picked off and back to the 3, TD Broncos

C2J breaks off a 75 yard run for a TD, Broncos get it going, Decker making a great catch, TD Broncos,

Looks like 2 receivers are open on a slant, However the run into each other and leaves the ball to be picked off, Broncos kick 3 at the 2 min warning.

Mariani is open, the ball is nowhere, Titans go for it on 4th and 8, dont get it, Broncos kick 3
    13 point game with a min left, C2J fumbles, but Titans recover and then punt Broncos score with the last play of the half with a WR wide open 5 yards out

34-14 at HT

Titans kick a FG, Titans force a punt.. they move it well but throw a pick on the 4 yard line, TFL.. then a safety! Broncos kick the ball out.... Titans then throw an int!

FG Broncos, Titans move it but throw another int.. and thats pretty much game.

37-19 Broncos

Some Stats:
    Titans with 216 yards of offense, 124 rushing
    Broncos with 247 yards of offense, 125 rushing

Titans throwing 2 ints within their own 40 killed this game, Locker is really just so innacurate, with WRs wide open he over shoots or hits their feet!

Good game Perrin, thought with the safety and then me getting the ball i'd make a game of it but it wasnt to be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 35-7 Texans.

My horrible run of CPU games is over. Another very good game for Tebow and MJD, but the star of the show was Justin Blackmon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

GG Heli.A better day for Locker and the game would have been a whole lot different.
    Broncos make a TD play, but the QB is past the line of scrimmage.
    Pretty annoyed with myself on that play,I couldn't see anyone open on the play with Manning so I went on the run,for some reason I thought I was a mile past the line of scrimmage so I hit X to dive with him but he threw a huge deep pass(I didn't even know who it was going towards but I was certain it was gonna be intercepted casue it pretty much was a blind pass),luckily Decker caught even though it was a foul,although on the very next play I threw an int anyway :mad:.
    You were unlucky too where the 2 guys ran into each other,I was following 1 with my LB,when I saw the 2 hit each other I moved into between the 2 with my LB to go for the intercept.

With regards to how the game went my side,on offense the run was going well and I was able to switch between Mcgahee and Moreno reguraly enough in the 1st half and Manning was reliable as were the recievers.
    On defense I was happy enough too,gave up a long run to C2J but recovered after that.
    Another game too where I didn't concede a TD in the 2nd half so can't complain(although I did give up that safety).
    Roll on the Pats next where revenge will be on the cards after last seasons defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Good result Perrin(hearing rumours Santry was sending you some tips;))

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Cardinals 27 - 24 with a last second Field Goal in a very close game.

Larry Fitz and Jeremy Shockey both had great games as did Desean and my running Core, although fumbles were more frequent then either of us would have liked.

All the best and you really really unlucky in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

With Perrin winning his game against titans, this game will be big in stopping the broncos snapping at my heels! Raiders hosted the lions

I got 1st possession and, in some style, threw interception to two lions players! Going through the phases and lions are 3nd and goal. Lions throw to open man but T.Branch played superman and caught a diving interception! Continue up the field, punt, lions punt back and I get into the redzone and 1st ends

1Q: no score

The game opens up more! After a field goal for raiders,Raiders defense step up and decide they wanted the ball alot this game and pick six it on 1st and 10 for lions!

Raiders get in redzone and alt to Hester for the TD! Lions respond with field goal and raiders run out the half

2Q: 17-3

Lions get ball! Drive up and TD pass for Johnson. 17-10. Raiders defense was slacking, allowing 1st downs easy.

Later on, Hester lines up 1-1 and alt goes for it! Hester burns up the field, makes catch and gets TD! Big points.

Burris intercets the lions again and returns the ball from 55 yards. Cue hilarious QB slating by Adrian!

3Q: 31-10

4Q was pretty quiet, Carson got another pick six and kill off the game and became a running game on either side from there! Two forced fumbles but no capitalisation by either side!

End of game: 38-10

Some unlucky picks on either half cost the lions but still a good game and Adrian was good natured about everything, despite obvious frustration! Good chats and best of luck in the rest of the season

Raiders move 7-2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

With Perrin winning his game against titans, this game will be big in stopping the broncos snapping at my heels! Raiders hosted the lions

I got 1st possession and, in some style, threw interception to two lions players! Going through the phases and lions are 3nd and goal. Lions throw to open man but T.Branch played superman and caught a diving interception! Continue up the field, punt, lions punt back and I get into the redzone and 1st ends

1Q: no score

The game opens up more! After a field goal for raiders,Raiders defense step up and decide they wanted the ball alot this game and pick six it on 1st and 10 for lions!

Raiders get in redzone and alt to Hester for the TD! Lions respond with field goal and raiders run out the half

2Q: 17-3

Lions get ball! Drive up and TD pass for Johnson. 17-10. Raiders defense was slacking, allowing 1st downs easy.

Later on, Hester lines up 1-1 and alt goes for it! Hester burns up the field, makes catch and gets TD! Big points.

Burris intercets the lions again and returns the ball from 55 yards. Cue hilarious QB slating by Adrian!

3Q: 31-10

4Q was pretty quiet, Carson got another pick six and kill off the game and became a running game on either side from there! Two forced fumbles but no capitalisation by either side!

End of game: 38-10

Some unlucky picks on either half cost the lions but still a good game and Adrian was good natured about everything, despite obvious frustration! Good chats and best of luck in the rest of the season

Raiders move 7-2

Well done, you played well.

I threw a load of picks and got hammered as a result. Again.

Not sure I'm bothered playing with the Lions any more, never really enjoying any of my games to be honest.

Like on defense Chris Houston cant cover Devin Hester, and on offense Romo cant throw it to the same zip code as his receivers.

I'll finish out the season and make a decision then,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Eagles beat the Cardinals 27 - 24 with a last second Field Goal in a very close game.

Larry Fitz and Jeremy Shockey both had great games as did Desean and my running Core, although fumbles were more frequent then either of us would have liked.

All the best and you really really unlucky in this one

Thanks mate, crazy couple of fumbles, and turned out to be a very enjoyable game,but a couple of games ago I was feeling down and out and was thinking of taking a break from the game but instead decided to tighten up MY game, first I decided to stop throwing INTS altogether, so I have with a massive overhaul to my play calling and is still under construction, my 3rd game of throwing no interceptions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Dolphins were robbed here, by far the better team.

Browns were very happy with their rushing defense holding Reggie Bush and others to 14 attempts for 14 yards.
    Browns forced four fumbles, recovered three and injured Fasano, Bush and broke Johnny Knox's collar bone. Some nice hits

Tannehill was immense, 31-48 for 353yds with 2TDs and 3Ints.
    Leaving aside the picks the Dolphins GM carved up Cleveland with a fantastic passing attack. Stringing together the passes, 8 completions in a row at one stage.

Tannehill scored an second quarter TD and the Browns were in red zone trouble again until Joe Haden got a 105 yd pick 6. Without doubt the best player in Cleveland.

Some nice punting and a sack pinned Cleveland deep in the 3rd quarter until Trent Richardson broke some tackles for a 93yd TD from a screen pass.

Browns continued to show good D but so did the Dolphins and it remained a one score game until late in the 4th, the punters were busy today
    Richardson powered in a rushing TD while Tannehill connected for a 24yd with rookie Tevin Bibb

MVP:
    Hussain Abdullah the free safety with 9 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, a pick, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery

Tough luck Dolphins.
    Looked like you had me beat near the end of the 2nd quarter.
    You have a fantastic passing attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Dolphins were robbed here, by far the better team.

Browns were very happy with their rushing defense holding Reggie Bush and others to 14 attempts for 14 yards.
    Browns forced four fumbles, recovered three and injured Fasano, Bush and broke Johnny Knox's collar bone. Some nice hits

Tannehill was immense, 31-48 for 353yds with 2TDs and 3Ints.
    Leaving aside the picks the Dolphins GM carved up Cleveland with a fantastic passing attack. Stringing together the passes, 8 completions in a row at one stage.

Tannehill scored an second quarter TD and the Browns were in red zone trouble again until Joe Haden got a 105 yd pick 6. Without doubt the best player in Cleveland.

Some nice punting and a sack pinned Cleveland deep in the 3rd quarter until Richardson broke some tackles for a 93yd pass from a screen pass.

Browns continued to show good D but so did the Dolphins and it remained a one score game until late in the 4th.
    Richardson powered in a rushing TD while Tannehill connected for a 24yd with rookie Tevin Bibb

MVP:
    Hussain Abdullah the free safety with 9 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, a pick, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery

Tough luck Dolphins.
    Looked like you had me beat near the end of the 2nd quarter.
    You have a fantastic passing attack.

Good game alright tried forcing long throws too much in the second half which completely messed me up as I just got more an more frustrated... The fumbles oh god the FUMBLES most of them were just after I threw for the 1st down :(

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well done, you played well.

I threw a load of picks and got hammered as a result. Again.

Not sure I'm bothered playing with the Lions any more, never really enjoying any of my games to be honest.

Like on defense Chris Houston cant cover Devin Hester
    , and on offense Romo cant throw it to the same zip code as his receivers.

I'll finish out the season and make a decision then
    I feel your pain here,Hester burnt Champ Bailey and my safety when I played for a long TD too.

Although I was thinking if since some people have said there getting sick of their teams would switching teams be an option? like to teams not being used
    PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Thanks mate, crazy couple of fumbles, and turned out to be a very enjoyable game,but a couple of games ago I was feeling down and out and was thinking of taking a break from the game but instead decided to tighten up MY game, first I decided to stop throwing INTS altogether, so I have with a massive overhaul to my play calling and is still under construction, my 3rd game of throwing no interceptions...
    I was the same a while back,changed my play calling,cuting down on intercepts so just so huge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tannehill tossed some sort of shovel pass to Reggie Bush

I didn't even know that was possible in Madden

Looked mad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Tannehill tossed some sort of shovel pass to Reggie Bush

I didn't even know that was possible in Madden

Looked mad :pac:

They're new in Madden 13, but rarely happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Pudsy33 wrote: »

They're new in Madden 13, but rarely happen.

Think it was bush being too close to tannehill but looked cool alright if only if had have got me a TD and a cool highlight reel :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would not be keen to allow changing teams, what happens if the Pats/ Packers become available? Everyone would be unhappy with their team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I feel your pain here,Hester burnt Champ Bailey and my safety when I played for a long TD too.

Although I was thinking if since some people have said there getting sick of their teams would switching teams be an option? like to teams not being used

I was the same a while back,changed my play calling,cuting down on intercepts so just so huge

Hester sole purpose is to run fast straight! If it makes you feel better lads, I'm playing Berty next...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bengals 38 Colts 42

COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!!

Wow, where to start with this game. it was a thriller and Colts were lucky to get away with the win, it basically turned into a shoot out between Luck and Dalton and Luck just about came out on top thanks to an 85 yard TD from Colts star man Coby Fleener with 50 secs left on the clock, Dalton went long after that and got picked off by Rookie CB Jayvon Parker and that sealed the win.

COLTS
    Luck 18/28, 471 Yards, 5 TD's and 2 Int
    Forsett 10 rushing attempts, 29 yards
    Fleener 5 catches, 169 Yards, 2 TD's
    Wayne 4 catches, 95 Yards
    Crabtree 3 catches, 95 Yards, 2 TD's
    Collie 3 catches 70 Yards, 1 TD

BENGALS
    Dalton 24/37, 357 Yards, 4 TD's
    Scott 17 rushing attempts, 1 TD
    Gresham 9 catches, 110 Yards, 1 TD
    Sanu 6 catches, 110 Yards, 1 TD
    Morris 3 catches, 59 Yards, 1 TD
    Scott 3 catches, 26 Yards, 1 TD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well done Rock, don't win too many more please!!

Would not be keen to allow changing teams, what happens if the Pats/ Packers become available? Everyone would be unhappy with their team!!!
    Lol,ya makes sense

Well done Rock, don't win too many more please!!

Dont worry, normal service will be resumed next week

Put it this way, if you aren't doing well with your team you'll get a decent pick for M14!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals 38 Colts 42

COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!!

Wow, where to start with this game. it was a thriller and Colts were lucky to get away with the win, it basically turned into a shoot out between Luck and Dalton and Luck just about came out on top thanks to an 85 yard TD from Colts star man Coby Fleener with 50 secs left on the clock, Dalton went long after that and got picked off by Rookie CB Jayvon Parker and that sealed the win.

COLTS
    Luck 18/28, 471 Yards, 5 TD's and 2 Int
    Forsett 10 rushing attempts, 29 yards
    Fleener 5 catches, 169 Yards, 2 TD's
    Wayne 4 catches, 95 Yards
    Crabtree 3 catches, 95 Yards, 2 TD's
    Collie 3 catches 70 Yards, 1 TD

BENGALS
    Dalton 24/37, 357 Yards, 4 TD's
    Scott 17 rushing attempts, 1 TD
    Gresham 9 catches, 110 Yards, 1 TD
    Sanu 6 catches, 110 Yards, 1 TD
    Morris 3 catches, 59 Yards, 1 TD
    Scott 3 catches, 26 Yards, 1 TD

Colts D line hit HARD!

Took out my best WR for 4 weeks and one for game... Not amused in the slightest! :cool:

Was a good tight game - between a pick 6 from red zone and the last minute Fleener TD there was no way Bengals were coming back -esp when Gresham was quadrupled covered!

NekoChan wrote: »
    Colts D line hit HARD!!

Thats about all they do, cos they certainly cant Defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Gutted... absolutely gutted :o
    I had it...I nearly had the game..Brady ya bollix :(

Team Gronk narrowly lose out 27-24 to the Ravens.
    Things started out badly for Team Gronk when Brady threw a pick six in the first quarter. Then the Ravens got 3 field goals in the second while the Pats O# did diddly squat.
    Score at halftime was 16-0 to the Ravens.

Patriots get a stern talking to during the break and come out strong in the third scoring 17 points in 3 and a half minutes.
    First was a field goal, then Pats LB Wheeler beat down on Torey Smith on the kick return forcing the fumble recovered by the Pats. This lead to a 1 yard TD pass from Brady to Gronk. Then on the ensuing kickoff Pats LB Mayo also beat down on Torey Smiths breaking his jaw in the process. Gronk scooped up the fumbled ball and took it back for six.
    17-16 Pats.

Fourth quarter was a real nailbiter.
    Ravens got a field goal to retake the lead. 19-17
    Then Hernandez hauled one in from a yard out to make it 24-19
    Both teams punted it away. The Ravens got the ball back with about 3 minutes to go. And they drove down the field..and kept driving and got a TD and the 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game 27-24.
    Pats got the ball with about a minute to play. Plan G came into operation yet again.
    It had a good bit of success as Pudsey was moving people around trying to cover him but I got greedy and went for the extra few yards instead of going OOB. :/
    Had to use my final time out with ~14 seconds to go. It would have been a 53 yard FG attempt so the ball must have been at the BAL 36 yard line. I decided I had time get one more play off to make it more manageable kick. Brady rolls out to the right....then he gets hit hard and coughs up the football :'(
    Ravens recover the ball and kneel out the clock.

Normally when I lose it's by a big amount but now I can't help wondering if I shouldn't have challenged the call, or just taken the five yards for delay of game early in the third instead of calling a TO.

I'm hopefully still on track to win the division so we'll just have to take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Panthers v Buccs

attempt 1

Panthers get the first down and Buccs shut them out after that.

panthers punt, Buccs hold the ball for rest of the quarter tiring out the panthers d but only ending up with a fg at the start of the 2nd quarter.... cue panthers kick for 'excessive grievance'.

attempt 2

Brought back to the second quarter buccs take fg. Panthers make progress but cam is picked off, Buccs get themselves in the end zone with Johnson making it 10-0. With over a minute left on the clock the panthers begin their march up the field but again cam is picked off with under a minute to go. Buccs bring it back for a field goal under the posts ten seconds left on the clock 13-0.... HT

Second half, Buccs receive and continue to chew up the clock knowing cam is on a cold streak after two pics and a fg will make it a two score game. progressing up the field nicely and getting to the 30 yard line with 3 min left in the second quarter cue more 'excessive grievance'... :mad:

have to say i'm a bit pissed at this as to recreate, like today, its going to be a knee fest and all my hard work (cam picks and stats) will be gone to ****. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just recreate the score and play from there, a lot easier to be honest.

might be easier but there is a massive difference between a two score lead in the 1st quarter and one in the 3rd tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I don't want to kneel through 3 quarters. You can play the cpu if you want.

my personal suggestion was to play like normal so the players could get the stats and we wouldn't have to knee through the 3 quarters, as was my suggestion for the 2nd attempt, but just keep the score the same... at least to give it a go for a third time

Buccs why dont you go up by 16 and then play from there?

So 2 TDs with 2 two point conversions, or 2 TDs and a safety.
    Once matthew kicks the KO to you after the safety or normal KO, just punt it back.

• Advertisement

Helmi i don't mean to sound like a dick man but tbf as i said earlier my game plan was to keep panthers off the ball, which i did. It kind of defeats the purpose if we start the score from the first quarter. don't see why i would be sanctioned for the disconnections. I don't see wats wrong with my solution, you play like normal but recreate the 3rd quarter scenario. and i'd rather not play cpu matthew

Advertisement