Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 10 Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You don't seem to understand. It's not playing like normal if I can't score.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gufc21 wrote: »
    Helmi i don't mean to sound like a dick man but tbf as i said earlier my game plan was to keep panthers off the ball, which i did. It kind of defeats the purpose if we start the score from the first quarter. don't see why i would be sanctioned for the disconnections. I don't see wats wrong with my solution, you play like normal but recreate the 3rd quarter scenario. and i'd rather not play cpu matthew

Mission failed :pac:

No i understand, but kneeling for 3 quarters... what a pain
    Also its not an order just a suggestion, if i was in your position what i suggest is what i always do, would rather play the game and kneel it tbh (even if that means i can lose)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

never suggested kneeling for 3 quarters.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So you want to go up by 16 and then just play from there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Its a right pain lads alright,happened on my very first game this season,thankfully every game since has been grand

• Advertisement

i wanted to play away and go up by 13 in the 3rd on the 30 yard line give or take.. players will still get their normal stats and the game is recreated. kneeing is just ridiculous, as was in the 2nd game, but the scenario is recreated.

gufc21 wrote: »
    i wanted to play away and go up by 16 in the 3rd.. players will still get their normal stats and the game is recreated. kneeing is just ridiculous, as was in the 2nd game, but the scenario is recreated.

Thats not norma thoughl, lets say you get to HT and Matthew is up by 14, you're going to have to score 4 TDs (and an extra 2 points) to get 16 ahead, that is going to put the panthers D on a serious cold streak I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I can see gufc's point, big difference having a 2 score lead in the 3rd rather then the 1st, the 1st gives matthew more of a chance to come back and win.

Luckily it will never happen in one of my games as i will never have a 16 point lead in the 3rd :D

Thats not norma thoughl, lets say you get to HT and Matthew is up by 14, you're going to have to score 4 TDs (and an extra 2 points) to get 16 ahead, that is going to put the panthers D on a serious cold streak I would imagine

well look at the first game i would of had the panther o on a cold streak. the game can be kept at the exact score, just run ob before td and its only 13 points, i just had it well inside kicking range.

that seems fair, but its up to you and matthew to sort out specifics

• Advertisement

well tis up to matthew what he wants to do at this stage.

I still don't want to play through 3 quarters which have absolutely no meaning. Look, back in my first season, in week 17, I needed a win to keep my playoff hopes alive, and was beating Santry 14-6 with him having the ball on his 40 inside the 2 minute warning at the end when he was kicked for excessive grieving. We restarted with me getting an 8-0 head start and that was it. Sure it reduced my chances of winning, but we got a full game out of it, and I was killed. To me, that's the standard, and we should use it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Unless both parties agree otherwise you should do the following:

Dropped Games
    If during a game the players are kicked from the server the following must be done. The game should be restarted but and the points difference between the teams must be recreated as quick as possible. Also the balance of possession must be recreated so if one player received the kick off was down 14 points and the opponent had possession when the game was kicked off again then he must receive the kickoff, punt twice, give up two scores and then punt again. These rules apply to all games through to the end of Q3.

If the game goes to Q4 the rules as above still apply with the following proviso. If a player is down by 25 points he must effectively concede the game, drop out and let his opponent play the CPU. This point total goes down by 1 point per minute in Q4, so if down by 24 with 9-10 mins, 23 with 8-9 mins and so on down to 17 points with 2-3 minutes left.

If a player drops out in these circumstances, the player who stays in the franchise to play the game should try to keep the score to the same difference it was when the game dropped out. There is no limit on the number of times you can restart the game in this exceptional case only.

that's fair enough, i thought rules had said the situation must be recreated, ie. time and points.

that's grand matthew i can try again at half 6.

can u play at 6.30 matthew?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Myself and etloveslsd had a similar situation in our game, I had a lead in the 4th when the servers dropped. We agreed to recreate the score and time left on the clock, because that lead means far more in the 4th than it does in the 1st. It was a pain in the arse punting and all that crap, but we had a laugh and got on with it and had a very exciting finish to the game.

matthew can play cpu if he wants, whole game bullsh1t. after 3rd dc we get scores to 13-0 and start play. at least try to play. the lag was f*cking retarded. Impossible to pick a play never mind throw the ball. after a muff punt from him he punts it into my end zone rather than knee it gaining 30 yards or so from his original kicking position. bollox. had completely shut his o down in the original game and suddenly they're all on fire. I honestly don't know how anyone can play with that lag. joke.

I was under no obligation to even give the ball back in the first place, your job to field the punt.

two games you sent bollox punts mate, there is a glitch with changing punt height. you are under some obligation to play with a playable internet connection.

Sorry matthew, Buccs are correct, the muff punt is a pain and something which happens frequently enough

Edit: Lads easy with the cursing, I'm happy not to have had to slap anyone with the mod stick so far in this forum, lets keep it that way.
    Sportsmanship:
    Use the Golden Rule. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Don't run up the score to pad your stats. If you have someone down and beaten, late in the game, have some class and run the clock out without rubbing salt in their wounds. If you are up by more than two scores with 2 minutes remaining, this should dictate you running the ball until the opponent has used their TOs then you should kneel. Up by more than 3 scores with 4 minutes remaining, you should run the ball. Up by more than 4 scores in the 4th should dictate you running the ball.

Punting
    In Madden 13 it is apparent that short distance punts (i.e. low kick power) often result in a muffed punt which the kicking team can recover. This play is banned from all leagues and tournaments. This rule also applies to low angle punts - regardless of direction and kick power. If, as the kicking team, you recover the ball as a result of either of the above you must offer to return the ball to your opponent on the next play.

• Advertisement

sorry heli, was absolutely raging earlier. first off having to play through the lag, then not being able to play through the lag and then the punt just topped it off

The punt was only short because of the lag. And I did give it back on the next play. In total I netted 38 yards off the punts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Right it looks as if Matthew did try to be fair with the punts. Were you using the chat room (as matthew can't use a mic)?

I have played Matthew a few times and lag has never been a major issue. So its a bit strange, sometimes it does happen with two specific players. Have you come to any agreement yet as to what to do?

I understand your annoyance GUFC. It is a real pain when you are playing really well and the game gets cut off and all your good stats and having the opposing QB picked off so he is in bad form is all for nothing. Very frustrating but not much can be done about it.

EDIT - Just seen the Panthers won 34-0. Can someone please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Not wanting to pick on Matthew but I can vouch for the sentiment on the Panthers internet connection... Was like playing in slow motion and I just couldn't adjust to it and lost convincingly. Haven't had any issues with anyone else's connection apart from the epic playoff night with the Saints which the Saints resolved with the use of a good old fashioned cable instead of Wi-Fi!

LOUD NOISES!

Nelbert wrote: »
    Not wanting to pick on Matthew but I can vouch for the sentiment on the Panthers internet connection... Was like playing in slow motion and I just couldn't adjust to it and lost convincingly. Haven't had any issues with anyone else's connection apart from the epic playoff night with the Saints which the Saints resolved with the use of a good old fashioned cable instead of Wi-Fi!

LOUD NOISES!

What a night that was. Haha. The aggregate score was probably about 160-140. Never played one game of madden for so long. That was strange though we kept getting disconnected at the same time. Good wired cable though. :cool:

Raoul wrote: »
    EDIT - Just seen the Panthers won 34-0. Can someone please explain

Guessing he played CPU. We're due to play again in couple of weeks I want game to be be simmed if not allowed he can play CPU either way will end up a win for panthers but no way I'm sitting through an hour and 15 min of that again.

Also I think there should be a rule change for madden 25 cause its not even the fact the game had to be restarted but having a two score lead in the 3rd is way different than the first. Especially when its the person wit the disconnection is benefiting from it. There was no way Matthew won that game if it was played out.

Did you allow him to play the CPU? Why didn't you get on to myself or Santry? If neither of the two of you could come to an agreement then we would have said the game should have been simmed.

Also if people have problems they should tell us asap. Like Nelbert telling us about Matthews connection. It would be handy to know things like that so that it can be considered in cases like this whereby the disconnect seemed to be cause by Matthew.

Basically I was 34-26 up with a pick 6 and before I took the PAT gufc quit so the score was recorded as 34-0. I've been having a couple problems with internet speed these days, but I've been on the receiving end of lag and DCs from other players too.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams beat the CPU Hawks 24-17

Bradford went 1 of 10 for 9yds!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    To be fair he hit a wide open Britt 3 times and the dummy dropped them all!!
    Went in at the half 17-3 down, and the old Rory would have panicked and started lobbing the ball around, but after my last game I got some good advice and instead lent hard on my ground game, and was rewarded with Pead clocking up 170yds on 21 carries and a TD and Jackson chipping in with 44yds and a TD. Then backed my defence to step up and stop them, which they did with a pick 6 from Verner.

Rams move to 4-5 and 1-1 in the division, next up is the return of AJ Green to the Bengals!!

• Advertisement

Cards not gona make tonight man save ya hanging around.

Advertisement