Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what scope/sight should i get

• 04-03-2013 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi everybody,i was just wondering could i get spme advice. Ive been playing airsoft for roughly six months now nd i recently bought myself a scar vut im not sure whst sight to get for it. I was told acogs are good but would they be more for outdoor use as i mainly play cqb. Any tips or advice would be realy appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

For indoor / CQB use, a reflex sight like the EOTech 551's or XPS-2's would suit better, as they are compact, hard wearing and lens protectors are cheap

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭airwolf08

Hiya it does but i was given a loan of one of them by a friend for a night and i found myself leaning out to see had i hit my target. Any tips for that

airwolf08 wrote: »
    Hiya it does but i was given a loan of one of them by a friend for a night and i found myself leaning out to see had i hit my target. Any tips for that

Do you shoot with both eyes open? And if you hit someone in game, they should be calling their hits ;)

No i close one eye and aim through the sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

If you play indoors or CQB, a red dot or holographic sight is the best option. An ACOG is best for outdoors play, due to the 4x magnification.

Personally, I prefer the ACOG, as I play outdoors and the 4x improves my right eye vision so it's very helpful to me.

• Advertisement

No i close one eye and aim through the sight

This will cause eye strain, so try shooting with both eyes open and see how it goes, I'm sure you will see an improvement :)

Also, I've only really used iron sights in Airsoft, as you can track the BB's by eye and use a laser or torch or tracers for the dark

what torch would you recommend

what torch would you recommend

That is a tough question and for indoor / CQB use + value, this is hard to beat: http://www.adverts.ie/camping-outdoor-pursuits/led-focus-zoom-light-lamp-for-air-soft-guns/1302522

If you need it for outdoor as well, I'd recommend one with more light output :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

If you play mainly cqb then a dot, or reflex is your only option or ditch them and just use your iron sights. The idea of dot sights and reflex'zzzzzzzz is for fast target acquisition in a close quarter combat environment. You generally use these with two eyes open, it is not that difficult to train yourself to fire with both eyes open. Personally I use a T1 micro, co witnessed with my iron sights, if I am playing outdoor I slap on a magnifier.

I use two lights one on my PEQ and a replica surefire M600 by element which is crrrrazy bright, cheap and looks the part and in the 6 months I have it never let me down. Bought it on airsoftpark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭drphil90

If I was looking for a sight for outdoor use I would use an ACOG right? any recommendations on brands or particular models would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

drphil90 wrote: »
    If I was looking for a sight for outdoor use I would use an ACOG right? any recommendations on brands or particular models would be greatly appreciated

Only if you wanted.

A magnified ACOG is a 4x32 scope - it is widely used because it looks fantastic on most assault rifles, especially the M4. Some brands of ACOG are ridiculously good as far as optical clarity is concerned, but virtually all ACOG's suck for eye relief. You need to have them implanted into your eye, so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, I love them...always will - they look great, and so I accept their pitfalls. They are by no means the best optic ever though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

For outdoors I've always used an Aimpoint. It looks good on an AR because it's pretty bulky and it's a red dot, nice easy target acquisition :)
    http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Airsoft-Accessories/Scopes-and-Sights/GP-Aimpoint-Military-RDS

Advertisement