Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neon genesis evangelion

Options
  • 04-03-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just watched Neon genesis evangelion for the first time. Just watched all 26 episodes over the weekend finishing the last episode today. Can anyone tell me is there is alternate ending to this anime ? The ending i saw was the one where
    Shinji is standing in the middle of everyone and they are congratulating him
    and then it ends... I was completly confused by this so i went to youtube and watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g

which talked about things I didnt see in the anime and and ending I didnt see. So im really confused right now If there more things i need to watch to have this anime complete ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Xodia wrote: »
    Just watched Neon genesis evangelion for the first time. Just watched all 26 episodes over the weekend finishing the last episode today. Can anyone tell me is there is alternate ending to this anime ? The ending i saw was the one where
    Shinji is standing in the middle of everyone and they are congratulating him
    and then it ends... I was completly confused by this so i went to youtube and watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g

which talked about things I didnt see in the anime and and ending I didnt see. So im really confused right now If there more things i need to watch to have this anime complete ?

You need to track down the End of Evangelion feature film, which is an 'enhanced' conclusion to the story. It's not exactly the most straightforward ending (although it is brilliant), but it is a much more satisfying and 'definitive' conclusion. Until they get around to finishing the Rebuild films anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Xodia

nice one, ill check out the end of evangelion film now. what are these rebuild films you speak of ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Xodia wrote: »
    nice one, ill check out the end of evangelion film now. what are these rebuild films you speak of ?

An ongoing series of four theatrical films that reimagine the story of the series and original films. Three have been released, although the third only in Japan at the end of last year. The first was basically just a prettier remake of the first couple of episodes, although the subsequent films have diverged dramatically from the events of the series.

Details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Here is an interesting article on Anime directors such as Mamoru Oshii and Hiroki Azuma thoughts on the third Rebuild film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Rebuild of Evangelion traipses along the railtracks laid by the original series until about midway through the second movie starts treating them with steadily more and more derision. The first one is still the best, because it really manages to give a sense of scale to what's happening..... especially in the final Angel battle.

End of Eva takes some thinking, but take heart. Just think how much more weird and impenetrable things might've been if Anno'd gotten Kunihiko Ikuhara involved in the series, like he'd intended. And it is a happy ending.... of sorts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement